New features of FroYo summarized! [Updated: Aug 06, 2010 @ 17:30]

Search This thread

brianius

Sep 21, 2007
Don't know if mentioned before, but speach synthesis settings do have new functions:

- safer search (off/moderate/strict)
- bad words detection (on/off) :D

Maybe this was before, but not on branded ones.

But why is there no stt button in htc ime keyboard??? :(

Sent from my HTC Desire

S

samsonsam

* Another is that deleting from the browser downloads section deletes the file from the SD card too whilst it didn't in 2.1.
As I remember you previously had two options when deleting something from the downloads section. The first only removed the item from the list, while the second also deleted the file from your SD card. Now you only have the second option.

th3

Apr 13, 2010
UK-KSA-S.E.Asia
As I remember you previously had two options when deleting something from the downloads section. The first only removed the item from the list, while the second also deleted the file from your SD card. Now you only have the second option.
Yes, that's correct.

-----------------------------------
- Sent via my HTC Desire -

Silverwaver

Apr 4, 2010
In 2.2, pressing the next button on the headset or on the phone no longer scrolls through the preset radio channels. =[.

th3

Apr 13, 2010
UK-KSA-S.E.Asia
Lockscreen:
- The screen unclock sequence can be set to engage after some minutes, or immediatly. (Better formulated by elek_it)
Can you clarify what you mean there exactly. Are you talking about the screen timeout setting (which controls the lockscreen appearance) or something else? If the latter, where can this setting be found?

I RICHY I

Jun 25, 2010
Bristol
Lock/unlock sound. No idea if it has been.mentioned, I didn't see it on the main page and I can't be bothered to go through the entire thread (currently on an edge connection)

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

smudgelab

Jan 17, 2010
Couldn't see this mentioned but apologies if it has... Occasionally & completely randomly, when replying to a text message, I get a pop up asking me to input a number but no extra pop up box to input one. This completely unnecessry anyway as I am replying to a message... Just me? Stock 2.2 / unbranded / unlocked... everything else, sweet as a nut just this "annoyance" every now & again... (annoying as you're only asked for this number once you've written your text & you can't input the jumbr s on box, so have to start again):confused: Not on the scale of globa warming I'll admit...

Bouncer5

Jun 10, 2010
Glasgow
* One thing you haven't added is that browser downloads don't in 2.2 have the option of "Clear all".

* Another is that deleting from the browser downloads section deletes the file from the SD card too whilst it didn't in 2.1.

In 2.1 you had the option to remove from download list or delete from SD but it wasn't so, I miss the clear all. :(

Last edited:

I RICHY I

Jun 25, 2010
Bristol
Also, Facebook image updates on the phone when someone changes their Facebook photo. Before you had to link and unlink.

NoOneCanHelpMe

Jun 12, 2010
UK
I dont know if this was on 2.1, but I found that when press&hold "back" button on Desire it goes to history page :) hope some1 finds that useful :))

epro

Oct 3, 2007
E-Mail bug

Downloaded e-mail are removed when removed from mailserver. In 2.1 downloaded e-mail was not removed and could still be read, even if removed from mailserver.

I use the phone to check my mail account, downloading the complete mail, but not removing the mails from the server. My PC is setup to remove the emails from the server after downloading them, if not the mailserver would fill up. After the mails are removed from the server and I check for mail on the phone, the behaviour of the Desire mail program has changed from 2.1 to 2.2. In 2.1 the downloaded mails was kept on the phone and could be read. In 2.2 the downloaded mails are removed from the phone.

This is, for me, a major bug as the mailprogram is now unusable. I now have to drag a laptop, with the same setup as the phone, along to have my emails that are no longer on the mailserver available.

BTW it is a POP account not IMAP.

Other minor bugs:
I have not heard the notification sound since 2.2 was installed. In 2.1 a sound was heard when dismounting the memorycard, now it's silent.

Typo in the Norwegian translation for the alarms. In the list, "A" is used as a short for "Onsdag", it should be "O". This bug was also present in 2.1.

Last edited:

th3

Apr 13, 2010
UK-KSA-S.E.Asia
*In the 2.1 ROM browser, when you tried to "Copy page URL" by long pressing the URL area, it would only copy after the http://www. section. This was one of my daily peeves so I remember it well. In 2.2, it copies the whole link.

gurmukhp

Jul 18, 2010
Couldn't see this mentioned but apologies if it has... Occasionally & completely randomly, when replying to a text message, I get a pop up asking me to input a number but no extra pop up box to input one. This completely unnecessry anyway as I am replying to a message... Just me? Stock 2.2 / unbranded / unlocked... everything else, sweet as a nut just this "annoyance" every now & again... (annoying as you're only asked for this number once you've written your text & you can't input the jumbr s on box, so have to start again):confused: Not on the scale of globa warming I'll admit...

That's happened to me too!

e.gammieri

Oct 8, 2007
I've found a bug! If you reset to factory settings using all apps -> settings ->SD and memory.... after reset the meteo sync is disabled by default, the news sync is disabled by default and gmail contact sync fail when retrieve some Google contact picture.
If I reset the device using power + volume down on boot all is ok...

And again: the voice input recognize always English when using the default option. For recognize Italian language I must explicitly set that language in voice recognition options!

jannen

Sep 13, 2006
RDS

Im not on Froyo yet, but my radio has RDS. At least it shows correclty the name of the station. If Froyo adds those marquee rolling texts to broadcasts thats a different story. Otherwise RDS works fine since I bought Desire in April.