[APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.2 beta 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ctbear

Oct 15, 2009
Seattle

EDIT2: Since Google patched the loop hole in 2.2.1, this app is no longer working for newer builds. For this reason the developer has stopped supporting the app. If you still want to use this, feel free to do so. It would not harm anything.
However if it doesn't root your phone, there are numerous other methods of rooting out there. I suggest SuperOneClick or unrevoked.

EDIT: I see that a lot of people have no idea what rooting is, or don't even know how to install an apk. Seriously, rooting can potentially harm your phone if you have absolutely no idea what you're doing. For that reason, I strongly recommend you hold off using this app (or rooting in general) until you have done enough research and are more comfortable with Android.
If you insist on using this app, use it at your own risk. You have been warned! :D

This is a good post to guide you through how to flash a custom rom, after rooting your phone. And no, this app does not unlock your bootloader.

Important: I'm not the developer, click the link below for the blog for official release of this app

Official releases here

Aug 30 Update: added v1.6.2 beta 5, added support for more devices, added widget for soft root
Aug 12 Update: added v1.6.1: superuser updated, HTC Tattoo support added. Check official link for changelog
Aug 10 Update: added v1.5.3 for peeps who can't access the link

Official list of supported devices:
Code:
Supported Devices:

Google Nexus One (2.2)
Google G1 (1.6)
HTC Hero (2.1)
HTC Magic (1.5) (Select Do not install Superuser)
HTC Tattoo (1.6)
Dell Streak (2.1)
Motorola Milestone (2.1)
Motorola XT701
Motorola XT800 (2.1)
Motorola ME511
Motorola Charm
Motorola Droid (2.01/2.1/2.2 with FRG01B)
Sony Ericsson X10 (1.6)
Sony Ericsson X10 Mini (1.6)
Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro (1.6)
Acer Liquid (2.1)
Acer beTouch E400 (2.1)
Samsung Galaxy Beam
Samsung galaxy 5 (gt-i5500)
Vibo A688 (1.6)
Lenovo Lephone (1.6)
LG GT540 (1.6)
Gigabyte GSmart G1305

Not supported:

Google Nexus One (2.2 FRG33)
Samsung i9000 / i6500U / i7500 / i5700
Motorola ME600 / ME501 / MB300 / CLIQ XT
Motorola 2.2 FRG22D
Archos 5
HuaWei U8220
HTC Desire / Legend / Wildfire (soft root)
HTC EVO 4G / Aria
SonyEricsson X10i R2BA020
myTouch Slide

Reported working (in this thread):

Code:
Nexus One 2.2
Milestone 2.1
Hero (GSM/CDMA)
Xperia X10 mini
Xperia X10i
G1 1.6
Magic 32A 1.5
Magic 32B 1.6
Mytouch 3G (3.5mm)
Mytouch 3G Slide (v1.6.1 seems to put the phone into reboot loop)
LG Ally
Droid X 2.1
Moto Charm
Moto Flipout
Kyocera ZIO

All credits go to the developer!

Install and run it on your phone. If you have trouble downloading, try download with a computer.

Attachments

• UniversalAndroot_1.5.3.apk
    153.3 KB · Views: 275,453
  • UniversalAndroot_1.6.1.apk
    322.7 KB · Views: 844,465
  • UniversalAndroot-1.6.2-beta5.apk
    941.8 KB · Views: 1,927,554
Last edited:

Forge94

Dec 19, 2009
So I can root then unroot, and there will be no trace?
The warranty wont be voided?

Sorry for the questions. I'm just trying to work out why I should do the "root without unlocking bootloader" method instead of this.
Any difference? My guess is that this will unlock the bootloader...

MishFdM

May 26, 2010
www.miui.it
So I can root then unroot, and there will be no trace?
The warranty wont be voided?

Sorry for the questions. I'm just trying to work out why I should do the "root without unlocking bootloader" method instead of this.
Any difference? My guess is that this will unlock the bootloader...

Rooting with bootloader unlock will void your warranty.

chris6278

Jun 16, 2010
Wow this actually works. I was always to afraid to try an root my phone cause i didnt wanna screw my phone up but this is so much easier an the best part is the bootloader stays locked so u dont void ur warranty

enlothien

Mar 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry for this dumb question can anyone that uses this method post a guide on how to set up custom rom on nexus one also change the status bar

Truly appreciate that

existonz09

Dec 30, 2009
so this basically is the fastest way to root ur nexus one without unlocking bootloader ?

i've been reading the 2 way of rooting my phone without unlocking bootloader but found it quite a challenge to follow thru the guides... So if i use this app.. its the same thing ?(root without unlocking bootloader)

will i be able to flash cyanogen mod 6 rc2 after rooting with this ?

trish01

Jun 8, 2010
I'm interested in using this. Just a couple of questions though, firstly will this wipe the phone like the regular bootloader unlock N1 root method does? Second, once I've installed it and press root, will the phone just reboot and start up with root access or will it be rooted immediately without restarting? Thirdly once I'm rooted, does this behave exactly the same way as the bootloader unlock method, ie. flashing new recovery images and roms is handled exactly the same way?

If anyone's game enough it'd be good to see it in action on YouTube or something. I've always been pretty wary of rooting my phone for fear of screwing something up and bricking it.

ctbear

Oct 15, 2009
Seattle
I'm interested in using this. Just a couple of questions though, firstly will this wipe the phone like the regular bootloader unlock N1 root method does? Second, once I've installed it and press root, will the phone just reboot and start up with root access or will it be rooted immediately without restarting? Thirdly once I'm rooted, does this behave exactly the same way as the bootloader unlock method, ie. flashing new recovery images and roms is handled exactly the same way?

If anyone's game enough it'd be good to see it in action on YouTube or something. I've always been pretty wary of rooting my phone for fear of screwing something up and bricking it.

No it doesn't wipe any data and yes it's just as easy as pressing the "Root" button. It's in effect immediately and my bootloader is still locked
I haven't tried flashing a custom recovery but other user had reported that it works

Last edited:

enlothien

Mar 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
This is what I did

1. Download the app n install
2. Run the app n click root. App takes a few minutes n then pops a message that m rooted
3. I then open metamorph n let metamorph run the check to see if phone is rooted n results is yes.

Then I tried the unrooting method n it work.

Now can someone assist by guiding me how to get custom roms loaded or to change the status bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EDIT2: Since Google patched the loop hole in 2.2.1, this app is no longer working for newer builds. For this reason the developer has stopped supporting the app. If you still want to use this, feel free to do so. It would not harm anything.
    However if it doesn't root your phone, there are numerous other methods of rooting out there. I suggest SuperOneClick or unrevoked.

EDIT: I see that a lot of people have no idea what rooting is, or don't even know how to install an apk. Seriously, rooting can potentially harm your phone if you have absolutely no idea what you're doing. For that reason, I strongly recommend you hold off using this app (or rooting in general) until you have done enough research and are more comfortable with Android.
    If you insist on using this app, use it at your own risk. You have been warned! :D

This is a good post to guide you through how to flash a custom rom, after rooting your phone. And no, this app does not unlock your bootloader.

Important: I'm not the developer, click the link below for the blog for official release of this app

Official releases here

Aug 30 Update: added v1.6.2 beta 5, added support for more devices, added widget for soft root
    Aug 12 Update: added v1.6.1: superuser updated, HTC Tattoo support added. Check official link for changelog
    Aug 10 Update: added v1.5.3 for peeps who can't access the link

Official list of supported devices:
    Code:
    Supported Devices:

Google Nexus One (2.2)
    Google G1 (1.6)
    HTC Hero (2.1)
    HTC Magic (1.5) (Select Do not install Superuser)
    HTC Tattoo (1.6)
    Dell Streak (2.1)
    Motorola Milestone (2.1)
    Motorola XT701
    Motorola XT800 (2.1)
    Motorola ME511
    Motorola Charm
    Motorola Droid (2.01/2.1/2.2 with FRG01B)
    Sony Ericsson X10 (1.6)
    Sony Ericsson X10 Mini (1.6)
    Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro (1.6)
    Acer Liquid (2.1)
    Acer beTouch E400 (2.1)
    Samsung Galaxy Beam
    Samsung galaxy 5 (gt-i5500)
    Vibo A688 (1.6)
    Lenovo Lephone (1.6)
    LG GT540 (1.6)
    Gigabyte GSmart G1305

Not supported:

Google Nexus One (2.2 FRG33)
    Samsung i9000 / i6500U / i7500 / i5700
    Motorola ME600 / ME501 / MB300 / CLIQ XT
    Motorola 2.2 FRG22D
    Archos 5
    HuaWei U8220
    HTC Desire / Legend / Wildfire (soft root)
    HTC EVO 4G / Aria
    SonyEricsson X10i R2BA020
    myTouch Slide

Reported working (in this thread):

Code:
    Nexus One 2.2
    Milestone 2.1
    Hero (GSM/CDMA)
    Xperia X10 mini
    Xperia X10i
    G1 1.6
    Magic 32A 1.5
    Magic 32B 1.6
    Mytouch 3G (3.5mm)
    Mytouch 3G Slide (v1.6.1 seems to put the phone into reboot loop)
    LG Ally
    Droid X 2.1
    Moto Charm
    Moto Flipout
    Kyocera ZIO

All credits go to the developer!

Install and run it on your phone. If you have trouble downloading, try download with a computer.
    I'm a super user! Wow, that just made rooting so simple. Amazing.
    Once you use this app, you can install any custom rom. I used this app and now run CM6 final with the mean and green theme. Great app and great idea!:)
    thanks for the quick reply bro! :cool:
    Explanations required for a newbie

Hello all,

I am not only new to the world of Android, but also to the Unix/Linux world, having spent most of my professional life working on the DOS/Windows platform. A lot of what I read here seems to make sense, but only if you have a basic - if not intermediate - knowledge of the Linux techno-babble... which I don't.
    I'd like to gather enough information so I can publish a (hopefully) simple article for Windows users who want easy steps into rooting and using custom ROMs. Without having to learn what SU is, how to navigate through folders using archaic shell commands, and what not.

So... learning from my own experience so far...

I followed the steps to 1-click root my HTC Magic 32a. It apparently worked, with Universal Androot telling me my device is now rooted. I did it twice (after sorting through hundreds of posts to see if it could cause any damage, which it didn't), and I'm fairly confident I got that part done right.
    However, being ever-doubtful, I wanted a second opinion as to whether my device is actually rooted. So I downloaded the latest Android SDK, added the Android 1.5 platform (which is what currrently runs on my Magic) and followed what seemed to be the most widely accepted recommendations. (Of course, my device has the proper USB drivers, I can see the SD card just fine from Windows Explorer, so I assume the *physical* connection is taken care of).

Going to the API's /tools subfolder, I type
    adb devices
    to which i get the following reply
    HT95MNK03518 device
    which seems to confirm my device is correctly identified.

Then, I try the following:
    adb root
    but all I get as a reply is:
    adb cannot run as root in production builds
    and the program hangs there. I have to kill it through the task manager to regain control of the DOS command prompt

My ultimate goal is to install Froyo on my Magic. Since I'm already stuck after this admittedly simple procedure, I'm kind of weary of attempting to go beyond and burn a new image onto the phone.

So can anyone tell me why ADB won't grant me root access even though the phone is supposedly rooted?

And as for the next steps, given my very basic knowledge of this environment, is there any Installing-ROMS-On-HTC-Magic-For-Dummies user's guide out there?

Thanks, and sorry for being long-winded.
    Can confirm that it works on ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco running Android 2.1/ERE27, though it loses root on reboot (even though the checkbox for "Root temporary (Unroot after reboot)" is left unchecked) so you have to run the app again. Not a big hassle, only takes 10 seconds.