FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.2 beta 5)

1,351 posts
Thanks Meter: 333

By ctbear, Senior Member on 7th August 2010, 06:09 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
7th August 2010, 04:26 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
does this allow you to load a custom recovery image and therefore flash custom ROMS?

7th August 2010, 05:15 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 294

More
Yes it does
7th August 2010, 05:29 PM |#13  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Sorry for this dumb question can anyone that uses this method post a guide on how to set up custom rom on nexus one also change the status bar

Truly appreciate that
Original Android <3ers!
7th August 2010, 06:00 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Think it'll work on the g1?
7th August 2010, 07:18 PM |#15  

More
so this basically is the fastest way to root ur nexus one without unlocking bootloader ?

i've been reading the 2 way of rooting my phone without unlocking bootloader but found it quite a challenge to follow thru the guides... So if i use this app.. its the same thing ?(root without unlocking bootloader)

will i be able to flash cyanogen mod 6 rc2 after rooting with this ?
7th August 2010, 08:57 PM |#16  
Flag São Paulo

More
This is amazing I'm such a coward newbie. This will help me for sure.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
7th August 2010, 09:18 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 294

More
Yes u can flash i used this app to root my phone an now im running cyanogenmod 6
8th August 2010, 03:45 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm interested in using this. Just a couple of questions though, firstly will this wipe the phone like the regular bootloader unlock N1 root method does? Second, once I've installed it and press root, will the phone just reboot and start up with root access or will it be rooted immediately without restarting? Thirdly once I'm rooted, does this behave exactly the same way as the bootloader unlock method, ie. flashing new recovery images and roms is handled exactly the same way?

If anyone's game enough it'd be good to see it in action on YouTube or something. I've always been pretty wary of rooting my phone for fear of screwing something up and bricking it.
8th August 2010, 03:52 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 333

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trish01

I'm interested in using this. Just a couple of questions though, firstly will this wipe the phone like the regular bootloader unlock N1 root method does? Second, once I've installed it and press root, will the phone just reboot and start up with root access or will it be rooted immediately without restarting? Thirdly once I'm rooted, does this behave exactly the same way as the bootloader unlock method, ie. flashing new recovery images and roms is handled exactly the same way?

If anyone's game enough it'd be good to see it in action on YouTube or something. I've always been pretty wary of rooting my phone for fear of screwing something up and bricking it.

No it doesn't wipe any data and yes it's just as easy as pressing the "Root" button. It's in effect immediately and my bootloader is still locked
I haven't tried flashing a custom recovery but other user had reported that it works
8th August 2010, 03:59 AM |#20  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Red face
This is what I did

1. Download the app n install
2. Run the app n click root. App takes a few minutes n then pops a message that m rooted
3. I then open metamorph n let metamorph run the check to see if phone is rooted n results is yes.

Then I tried the unrooting method n it work.

Now can someone assist by guiding me how to get custom roms loaded or to change the status bar
8th August 2010, 04:06 AM |#21  

More
It used wifi exploit posted in XDA b4

The creator removed the source code for safety reason
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread