FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ENG bootloader (0.76 needed for CM6) extended fastboot commands.

5,201 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,847
 
Post Reply Email Thread
I took hboot 0.76.2000 from toast's root nand unlock part2 and put it in a new PC36IMG, so that those who installed unrevoked forever can get the extended fastboot commands back.

NOTE: This is only for unrevoked forever users.

Tested to work if flashed from hboot (bootloader)
Not tested in recovery.

NOTE 2: Make a nandroid backup.

Place file on root of sdcard, power off your phone, then power on your phone by holding volume+down and pressing+holding the power button until the white bootloader appears. Press volume up once asked to install the bootloader.

NOTE 3: For those experiencing being stuck in bootloader, you can boot into recovery, flash your current ROM again, (without data wiping) OR just restore a nandroid backup. Flashing a custom kernel will also get you out of the loop. I'm going to go ahead and assume flashing anything other than hboot iwll get you out of the loop.

This will NOT wipe your device, however, backing up is always recommended.

UPDATE: It appears as though everyone is getting stuck in bootloader after this procedure. You can get out of this by reflashing your current ROM (without wiping) and/or restore a nandroid backup. Some have reported errors when trying to restore a nandroid backup. YMMV

Karadorde has put together a package that works. Read his instructions below:

First and foremost it seems that if you get stuck in the Bootloader (no matter what method you are using) then your Nandroid backups are broken. I don't know that anyone has been able to successfully restore from one of those yet.

The file in the OP allows you to apply just the engineering HBOOT.img (hboot_0.76.2000.img) This works flawlessly for some but not so well for others.

The file in Post 71 and Post 91 allows you to apply a full PC36IMG.zip that contains the engineering HBOOT.img (hboot_0.76.2000.img) This is a fix for some who have gotten stuck in the Bootloader after using the file from the OP. At the same time this has also caused the some of the same issues people were having with getting stuck in the Bootloader from the OP. This file will not downgrade any part of your phone, however, it will wipe the phone. Also it is reported that it broke root on one phone. I believe this only happened to one person, need confirmation on if it happened to multiple.

If you get stuck in the Bootloader you can re-flash your Kernel to fix the issue. Not sure if this works with the stock Kernel or if you have to have a custom Kernel. Looking for feedback on this.

If you get stuck in the Bootloader reflash your current rom. Need feedback on this as well.

Link to Karadorde's updated package: http://www.freeza-inc.com/PC36IMG.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip PC36IMG.zip - [Click for QR Code] (209.3 KB, 6051 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to freeza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
12th August 2010, 09:13 PM |#2  
Calkulin's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 9,146
 
Donate to Me
More
Here's the recovery flashable version that I made a while ago
Attached Files
File Type: zip EVO_HBoot_0.76.2000.zip - [Click for QR Code] (363.1 KB, 3723 views)
12th August 2010, 09:22 PM |#3  
freeza's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pasadena, CA
Thanks Meter: 13,847
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin

Here's the recovery flashable version that I made a while ago

Nice. had no idea you made it :-p

Guess I should have searched last night lol.
12th August 2010, 09:24 PM |#4  
Calkulin's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 9,146
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza

Nice. had no idea you made it :-p

Guess I should have searched last night lol.


Well I made it but never posted it as there was no way of flashing it unless you had the ENG hboot to begin with
12th August 2010, 09:28 PM |#5  
rjmjr69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southie
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
anyway of having 79.00 with the commands?


I'm sorry op but its surely going to be asked so might as get it out quickly lol

Exactly what commands are missing?
12th August 2010, 11:15 PM |#6  
pseudoremora's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmjr69

anyway of having 79.00 with the commands?


I'm sorry op but its surely going to be asked so might as get it out quickly lol

Exactly what commands are missing?

He's talking about the fastboot commands, the commands you run when you reboot your phone and set your as "fastboot". Here's some commands you've probably seen if you've tried flashing a custom kernel:
Code:
fastboot flash zimage zImage
fastboot reboot
12th August 2010, 11:25 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoremora

He's talking about the fastboot commands, the commands you run when you reboot your phone and set your as "fastboot". Here's some commands you've probably seen if you've tried flashing a custom kernel:

Code:
fastboot flash zimage zImage
fastboot reboot

Adding on to this, you probably only need fastboot commands if you're planning on doing some serious rom development.
12th August 2010, 11:32 PM |#8  
rjmjr69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southie
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk63

Adding on to this, you probably only need fastboot commands if you're planning on doing some serious rom development.

Thanks for answering
12th August 2010, 11:34 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
one slight thing I am confused on now with unrevoked forever available.

Is it possible to flash the ENG boot without changing the PRI ?

for example:
- stock 2.1 evo / 1.40 pri
- unrevoked 3 + unrevoked forever
- still on 1.40 pri
- flash ENG boot without 1.34 pri, leaving the 1.40 pri

?
13th August 2010, 12:28 AM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I would like to know the same thing.

-frank

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
13th August 2010, 12:31 AM |#11  
freeza's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pasadena, CA
Thanks Meter: 13,847
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoJnky

one slight thing I am confused on now with unrevoked forever available.

Is it possible to flash the ENG boot without changing the PRI ?

for example:
- stock 2.1 evo / 1.40 pri
- unrevoked 3 + unrevoked forever
- still on 1.40 pri
- flash ENG boot without 1.34 pri, leaving the 1.40 pri

?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaediil

I would like to know the same thing.

-frank

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

yes, it is.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes