FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] Blue Circle & Segmented Green Battery with Accurate % - 12/07/10

3,892 posts
Thanks Meter: 742

By zimphishmonger, Senior Member on 16th August 2010, 06:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This mod was originally created for the HTC Desire, but thanks to a lot of people's hard work and collaboration, we now have a clockwork-compatible version for our Vibrant. Besides modifying the original battery images, this mod required major modification to several XML files, which now allows us to specify a specific image for EACH percentage. In essence, instead of having 5 battery icons (0%, 20%, 40%, etc), we now have over 100, including the charging and charged images. The end result: our battery meter is now extremely accurate, down to the exact percentage, and you can modify the battery images to suit your own visual tastes. Feel free to use and modify the below zip files as you please, but please give credit where it is due.

Metamorphs posted do not include the necessary XMLs to be used on a build that doesn't already have the battery mod. Do NOT use them if you have a "stock" battery without percentages.

WARNING: ALWAYS make a nandroid backup prior to installing any modification, including this one. You are making the decision to install this on your own, and I am not responsible for anything nuclear that may happen to your device.

Install Instructions (for flashable versions):
  1. Copy your preferred version of the battery mod to the root of your Internal SD (Clockwork cannot see the External SD).
  2. Reboot into Clockwork Recovery
  3. Flash your chosen update.zip
  4. Reboot and Enjoy!

Install Instructions (for MetaMorph versions):
  1. Download MetaMorph or MetaMorph Pro from the Market
  2. Use it to apply the Morph
  3. Boot into Recovery and clear Dalvik-Cache
  4. Enjoy!

Changelog\Update List
Update 12/7/10: Added Stock JK6 versions (Currently Deodexed only) - If someone would PM me a link to an odexed JK6 framework, I will gladly make a version

Download Links
Segmented Battery Green from JFD Stock : Segmented Battery Green-Clockwork-signed.zip
Circular Battery Blue for JFD Stock : Circular Battery Blue–Clockwork–signed.zip
Stock Vibrant JFD Framework (Revert to Stock Battery): StockBattIconVibrant-signed.zip

Segmented Battery Green for JK6 Stock Deodexed : Segmented Battery Green-JK6-Deodexed-CWM.zip
Circular Battery Blue for JK6 Stock Deodexed: CircularBatteryBlue-JK6-Deodexed-CWM.zip

MetaMorphs (Universal, will work on ANY build that already has a "battery mod", meaning shows all the percentages in any form)
Segmented Battery Green: SegmentedBatteryGreen_NoXML.zip
Circular Battery Blue: CircularBatteryBlue_NoXML.zip

Original Threads
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=755822
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724778
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=756627
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to zimphishmonger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zimphishmonger Ad-Free

16th August 2010, 09:39 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Here is another attempt. this is BETA! Please leave your feedback. Thanks!

http://www.mediafire.com/?gazdru2774oy4z7 - DOES NOT WORK! Only for images and XML use
16th August 2010, 11:37 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimphishmonger

Here is another attempt. this is BETA! Please leave your feedback. Thanks!

http://www.mediafire.com/?gazdru2774oy4z7

I just get an error something about the control file could be missing or invalid...
16th August 2010, 11:56 PM |#4  
Flag Chicago :(
Thanks Meter: 103

Donate to Me
More
Here is the working one I put together just for Vibrant!! Thanks to Fightspit for his original files, also thanks to the OP zimphishmonger for getting me interested in this.. No errors on my end! Enjoy! My phone is completely stock except for root if that helps anyone.

BTW after you clear the cache the phone may take longer to reboot.

To Install:
Boot into clockwork recovery and clear the cache, then flash file from sd. After that clear the cache once again, then reboot.

Also I have included an undo which installs the same way.

Files are now in the OP

As always make a nandroid backup before doing this and I am not responsible for damage to your phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot1.jpg
Views:	2885
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	381827   Click image for larger version

Name:	scbmcgrey.png
Views:	2763
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	381831  
17th August 2010, 02:12 AM |#5  
Flag N.C.
Thanks Meter: 1,150

Donate to Me
More
^ flashing soon, looks amazing!
17th August 2010, 02:15 AM |#6  
Flag Chicago :(
Thanks Meter: 103

Donate to Me
More
Here is another one (little different) Files are now in the OP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshotrgp.png
Views:	2165
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	381850   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot2.jpg
Views:	2093
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	381851  
17th August 2010, 02:30 AM |#7  
Flag VA
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I flashed this but got stuck at galaxy screen on reboot and yes I've done everything correctly. Any suggestions? I had to do a nandroid restore to get back up and running.
17th August 2010, 02:30 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Huge thanks to the3dman13 for getting this working! Give this man some props.

Mind letting me know what you did to get it working. I tried decompiling the apk, add the files (also decompiled), then recompile and sign the apk.

Im gonna try and put together a metamorph of this
17th August 2010, 02:31 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE7EN-

I flashed this but got stuck at galaxy screen on reboot and yes I've done everything correctly. Any suggestions? I had to do a nandroid restore to get back up and running.

We need a logcat to see whats going on. lot of issues Ive run into attempting to get this mod working, and they all behave that way.....bootloop at Vibrant screen
17th August 2010, 02:32 AM |#10  
Flag St. Louis
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I feel like an idiot, but I'm guessing "clear the cache" is the dalvik? I know now that it's not the cache partition. Nandroid to the rescue!
17th August 2010, 02:39 AM |#11  
Flag Orange County
Thanks Meter: 176

More
This is awsome! No more battery widget!

Doing a Nandroid now and will display the results if I get it to install correctly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)