EPIC or EVO?

Search This thread

puppetmstr

Jun 4, 2010
Iowa
Is this true? I've heard that the Epic has 1GB ROM... 512 MiB... but never heard anything official.

Also, for those of you who think you can compare the Epic to the Captivate:

"Speed of the phone - unrivaled. Possibly the fastest, baddest Android-powered device yet. I own a Captivate, and this thing BLOWS the Captivate out of the water.

When I apply the EXT2 lag fix on Captivate, it brings Captivate up to par with the Epic 4G. But, Epic is fast right out of the box. Boot up times are nice and fast. No ten minutes of loading crap."

I saw how fast the Epic booted in some of the videos... holy ****. It was insane. Maybe it's CM6 (RC2), but my EVO can take a few minutes to boot.

@puppetmstr - Snapdragon in EVO is a Cortex A8..not A9..The Snapdragon 8X72 is a 1.5ghz dual core cpu and 45nm(is cortex A9 mpcore)...the Snapdragon in EVO is a QSD8650 based on Cortex A8

Also..Zune, KIN One, KIN Two uses just a Tegra..not a Tegra2

Epic also has 1gb rom..this was confirmed..512mb was a typo

Wikipedia needs to update its website then, sorry for the false information. I tried to be as helpful as I could to say the least :D

And I did say the Epic had 512mb RAM and 1024mb ROM (1GB). Not unless you meant 1024mb RAM.

Thanks for correcting me nonetheless. :)