PLEASE give credit (and donations if you can) to:
- DaGentooBoy For optimizing the mac and windows scripts, and a lot of troubleshooting (Paypal)
- rbnet.it and marcopon for the cool SGUX utility to extract it (donate to marcopon and rbnet.it Paypal)
- RazvanG for pointing the un-freeze code (Paypal)
- Bowsa2511 for the command to extract the unlock code on a Mac & Pc (Paypal Paypal)
- nbs11 for fixing and optimizing my original mac script, and making it an easier 1-click program. Paypal
This code may not work. If you enter the unlock code wrong to many times or if it gives you the wrong unlock code your phone may become bricked. By continuing you will take full responsibility for any damage. I am not liable
- Make sure that Network Lock is the only thing on... go to phone and enter *#7465625#
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled (Settings->Applications->Development->USB Debugging)
Step 1: get the code
- Download the Samsung Galaxy S Unlocker
- Mount the DMG and drag the folder onto the hard drive. DO NOT DRAG THE ICON WITH THE LOCK (the app). Once the file is finished copying continue.
- Open the application with the lock. It should open a terminal window. Let it run for a few seconds and then it should show the unlock code
- Save/write down the code
- Jump to step 2.
- Download and extract the attached Galaxy S unlocker windows.
- Run Generate_Code.bat
- Look for the line Network Control Key:YourCode
- Save the code
- Jump to step 2.
Step 2: Entering the code
- Power down your phone
- Put in a SIM card from another carrier
- Power up your phone
- When it boots up it will ask for the unlock code that you found above now enter the unlock code you generated in Step 1.
Don't have another sim to unlock the phone with? (Thanks RazvanG)
- remove sim card
- power on phone without sim
- enter *7465625*638*# and relock the phone to another network other than the one u have u'r sim card (eg 22610)
- power off phone
- insert sim card back
- power on and enter nck code extracted from .bak file
- phone unlocked
Step 3: Flash back (IF THE CODE WAS UNSUCCESSFUL)
Flash back to an older firmware.
Download the Samsung Galaxy S Unlocker for Mac here:
Download the Samsung Galaxy S Unlocker for PC here:
To make use of your carrier's data, make sure to change the APN settings appropriate to your carrier.
APN settings for all, if not most carriers: Here
Guide in Spanish here
Guide in Chinese here
LEGAL NOTES (because information should be free for all):
YOU MAY NOT, BY ANY MEANS, USE THIS SOLUTION/CODE OR PART OF IT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
DO NOT USE THIS EXTRACTION METHOD COMMERCIALLY