FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] One Click Lag Fix APK

1,595 posts
Thanks Meter: 118

By rhcp0112345, Account currently disabled on 25th August 2010, 11:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I take no credit for this at all. I saw it on the I900 post. and it works on vibrant. It gets rid of the sleep->awake lag.

NOTE: YOU MUST DO THE UNLAGFIX. DO NOT RUN THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=760571
Author: RyanZA
Donation Link for him: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

25th August 2010, 03:23 PM |#2  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I wonder if a better place for this would be the Themes and APPS section...
I only say this bc it is an app...
25th August 2010, 04:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I don't think so - I think the subject matter of this post and APP clearly deal with development as it pertains to the many lag fixes that are out now. Furthermore, any additional developments, questions, concerns, and problems would be much better address here by DEVELOPERS rather than the larger number of laymen who read the Themes and Apps section.

I am running Vibrant6 Eclair on my phone, and have ALWAYS had problems implementing any lag fix. Be it Ryan's one click, or MODACO's playlogos1 script hack. I've never been able to increase by Quadrant score, and have constantly run into "cannot read mounted card", "file already exists", i've even had the lag fix run all the way through, and had 890 quadrant scores.

This APP finally worked for me.

I installed the APK - then I "unrooted my phone" (option in the apk)

Then rebooted, then "re-rooted" my phone (with newest Busybox / SU )

Then rebooted, got into the phone, and ran this "one click app" again.

Chose "ONE CLICK LAG FIX"

Waited about 5-8 minutes, then phone auto rebooted.

I get on, run quadrant - 2125.

However, the phone seems to be running CHOPPIER and more SLUGGISH with regards to live wallpapers and home screen scrolling - whether or not the wallpaper is static or live. I was hoping that the lag fix, with such a high quadrant score, would make my phone UI run smoother (launcher pro) however, it doesn't seem to be the case. I have been using the phone for 3 hours now though, and not ONE single "hanging lag". Used to happen quite frequently - although for only 5-10 seconds and not overly annoying, still annoying to say the least.

Hopefully with the implementation of better roms, we will be able to get rid of this home screen lag issue.

Just wanted to confirm this lag fix works on my phone, running stock kernel, vibrant6 eclair. Just run the app and watch it go.
25th August 2010, 05:35 PM |#4  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 118

Donate to Me
More
I can tell you from trying 10+ lag fixes.

This one is by far the BEST. Now I did not unroot. I dont know if that matterrs.

But i have a 2200+ Quad and the sleep->awake lag is GONE. and All the other lag is GONE.

I have no complains. Using a TMO vibrant here.
25th August 2010, 07:06 PM |#5  
Flag Georgia

More
QUOTE=RyanZA; Ah, that issue! This lag fix will also take a long time to back up. It is not a different lag fix from the others, just a safer and easier to use lag fix. People who can already install the more advanced lag fixes should rather use those! This is aimed more at people who don't want the complications of those methods. = end quote

So people know, this is a simple ext2 lag fix... Most of the fixes in this forum are much more stable if you research... This app is for the lazy/ignorant if you don't know what you are doing or don't want to learn a better way of doing it... This is not a better/different fix... In fact this is a less stable lag fix..

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
25th August 2010, 07:08 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Yeah I posted this on the market for RyanZA - just search for Galaxy S, Vibrant or LagFix it should pop up. I'm running his 2.3 LagFix which has a few more enhancements over the current Market app.

My more recent Quadrant:

Stock Kernel, RyanZA's 2.3 lagfix.
25th August 2010, 07:24 PM |#7  
Flag N.C.
Thanks Meter: 1,151

Donate to Me
More
QUADRANT MEANS JACK $HIT... why is it constantly referenced as a good indicator?

Maybe everyone should flash cyanogens FAKE rom that had a 9k quadrant score, lol.
25th August 2010, 07:33 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s15274n

QUADRANT MEANS JACK $HIT... why is it constantly referenced as a good indicator?

Maybe everyone should flash cyanogens FAKE rom that had a 9k quadrant score, lol.

Ok, give me a benchmark utility that you find as a good indicator, and I will post that instead. Just be sure to get your panties out of a wad when I do - ok?
25th August 2010, 07:38 PM |#9  
Flag Georgia

More
Its not a bad benchmark app, especially when there are few variables.. But start comparing different phones and the free version is just an average of 4 different benchmarks... Our display is what has us at the top of the list.. Not cpu or memory..

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
25th August 2010, 07:47 PM |#10  
Flag da beach
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Letting ya know this works..I first ran the Quadrant and for a 750 then I did not unroot or anything installed the tools and did the oneclick lag fix ran the Quadrant again and got 2042
25th August 2010, 07:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s15274n

It isn't that bad of an indicator if you didn't purposely rigged up your phone to 'cheat' the system.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)