http(s) proxy support (web, maps, etc)

Search This thread

mistahd33

Aug 2, 2008
The latest version of transproxy already supports custom port number, also this project has been discontinued and the work is being continued in an app called autoproxy.

Sent from my atari 2600 using a big scary looking, extremely modified double dragon cartridge.

cyberden

Jul 4, 2009
Hi everybody and thanks for all the work done with this app.

I'm using it on a desire with CM7 to connect to an http tunnel opened via putty on my computer. Everything is working fine (radio streaming, web browsing, even installing app with the latest market).

However, the wifi icon in the notification is never "green" which means that I don't have push mail and automatic sync. The strange thing is I can send mail with the app and it works...

Has anybody seen that? Is there anything to do?

Zorigo

Feb 24, 2012
London
The app doesn't seem to be working for me
I'm using This thread to try and set inverted colours in the browser, but when i'm setting my proxy host as localhost and port as 8118 using the Transparent Proxy app, when i try to turn the proxy on by clicking the on/off button, it says;
Failed to start proxy.sh (sh:applet not found)
Any help please?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was sitting at a customer (yes real work) the other day without access to VPN (ports blocked) and i was roaming so daren't switch on 3g due to the extortionate costs. They did have a wireless access and required a proxy for browsing, web mail, etc. Unfortunately if you're connected to wireless you can't also turn your wifi on your laptop into an adhoc hotspot for your phone (even though ad-hoc works perfectly now) so i quickly downloaded transproxy, compiled it (i did have access to the NDK on my lappie luckily) , and set up iptables and voila, a transparent proxy was up and running and everything sprung into life on my Desire. The nice thing (as mentioned in the subject) is that this is not limited to only the browser (i.e. it's not setting the http_proxy in the SQlite db) so even my MAPS, and everything that uses comms thru port 80 came to life.

Posting this if anyone's interested. I hear the CM6 now has proxy access, but this should work for any ROM that is rooted (i.e has su installed) and has iptables support.

Basic HTTP auth is supported, NTLM is NOT SUPPORTED CURRENTLY (and may never be as i don't have a server i can test with).

UPDATE 7th MAY 2011: PLEASE READ THIS POST FIRST

PLEASE post logcat outputs while starting transproxy or it makes it hard for me to diagnose errors. Just saying it doesn't work will not help me fix it.

Version 3.08 beta
    - New GUI only. Thanks lots to user fonix232

Version 3.04-3.07
    - Bugfixes

Version 3.03
    - Major rewrite of redsocks to support transparent proxying (no need to support tproxy binary).

Version 3.02
    - Limit the forks as some complex pages may result in large number of process forks which may lead to memory depletion, slowdown in phone, crash, etc.
    - Add port 5228 redirection for market auth

Version 3.01
    - Split traffic for b*stard proxies that don't support port 80 connections via CONNECT method

Version 3.00
    - Full transparency (currently only 80/443 forwarded)

Version 2.04
    - Fixed the loss of focus bug when going from on -> off in the GUI
    - Fixed the hostname resoltion bug in the Host field.

Version 2.03
    - SOCKS 4a/5 support
    - Fix password quoting in proxy.sh script
    - Removed iptables binary due to ROM incompatabilites. Your ROM must support and have iptables binary included.

Versions 2.01/2.02
    - Private testing versions only to fix bugs.

Version 2.00
    - Rewrite to support (basic) proxy auth
    - Disabled https as it cannot work transparently

Version 1.03
    - Fix to work nexus one not having multiport module
    - Included 'iptables' binary

Version 1.02
    - Internal only version

Version 1.01
    - Fix for broken 'su' parsing by splitting the iptables script into 2 scripts to start/stop

Version 1.0
    - Broken version not working with 'su' correctly

TODO:
    - Abritrary forwarding (i.e. 80,443,++++) -but the upstream proxy needs to allow those ports which it seems many b*stard proxies don't. Use a VPN for that if you can.
    - NTLM support
    Due to family issues i am not able to work on this any longer and (as people have noticed) i have been vacant from the development scene for a while. I will upload the sources to the 1st post in the next half hour. Anyone is given full permission to dissect, fix, reuse anything and include it in their ROM as required. The backend (redsocks) code needs to be updated as the developer has also let me know that a new version is out. As always stated, NTLM is not supported, but with enough free time it should not be a gargantuan task to do so whomever picks up the gauntlet. I have returned to see 31 messages in my PM inbox so please don't expect personal responses.

This started as a pet project one day when i was onsite at a customer and turned into a beast where i got a lot of encouragement but also people felt i should respond to them even though i'd answered all the questions several times before. I know it's difficult for people to go thru pages and pages of posts but really all the answers are in the first post (believe it or not). I will try and monitor this thread, but please if you take this code and further it, start a new thread with the fork. There is (i believe) some good code in here for android beginners (which i was) so a good reference point on how to code an app and call external apps, kill them, etc. I'm only releasing v3 of the code as it should be the way forward. Again, the GUI android bit of the code is ONLY the controls to start up the real workhorse which is iptables and redsocks. The latter do all the necessary magic.

On the first post is now

1. TransProxy3.zip (the android code tha needs to be imported into eclipse)
    2. redsocks4transproxy3.zip (the redsocks code and libevent - this need the SDK to compile the arm binaries which needs to be copied into the assets directory)

The latter #2 can be compiled on linux x86 for testing as it is linux code.
    AutoProxy released!

Thanks to daveba for the releasing the source for this useful app. I have made it more useful still, by releasing a new app based on it, and created a new Thread for that. Find it here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13877562

Here are a couple screenshots:

device.png
    device2.png
    Great work! I'm so happy someone capable finally cares about the missing wifi proxy issue.
    Do you think it will work on other (rooted) phones, too? I'm interested using it with my Milestone...

Looking forward to see it with a nice UI.
    For anybody searching in this thread, the successor for this app, Autoproxy, now has proxy.pac support, and a free version on the market. Check it out at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mgranja.autoproxy_lite