FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

PSP Hacking Thread

916 posts
Thanks Meter: 112

By C0dy, Senior Member on 29th August 2010, 01:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Discuss PSP hacking in this thread. Recently decided to put CFW on my PSP 1000. I installed M33-6, and I love it. Emulators run flawlessly, and I love CXMB. Anybody know of a way I can take screenshots on my PSP?

29th August 2010, 08:10 AM |#2  
Flag Brooklyn, NewYork
Thanks Meter: 40

Donate to Me
More
i know a way to transfer the screen output but i guess u should look into psp iso google it
29th August 2010, 10:45 AM |#3  
Flag Brum
Thanks Meter: 76

More
I want to get a cifs server running on my PSP so I can use it as a wireless drive for my router.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get this done. Going to give uclinux a try, not sure if it will work.
29th August 2010, 10:59 AM |#4  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 625

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akbisw

i know a way to transfer the screen output but i guess u should look into psp iso google it

Whats your name on psp iso ill add you
30th August 2010, 07:17 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Does anybody know the differences of M33 and GEN firmware?
30th August 2010, 07:30 PM |#6  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 625

More
i think the difference is the people that make them i think i tend to use M33 though
30th August 2010, 08:23 PM |#7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0dy

In my experiene GEN tends to be a testing version, sort of like a BETA, whilst M33 is the finished product which can be released in different versions.
30th August 2010, 08:52 PM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0dy

M33 was developed by Dark_Alex, who completely dropped off the face of the earth some time last year. The problem with M33 is that it only goes up to 5.00 M33-6. Most games requiring 5.50 and above will not work with this CFW as they check for FW version. There are patches to allow you to play those games, like those released by yoshihiro (also part of team GEN)

GEN is not a beta version, but they are always improving it, so it is always an unfinished product (you can thank Sony's efforts in blocking CFW for that). They have grown a lot over the last year or so, and honestly, it is quite stable and fast. Most homebrews run flawlessly on it. I personally have D3 and never looked back at M33
31st August 2010, 04:13 PM |#9  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by egzthunder1

M33 was developed by Dark_Alex, who completely dropped off the face of the earth some time last year. The problem with M33 is that it only goes up to 5.00 M33-4. Most games requiring 5.50 and above will not work with this CFW as they check for FW version. There are patches to allow you to play those games, like those released by yoshihiro (also part of team GEN)

GEN is not a beta version, but they are always improving it, so it is always an unfinished product (you can thank Sony's efforts in blocking CFW for that). They have grown a lot over the last year or so, and honestly, it is quite stable and fast. Most homebrews run flawlessly on it. I personally have D3 and never looked back at M33

Oh right, thanks for clearing that up. I honestly prefer M33 though..I find it more compatible with the homebrews I got...haven't really got that many because I'm more into themes and changing the XMB. I'm on 5.50 GEN-D (Full) at the moment, I'm going to try and look for anything good for it and if nothing appeals to me, I think I'll go back to 5.00 M33-6.

Edit: True to my word downgraded back to 5.00 M33-4 (so not entirely true...sorry) using Hellcats Recovery Flasher v1.50. Got all my previous CTF themes back and going to get some more converted ones.
1st September 2010, 09:52 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
iam running 5.50 prometheus

its the only way i can run isos and play the latest umds
btw: try this http://www.atmaxplorer.com/2009/07/h...s-on-your-psp/
7th April 2011, 05:01 PM |#11  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 15

More
HELP! need to install custom firmware to psp3000 /6.20
guys! can you help me how to install custom firmware to PSP 3000 - thanks for your help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)