OpenDesire was made with made purely for the HTC Desire and is compiled from a variety of public repositories, OpenDesire is NOT a port of any HTC ROM, it is compiled from source purely with the exception of the Google Apps for which the source code is not publicised.
OpenDesire was built with stability and reliability in mind and therefore does not contain any additional applications. Since version 3.x some community maintained repositories from CyanogenMod have been included in the release.
You MUST have your Desire rooted in order to use this ROM, I like to try and help all users but I will not be expanding further on this. (use search if you really need help)
- Built 100% from source (with the exception of Google Apps)
- 2.6.35.x kernel
- Google Apps
- Superuser by ChainsDD
- Legacy A2SD with Cache2SD
- 720p camcorder support
- FLAC / WMA / WMV media support
- Deodexed & Zipaligned
- OD OTA update app
- many more mods/tweaks & hacks
- See here
- Ensure you have a custom recovery image installed
- Download the zip file from the link below and copy it to your SD card
- Restart your device in recovery mode
- PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
Thanks to idlesoft.net (ChaosR) for hosting android.adamg.co.uk
Thanks to <Majestic>(down atm), killkennys & iinga for hosting mirrors.
!!!see the 2nd post for recommended radio!!!
!!!perform a wipe if coming from other roms or you WILL encounter problems!!!
No wipe is explicitly required in order to use this ROM, however if you do encounter issues of any kind, it is recommended that you wipe your device and reproduce the issue before raising it here.
- defer/Benee (kernel work)
- st0kes (getting me interested in community android roms)
- cyanogen (great android work)
- everybody else who has contributed