FORUMS

HTC Tilt2 (AT&T) Official ROM Update 2.10.502.4 - Issues, Tweaks, Mods and Fixes

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By dirtybirdphoenix, Member on 31st August 2010, 09:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This thread is for the HTC Tilt2 (AT&T) Official ROM Update 2.10.502.4 issues, tweaks, mods and fixes

thank you to everyone who has submitted your issues and those who have had fixes for us! keep up the great work!

I will try to organize any tweaks, mods or fixes in this thread in the first couple posts for easy access.

There are threads in the Touch Pro2, Tilt 2 Windows Mobile ROM Development forums but being that the ROM is already developed. I thought it best that the thread be in this, the General forum.

Here are a couple of the original threads in the Touch Pro2, Tilt 2 Windows Mobile ROM Development forums:

HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=737168 : New ATT Tilt2 ROM
HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=739412 : Cabs and Tweaks for New Official Tilt 2 Rom - this is in General but at the time i did this post i thought it was in ROM Development

If anyone has an issue, tweak, mod or fix feel free to add to the thread so i can keep this thread up to date, let’s try to make this as complete as possible!

I would like to keep the fixes and mods as easy as possible... E.g. installing a rom. the reason for this is to make the tweaks, mods and fixes easily accessible to new users. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

----------
-Issues
----------

HTC Album Cache - the HTC Album cache gets really huge, especially when you look at facebook albums. If anyone knows how to move the cache to the storage card that information would be greatly appreciated.

Text Message Notification - when the message pops up on the bottom of screen some people only have the option to "hide" the message on the left...the "View" message option that was usually on the right is gone.

HTC Messaging - How can I get rid of "HTC Messaging?" I just want the old Microsoft text messaging back (ie, spell check, clear "to" field, etc)!

T-Mobile MMS Setings - i Cant setup mms settings for tmobile! please help. htc connections setup didnt help!

----------
-Tweaks
----------

crudscraper - great for removing most of the bloat-ware that comes on the stock ROM. : HTTP://www.pyromosh.org/projects/crudscraper/

.NET Compact Framework 3.5 - This is the official .msi from microsoft but needs to be installed via active sync. : HTTP://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

.NET Compact Framework 3.7 - This is an unofficial update that was pulled from a ROM. : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1280458869

Switch OFF GPRS (MoDaCo NoData).cab (24.5 KB) - Pretty much what the name says. : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1280377303

BsB Tweaks 1.6.cab (260.7 KB) - Tweak tool : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1281749103

SdkCerts.cab (4.6 KB) - Software development certificates, good to have some apps and mods require these : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1241383025

----------
-Mods
----------

Duttys Task Manager 2.1.19183631.cab (413.8 KB) - Drop-Down Task manager like the original AT&T ROM : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1257089135

e-Natives Showcase - finger friendly task manager. Great if you program PTT button to open this app : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1244739118

R6_Landscape 16 Links.cab (1.11 MB) - Changes quick links from 3x3 to 4x4. : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1280446983

People tab 4x4 WVGA v2.cab (70.1 KB) - changes favorite people from 3x3 to 4x4. : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1280409176

Disable_Flip_WVGA_2.5.cab (21.7 KB) - Disables the flip animation on the flip clock. : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1280409176

B_Brians WM6.5 Taskbar gfreek editionV5b.cab (1.44 MB) - nice taskbar icon skins for battery, sound... may need SDKCerts.cab installed first... stop HTC Sense, install, soft reset, restart HTC Sense: HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1280415782

No Curtains for Manila 2.5.1922.cab (44.4 KB) - Pretty much what the name says. : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1280446983

JKS_Antonio_Transparent_Flip_Clock.cab (392.4 KB) - Pretty much what the name says. : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1280446983

JKS_Antonio_Transparent_Clock_Background.cab (135.7 KB) - Pretty much what the name says. : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1280446983

Reset.cab (6.7 KB) - Soft reset app : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1280523352

StartMenu_Grid_3.CAB (15.0 KB) - Pretty much what the name says. : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...4&d=1283296746

StartMenu_Grid_4.CAB (15.0 KB) - Pretty much what the name says. : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...5&d=1283296746

StartMenu_Grid_5.CAB (14.9 KB) - Pretty much what the name says. : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1283296746

StartMenu_Grid_6.CAB (14.9 KB) - Pretty much what the name says. : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1283296746

TP2-Batt.cab (81.3 KB) - shows battery power in 1% increments, you need a new task bar to see on home screen : HTTP://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...4&d=1245199767

----------
-Fixes
----------

cleartemp-v1.3.cab (83.4 KB) - free up program memory by running this app, cleans cache and temp files that are not needed : http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-de...0&d=1268945449

Move Opera Cache to Storage Card - Open Opera, and type "opera:config" in the address bar. You'll then be in the config page, find the section "User Prefs". In there, you should find something called "Cache Directory4". Just change that path to any directory in your storage card (for example: "\Storage Card\OperaCache"). Scroll down and click on save changes.

Saving Rom Space - when installing programs from the MSFT Marketplace you can go in to settings and chance the install destination from the phone to the storage card

HTC Sense Twitter Tab error - HTC and twitter have resolved this issue, there has been an exception to the twitter API policy for certain software.

Annoying SMS Sent Notification - Solution: Make: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Jataayu\Messaging] "DisableSMSSuccess"=dword:1
Credit goes to hx4700 killer
^does anyone know how to make a .cab for this fix?!?!? a little time from one person can save everyone else a lot of time. thank you!

Facebook contact photo - you have to go in to edit contact and touch the photo to create a facebook link then you have to tap it again to download it.
31st August 2010, 09:53 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag VA

More
saved for op
31st August 2010, 09:54 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag VA

More
saved for op again
31st August 2010, 09:55 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag VA

More
first issue -

so i have updated to the latest official rom and its great, been holding off on moddin it but i have an issue where it keeps telling me the memory is full, the HTC Album cache has over 20 mb in it so i emptied it but it would be nice to be able to move the cache to the storage card so i won't have this issue in the future. i think this has a little to do with the facebook integration, can anyone help me here? i found a thread dealing with this issue on the hd2 but it looke like its specific to the hd2's album... ||| http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=600578 ||| sorry for the copy paste link... i can't post links yet as a newer member thank you in advance for any help
31st August 2010, 09:59 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag VA

More
second issue -

drop down task manager is missing, there is a task manager app in the programs and its great for ending tasks and processes, infact i programmed it to the ptt button but i cant jump from one task to another from there. anyone know how to get the good old dropdown task manager back?
31st August 2010, 10:04 PM |#6  
Flag Hurricane Country
Thanks Meter: 361

More
You could have checked the ROM Development subforum where this thread already exists.
31st August 2010, 10:09 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag VA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son

You could have checked the ROM Development subforum where this thread already exists.

i looked all around and didn't see anything, can you link it?
31st August 2010, 10:18 PM |#8  
Flag Hurricane Country

More
Must not have looked too hard, it's on the 1st page. Here's the main one, but there are others. This new ROM on the HTC site is the same as the one leaked a month ago.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=737168
31st August 2010, 10:32 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag VA

More
i thought fixes and tweaks were supposed to go in the general thread and not the rom thread but oh well... thanks for the info!
1st September 2010, 01:31 AM |#10  
Flag Hurricane Country

More
There is this existing thread in here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=739412
1st September 2010, 04:58 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag VA

More
i think i'm going to go ahead and post the information in here anyways, the other two threads are long in the tooth and i have to go searching through them to get useful info. its always nice to have something easy to read but i will also link to them in the op
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fixes, official rom, tilt2, tweaks, update

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)