FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM]EclairMOD v0.3b Faster and More Reliable

1,186 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,383

By 89luca89, Retired Recognized Developer on 2nd September 2010, 03:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Update v3b!! (Changelog in Bold so new reader can read the full descriptio, if you have the ROM already you can only read the BOld or jump to changelog )

<<<<DOWNLOADS>>>>
EclairMODv3b.zip-4shared
EclairMODv3b.zip
-Megaupload
EclairMODv3b
-Rapidshare

NB1:
TO ALL EclairMODv3 USERS,
You can restore only the system.img! this way you'll not lose any data or setting! Wipe data\cache this way:
RECOMMENDED only for v3 users, from other roms, or also from older EclairMOD verison, I suggest to wipe and restore the entire Backup!

NB2: I have to THANKS zewelor1 and Nothze that helped me A LOT to improve this rom even more! Thanks many props to you!!

the EclairMOD is a light ROM, I removed almost everything superfluous, all the crapware motorola, then:
APPLICATIONS REMOVED:
AlarmClock.apk
CarDock.apk
email.apk
FOTA.apk ----> updates are disabled in this way, but I don't tink they are needed : p
Gestures.apk
HelpCenter.apk
LatinIME.apk
LatinImeTutorial.apk
Launcher.apk
MediaGallery.apk
MotoCal.apk
MotoCarDock.apk
MotoGal.apk
Motonav.apk
PersonalPortal.apk
PicoTts.apk
TtsService.apk
VideoPlayerMoto.apk
VSuiteApp.apk
WorldClockWidget.apk

Here there is the apps removed
Dump.zip
just put them in /system/app and reboot

So given practically a vanilla ROM, and I inserted the following applications:

Wireless Tether - updated
Usb Tether - thx TheSolutor
Nexus Gallery ----> fully functional and integrated with the camera!
Droid X keyboard ---> fully functional with all the symbols and the vibration working!
Voicesearch ----> Voice search with included keyboard (with voice recognition!)
GenieWidget Froyo
Clock.apk original google
Dock.apk original google
Facebook.apk 1.3.2
Spare parts ----> access to additional settings UI and to speed up the animations (and accurate indications of battery consumption)
DroidShuffle.apk ----> control of the player directly from the headset button! 1 click play / pause 2 next 3 previous and long click for the shuffle, the application must sect has a simple UI
MIlestoneOverclock.apk overclocking could not miss ^ _ ^
QuickSettings-> a very handful utility! Nothing more to say

The ROM is complete ZIPALIGNED

Other tewak! :
JIT UPDATED TO v7 (got one is v2 or like that) MORE STABLE AND RELIABLE --> thx samdroid for the porting and zewelor1 for the segnalation
ADBD at Boot-> the ABD shell is loaded directly in Root mode since the boot!
SAMBA enabled! (thx zewelor1 e nadlabak)
NFS enabled! (thx nadlabak)
FLAC enabled!
Memhack enabled!
In build.prop set the time to scan the wifi in 90 seconds ... save a lot of battery (especially when you forget it enabled!)
Build.prop changed, so I added 2 lines on the use of JIT (included)
TWEAK in build.prop VIDEO HQ 6mbit 720x480 30fps max (stops at 24 \ 25 normally anyway: '()
changed dalvik.vm.heapsize increased by 50% from 24 to 36mega! (The DalvikVM will use more RAM but it also has more megs available and with the installed JIT we have a good responsiveness of the system)
Reduced Ring delay!
ROOT->superuser.apk version 2.3.6.1 updated!

Also as I reduced the ROM practically to a vanilla One, I replaced the following apk:

ADW launcher, I've abandoned LauncherPro, ADW is much more lighter, stable, personalizable and with much more settings! (and the resizable widget free )
Music.apk ----> MusicMode replaced with 1.6, provides widgets from 4x1 to 4x4 to control the music, gestures and interface much more advanced than the original
SMS/MMS MOD with led hack to set different colors and much more settings!
NEW BATTERY MANAGER from brazilian firmwares!! very very nice utility for your milestone!
BRIGHTNESS HACK:to set brightness under the minimum of the system (set to 2 where system sets to 20 lol) SPARE A LOT OF BATTERY WHEN NEEDED-> Returned to BrightControl app for compatibility iussues!
WidgetPicker MOD- new and more clean way to pick widget, this overrides the original picker- CREDITS: Boombuler
NEW- Apn-config list of apn, directly from CyanogenMOD 5.08
Google DSN Fix- thx to Kabaldan

SCRIPTS:
I have included in /system /xbin a series of scripts that can be used by ABD or (as I always do) from Terminal Emulator (whom I recommend!)

Again much much thx to zewelor1 to his efforts to improve this rom

mountsys -> mount /system
unmountsys -> unmount /system
rb ---> reboot
rr ----> reboot recovery
soundon ---> enable sound camera
soundoff ---> Disable camera sound
switchba ---> replaces bootanimation in /System/media with another
NB: New boot must be in the root of the SD and renamed "bootanimation.zip" (without the quotes)
blockads ---> block all ads from applications and browser (recommended xD)
showads ---> cancels the previous script and will show all ads
movecache ---> move the cache to sd! (Much free space)
busybox ---> Updated to 1.1.7 thx zewelor1!!)
nano->console text editor -> updated to the latest included in CyanogenMOD 6 rc2
vim->very handy console text editor
mountro/rw->munt unmount /system
agent->script for bluetooth agent configuration!
Cpueater
openssl->support ssl!
Openvpn->conf vpn via terminal!
Rsync
ssh->support ssh!!
timeinfo->info uptime
BUSYBOX installed in XBIN with symlinks so we can use busybox commands without have to type "busybox" before them!

MODULES:
Included in the Rom /system/lib/modules are:
cpufreq_conservative.ko
cpu_freq_interactive.ko
overclock.ko
cifs.ko
sunrpc.ko
lockd.ko
nfs.ko
ext2.ko

they are all loaded at boot (find the scripts in /system/bin/boot_script)

SAMBA & NFS
The modules are all loaded at boot, but to use you'll have to use the TERMINAL EMULATOR on the device!

NFS---> nfs modules for Milestone | android.doshaska.net

SAMBA---> Samba mount - cifs kernel module for Milestone | android.doshaska.net

for the SAMBA there is an app right here on XDA! CifsManager I recommend to create a folder /mnt/cifs with permission 777 AND a folder /sdcard/samba

Reminder: Please, if you have problem with those modules, do not ask in this tread, ask in the linked thread; I'll help you if there is a problem with the loading at boot, but I cannot help with the use of them!

OverClock
the file is as follows:

Code:
 #! /System/bin/sh

/System/bin/ insmod /system/lib/modules/overclock.ko omap2_clk_init_cpufreq_table_addr = 0xc004e4b0
echo 65> /proc/overclocking/max_vsel
echo 1100000> /proc/overclocking/max_rate
echo "1 750000"> /proc/overclocking/freq_table
echo "4 750000000 50"> /proc/overclocking/mpu_opps
echo "2 500000"> /proc/overclocking/freq_table
echo "3 500000000 40"> /proc/overclocking/mpu_opps
echo "3 250000"> /proc/overclocking/freq_table
echo "30 2 250000000"> /proc/overclocking/mpu_opps
1100MHz with VSEL 65 and then with the other 3 step VSEL 50 to 750MHz, 500MHz VSEL 40 and 250MHz VSEL 30
may seem high (for battery consumption, having deleted the step to 125MHz) but apart from 1.1GHz there is a strong undervolt and therefore less power consumption!
Supported by the Conservative governor (which scale between especially the 2 middle steps when you do not need much power and stops at the first when not need!)
for those who want to roll to the original values and change only the last step (the highest) it's enough to delete the 71_overclock in the named folder and use the overclock app I included (and set it to boot of course)

By default both conservative and interactive are loaded at boot, but only conservative is applyed, with setcpu will be shown both, if you want the interactive at boot, see update-nosign.zip

I created simple update-nosign.zip to be applied through recovery (the GOT has miscellaneus option "apply update", do not remember in the openrecovery XD)
they have to be placed in the /SDCard/openrecovery/updates and I recommend NOT EXTRACT Leave Them in ZIP format!
So now we have
overclock650-update-nosign.zip <- simple overclock to 650MHz remains conservative and step and voltages are the ORIGINAL

overclock800-update-nosign.zip <- Overclocking to 800/600/250/125 all undervolted ! 56/50/30/22 the VSEL

overclock1000-update-nosign.zip <- Overclocked to 1000MHz with original stock VSEL! step change 1000/700/250/125 with VSEL 58/50/30/22

overclock1100-update-nosign.zip <- 1100MHz overclocking with VSEL 65 is ALREADY APPLIED BY DEFAULT VSEL step 1100/750/500/250 vsel 65/50/40/30 for those wishing to reapply it xD

NEW
I am attaching a few update to who wants a better battery life Indeed they are ULV (ultra low voltage) is not here the original VSEL xD here they are:

undervolt-550-ULV-update-nosign.zip -> no overclocking, only undervolting! (For those who really wants battery and not search performance) step 550/400/250/125 respectively VSEL 36 \ 32 \ 28 \ 16

overclock600-ULV-update-nosign.zip -> 600MHz overclock the same steps as before but with 600/38 VSEL

overclock700-ULV-update-nosign.zip -> 700MHz overclock the same step, but with 700 / 42 max as VSEL

overclock800-ULV-update-nosign.zip -> 800mhz overclock in steps 800/400/250/125 with 48/38/28/18 vsels

overclock900-ULV-update-nosign.zip -> 900MHz overclock step 900/650/400/250 with 50/40/30/26 VSEL

Dedicated to those who want performance and fuel economy: D (I have now abandoned the 1 1ghz in favor of this from 900: D)

For those who want the interactive ->
Interactive-to-boot

If you want to return to the conservative ->
Conservative-to-boot

They do their work flawlessy on MY rom (or ANY with overclock and/or governor script here before) IF you do it from a PLAIN rom (or a rom without overclock/governor) you'll have to set permission MANUALLY...
this is valid ONLY FOR OVERCLOCK/GOVERNOR, THE TEMES WILL WORK ON ANY 2.36

KERNEL TWEAK SCRIPT
This script allows you at boot (through the busybox's sysctl) to change some values of the kernel and the results??
Fluidity, speed and immediacy has increased significantly!
here is the script:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
sysctl -p
#
#Disable normalized sleeper
#
mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug
echo NO_NORMALIZED_SLEEPER > /sys/kernel/debug/sched_features
#
#  Memory management
#
/system/xbin/echo 2048 > /proc/sys/kernel/msgmni
/system/xbin/echo 64000 > /proc/sys/kernel/msgmax
/system/xbin/echo 268435456 > /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
/system/xbin/echo 500 512000 64 2048 > /proc/sys/kernel/sem
/system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_latency_ns=600000
/system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_min_granularity_ns=400000
/system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_wakeup_granularity_ns=400000
/system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_features=24188
/system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_compat_yield=1
/system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_shares_ratelimit=256000
/system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_child_runs_first=0
/system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.hung_task_timeout_secs=0
/system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.threads-max=5000
/system/xbin/sysctl -w kernel.sched_features=29
The benefits are immediate, since the common usage!
With this tweak we can also see the improvements in BENCHMARK:
QUADRANT-820 / 835 @ 1.1 ghz
The graphics performance will improve of about 6/7 fps in graphics tests in general, if you will notice now the fps are the same DroidX / 2! So now we have recovered in graphics performance of a generation gap (the score is now penalized from the better processor power in froyo)
NENAMARK-15.5 /16.5 fps
may not seem much (as DroidX/2 here does 21 fps), but the original is 13/13,5 so I had to point out the jump in performance!
I DO NOT BELIEVE in the bench ... they do not reflect real life, but in this case, help you understand how the tweak to kernel leads to a significant improvement of the graphical management, increasing performance

Remember to make a Nandroid backup before so if something goes wrong, everything can be restored

Changelog v3b
WidgetPicker MOD
New Overclock Module updated
Androidiani OpenREcovery support @boot
TWEAK KERNEL
new file APN
Updated system app
Google DSN fix
NEW XT720 Bootanimation
Bugfix
Single Dring bug
Lista APN updated
PatchMOD removed

WORKING ON:
2D lag ------> (workaround setcpu set in performance solves temporanely the problem!)

AND NOW ....

THEMES!

The themes will be applyed via update-nosign.zip, simplifying life A LOT, just apply the update, wait a while to boot and the theme is beautiful and ready! xD
The themes are those that I believe the most beautiful found around Androidlife.de and XDA, not many, just the original and other 6, but I hope you enjoy! Let me know if you want to see other subjects and apply them: D

Theme 1: BlackDroid --->% battery
Theme DroidX but in "dark" also includes apk for the completion of the theme (dealers, contacts etc) ADVICE adw + launcher theme! the effect is garanteed! (Although with launcher pro makes his slut figure: D)

BlackDroid-update-nosign.zip

here is a screenshot
screenshot1
sCreenshot2

Credits

Theme 2: Elegant Steel, a themed "brushed metal" style, bright and includes matching custom applications! ->% Battery

ElegantSteel-update-nosign.zip

Screenshots:
screenshot1
screenshot2

Credits

Theme 3: Simple DroidX theme! ->% Battery
Themed Droid2 / X, original, well-integrated with the android, no custom applications, just the framework and services.jar

DroidX-update-nosign.zip

Screenshot:
screenshot1

screenshot2

Theme 4: GalaxyS Theme
Could not miss one of the most beautiful and simple: the galaxy theme is a complete theme that involves pop-up icons load etc. etc., this version replaces LAUNCHER PRO WITH LAUNCHER TouchWiz, hope you like ^ _ ^

-update-galaxyS nosign.zip

Theme 5: flatblack Theme ->% battery
A very simplistic theme lol ... a black bar with percentages, transparent curtain and stop, a simple framework for non-res custom search extreme, but just fresh up the look ^ _ ^

flatblack-update-nosign.zip

Theme 6: Sense theme
NEW! completely new! With personalized system apps, widget skin! Personalized bootanimation! WORNDERFUL!

Download → Sense-update-nosign.zip

Credits

BACKUP!
For those wishing to go back:
Original-update-nosign.zip
WORKS ONLY FOR THE FRAMEWORK AND THE SERVICES, ANY THEME WITH CUSTOM APPLICATIONS, they will remain that way THEN MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP

BOOTANIMATIONS

So given that I fingerprint This Rom on extreme personalization (not only MINE but YOUR personalization!) I'll give you now all bootanimation I have xD and the most beautiful that I think, having already thought about this opportunity there is a small script included (already from v1 : p) that is just right for the situation ^ _ ^

The bootanimation I'm providing you are inside the folder with their name I recommend you: unzip the folder, NOT FURTHER Unzip, BOOTANIMATION.ZIP should remain so!

Put the file you want bootanimation.zip the root of sd (/ SDCard)
Open the terminal
ste and type two lines: D

Code:
su
switchba
DONE!!!
Easy you see?? XD

At nex reboot you'll see the bootanimation you've chosen! (Man I wasn't able to do easyer than that! LOL)

so here the bootanimations!
Bios.zip → The one of the First 2 releases
BrightDroid.zip-> Very Nice, simple but of effect! (a simple android with a light on the back that becomes stronger during the boot)
Droid2.zip-> original droid 2
DroidX.zip-> Original droid X
Droid-Does.zip-> The one that's on the rom by default, BEAUTIFUL! a Droid-Does that ends with the DroidX eye, IN BLUE!
htc.zip->we cannot let to miss nothing Original HTC queitly brilliant!

RESOLUTION HACK

This hack allows Android to Trick and make him believe we have a higher resolution screen now:

It can bring incompatibilities with older applications to. solve,go in spare parts, remove the "compatibility mode" and do a reboot, so everything will work perfectly!

Download this update.zip,will flash the new build.prop for the new resolution!

Resolution-hack-update-nosign.zip

(an amatorial estimation lol to me seems to emulate 1024x600 because seems to have space similar to the galaxy tab XD)

To who wants to undo the Resolution Hack ->
Resolution-restore-update-nosign.zip

Boys remember (then do not say I did not warn you xD) the hack is great because the screen really makes it much more capable of giving us information (quantitatively more) but it is also true that some applications may not react well despite the compatibility mode is off!
Simply because not all applications can support a resolution so high (like that emulated)

<<<UPDATE>>>
Recommend using this hack through the appropriate menu in ANDROIDIANI OPEN RECOVERY by ME and AZHAD: offers many different sets and does not want the flash of full build.prop but only the change of a line, I leave here the download for those unwilling to use the Recovery (RECOMMENDED TO USE FRO THIS ROM)

THX and Hope you like this ROM !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to 89luca89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 89luca89 Ad-Free

2nd September 2010, 03:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I really like to see another flavour of Rom available making it as fast and stable as possible Thanks for the post, i'll flash it now and see how it goes I've got high hopes for this Rom.
2nd September 2010, 03:45 AM |#3  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Terracina (LT)

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silico

I really like to see another flavour of Rom available making it as fast and stable as possible Thanks for the post, i'll flash it now and see how it goes I've got high hopes for this Rom.

thank you very much :)
let me know if there is any problem
2nd September 2010, 03:54 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sounds great, will give it a try.
One question though, since you put LauncherPro in /system/app, this means we can't update it through market, correct?
2nd September 2010, 04:00 AM |#5  
Flag Terracina (LT)

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesiroth

Sounds great, will give it a try.
One question though, since you put LauncherPro in /system/app, this means we can't update it through market, correct?

the market recognize it to me :)
if not you can simply reinstall it from the market, nothing happens (apart the fact that now the apk is in /data/app) and is surely recognized from the market
2nd September 2010, 04:05 AM |#6  

More
Because of the setup of this rom, do I need to use SetCpu to manage the cpu or will this rom and its modifications do it for me?

Sent from my Milestone using XDA App
2nd September 2010, 04:10 AM |#7  
Flag Terracina (LT)

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Because of the setup of this rom, do I need to use SetCpu to manage the cpu or will this rom and its modifications do it for me?

Sent from my Milestone using XDA App

You mean the frequencies or the governor?

both are set by default as 1100/750/500/250 conservative at boot set cpu may help you to see the temperature or the profiles, but the governor and the clock is automatic :)
I Don't use set cpu or any cpu controller indeed :)
2nd September 2010, 04:17 AM |#8  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89luca89

You mean the frequencies or the governor?

both are set by default as 1100/750/500/250 conservative at boot set cpu may help you to see the temperature or the profiles, but the governor and the clock is automatic :)
I Don't use set cpu or any cpu controller indeed :)

Thanks for the quick reply! Looks like I don't need to use anything then Loving the boot animation by the way

This ROM is mega fast also great work
2nd September 2010, 04:20 AM |#9  
Flag Terracina (LT)

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for the quick reply! Looks like I don't need to use anything then Loving the boot animation by the way

This ROM is mega fast also great work

thank you :)
this boot animation is soooo much retro xD i'm in love with it xD
2nd September 2010, 04:25 AM |#10  
Flag bandung
Thanks Meter: 18

More
how about battery life? i'm a bit concerned about this
2nd September 2010, 04:30 AM |#11  
Flag Terracina (LT)

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubutnux

how about battery life? i'm a bit concerned about this

I used a hig clock, but apart from the 1,1ghz state (wich can be changed with the overclock app) all values are undervolted and consumes less battery, and there is also the conservative governor loaded automatically :)

the battery life is good to me, 1 day use with normal use (15/18% left in the night) or 15\16 hours with intense use (like 5 hours browsing 3g, gaming and video), using a data toggle widget or a 2g\3g swithc the battery lasts for like 1,5 days TO ME

if 1,1ghz 65vsel is too mutch with the app you can set it to 1ghz 56 vsel wich is the original voltage, so it is sure that the battery will last longer
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
eclair, jit, milestone, overclock, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)