[ROM] 9/3/2010 | New Sprint OTA 3.28.651.1 | Stock, rooted, update.zip

Search This thread

flipzmode

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2009
geekfor.me
This is a stock (rooted) copy of the 3.28.651.1 OTA that Fresh Evo 3.2 is based on.

The only changes from stock are:
  • Made in to an update.zip format so that you can flash it, and an update script was created
  • Added superuser, busybox, apps2sd, and the necessary mods to the ramdisk to make them all work

Other than that it's untouched. This is so that others can use this same base for whatever purpose that they want. This is not any type of rom that I'll be maintaining or supporting, that's what Fresh Evo is. :)

Enjoy!

Download: http://geekfor.me/evo/22/stock-rooted-3-28-651-1

Cicatrize

Jul 14, 2007
So far having serious issues with data connection. On initial setup, it took 6 tries to get gmail account linked, and 3 tries with another e-mail account. Trying to access market now and it's taking an obscenely long time to load. First time I tried to access market the connection timed out.

Now searching for apps on market and connection keeps timing out. Guess I gotta go back to my 3.26 backup. :( Man I wanted better battery life.

Update: Finally got market to find Titanium Backup. It's downloaded 148KB in 5 minutes so far. lol

Last edited:

Darian89

Jun 21, 2010
So is there any changes from the donor version to the official released ver.

Edit: wrong thread...

Sent from my Fresh Evo

Cicatrize

Jul 14, 2007
Update again:

Looks like it might not be this update's fault. Just restored my nandroid backup and connection is still messed up. Sync is crapping out too.

Geekslayer

Jul 25, 2010
MN
data works fine for me, but the HTC twitter and weather apps are borked. twitter wont log in, tells me wrong username and password. weather wont locate off GPS

I haven't had any issues so far. I haven't tried logging into Twitter yet though, but I did receive an e-mail stating they were going to change the way apps
have to login, so maybe this has somethingto do with that?

ricoishere2

Jan 17, 2010
Charlotte
data works fine for me, but the HTC twitter and weather apps are borked. twitter wont log in, tells me wrong username and password. weather wont locate off GPS

The HTC twitter app crapped out on me yesterday with same error and I'm using a stock evo not rooted. I went and got another twitter app and all is well so I don't think this error has much to do with rom.

kast107

Jul 16, 2010
Chi
The HTC twitter app crapped out on me yesterday with same error and I'm using a stock evo not rooted. I went and got another twitter app and all is well so I don't think this error has much to do with rom.

Correct. Peep access to Twitter is a problem with the Peep software on ANY ROM, even on stock, non-rooted. HTC is working to address this problem.

Not sure about the other problems, though.

scolex89

Sep 5, 2009
thanks... i'll give it a try, what about weather with gps locator? any luck with that?

I haven't flashed the new rom yet, on stock deodexed and my weather gps hasn't updated since yesterday. I've been syncing it every so often since about 7pm last night when I got home from out of town. It still works fine for maps so I think it's a system wide problem for htc weather, like peep.

captblaze

Aug 11, 2007
Microsoft Surface Duo
Ok... downloaded from different link and didn't wipe before flashing and GPS weather works. First try did full wipe and had poor result. Now to test battery life.

btw... Twitter acknowledges issues with some 3rd party clients not working.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App