FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide] Drivers & RRU Errors Solved

828 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By btdag, Senior Member on 6th September 2010, 11:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This guide is for anyone having issues with their HTC Hero drivers. It is aimed at Windows users and the guide was performed on Windows 7 x64 but relevant to older systems with minor adjustments (use common sense).

Most of it will be pictures, i'll try to fill in the rest in future and give it some layout but for the most part this process is easier to see than describe. Very much a work in progress.

Note: Unplug your phone from your pc for these processes until told otherwise. Remove any version of HTC Sync prior to 2.0.33 before doing these processes.

Might Need Apps:

HTC Sync for Android v1.5
HTC Sync for Android v2.1
USB Deview

Remove Old Drivers:

1. Start USBDeview by running the exe in the zip file

2. Remove any drivers which read like the following:

3. Reboot your machine

Installing The Correct Drivers:

1. Install the latest version of HTC Sync (2.0.40 or 3.0.5422)

2. Reboot

3. Right Click on Computer in your start menu and choose "Manage"

4. Select Device Manager on the left hand side.

5. Plug your phone into the PC and let the drivers install (you should see changes in device manager in real time). Under "ADB Interface" you should now see "My HTC" as seen in the picture.

This is correct and you should move onto the "Bootloader Drivers" section below. If you don't see this then carry on.

6. Right click on whatever you get under "ADB Interface" and do the following:
- Choose Update Driver Software...

- Browse my computer for driver software

- Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

- Have Disk

- Browse

- C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\Win7_x64 (last folder may be different)

- Select "androidusb.inf"

- OK

- Next

- Finish

You should now have the correct HTC Hero drivers installed. Move onto bootloader drivers section.

Bootloader Drivers:

Note: assumes you have the latest version of HTC Sync installed prior to doing this and have followed the driver process above to arrive here.

1. Switch off your phone and then hold Volume Down when you press the Power On button (Vol Down + Power).

2. You should have a white screen with some coloured text and 3 android's on skateboards. This is bootloader mode.

3. Now plug your phone into your pc and watch device manager change (this can take a minute or two). If "ADB Interface" doesn't show up or you get an "Unknown Device" error (perfectly normal - i think) then press the Back button and wait a couple of minutes then press volume Down again. This switches to Fastboot mode and back to Bootloader mode. AFAIK the drivers are the same so you should be able to do this process in either mode. You should get the driver "HTC Bootloader" or similar in your device manager. You need to repeat the steps above to change that to My HTC instead.

4. Right click on whatever you get under "ADB Interface" and do the following:- - Choose Update Driver Software...

- Browse my computer for driver software

- Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

- Have Disk

- Browse

- C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\Win7_x64 (last folder may be different)
- Select "androidusb.inf"

- OK

- Next

- Finish

You should now have the correct HTC Hero bootloader drivers installed. This will allow you to correctly install a RRU from HTC.
The Following User Says Thank You to btdag For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift btdag Ad-Free

6th September 2010, 09:09 PM |#2  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Brilliant guide! I have added it to my sig!
7th September 2010, 10:42 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bournemouth
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Nice one, thanks
23rd December 2010, 06:59 PM |#4  
Flag Cardiff
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Wow this worked 100% installed perfectly :)
thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)