[Q] What the hell has happened?? - SOLVED

184 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By wingnutta, Senior Member on 6th September 2010, 01:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th September 2010, 02:36 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
So...the alternative is to have a not working phone. In any case, Unrevoked or not, you should give it a try if you don't have other solutions. But I suggest you to read a lot of threads before you proceed... many similar experiences could help you to understand the procedure.

6th September 2010, 02:39 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Leigh

More
Yeah agreed.. would rather a working phone.. I have been looking at the bricked threads but they are not so easy to understand.. Appreciate the help though..
6th September 2010, 03:00 PM |#13  
Flag Chester
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutta

Ok, i will lose root but will i be able to use the unrevoked method again??.. or am i completey screwed then as hboot will be too high etc...

I have put my goldcard in.. but just cant do anything

follow the hboot steps using the .zip file everthing will return to default so then you can use unrevoked to root you phone again #

Edit quoting this -
If you can get the Hboot screen, as extreme solution, just copy in your SDcard (root directory)the file PB99IMG.zip or similar (I have no brand phone, maybe O2 requires a different file).
Be carefull, because this method will reset completely your phone. You will loose Root, every data, and you'll come back to the original branded phone.
You can search for this file at:
http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Bravo/
Download the zip file corresponding to your version and rename it in PB99IMG.zip
Put this file in the root directory of your sdcard, start the device in Hboot mode and it should start automatically!
I hope this can help you.
If anyone more expert has a better solution, please help him :)
6th September 2010, 03:02 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Leigh

More
Ok, i am completely stuck now.. I think i can repair the phone but i just have no idea how. I have trawled through bricked threads..just cant find a solution.
I think if i could get usb debugging enabled unrevoked might just work.
Using the cmd tool i can use enableqxdm 0 and it says okay - however unrevoked still does not see it as neither does my pc!
I have no idea how to restore my nandroid without getting into recovery???
I am unsure weather to flash the PB99img.zip as i have a branded phone and i am worried i will completely brick it!

Just so so lost....

Heres a tip though - dont answer your phone when its on charge!!!!
6th September 2010, 03:04 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Leigh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshields

follow the hboot steps using the .zip file everthing will return to default so then you can use unrevoked to root you phone again #

Edit quoting this -
If you can get the Hboot screen, as extreme solution, just copy in your SDcard (root directory)the file PB99IMG.zip or similar (I have no brand phone, maybe O2 requires a different file).
Be carefull, because this method will reset completely your phone. You will loose Root, every data, and you'll come back to the original branded phone.
You can search for this file at:
http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Bravo/
Download the zip file corresponding to your version and rename it in PB99IMG.zip
Put this file in the root directory of your sdcard, start the device in Hboot mode and it should start automatically!
I hope this can help you.
If anyone more expert has a better solution, please help him :)

Can i use any of the PB99IMG.zips then as it was an o2 branded phone??? Or can i use the update.zip (is this the nandroid backup??) thats already on my sd card - have card reader so can mess about with that no probs..
I have just seen where it checks for the image afetr getting to Hboot so i understand what its looking for now... Question is what image do i use..

Really do appreciate all the help guys
6th September 2010, 03:32 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Leigh

More
Ok, i tried flashing one of the pb99img and i get a CID error (incorrect). It says this is because goldcard is not present but it is???? Is it because i am using a different standard rom to the one that was on the phone???
6th September 2010, 03:46 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Leigh

More
I give up for today - i gotta go to work. If i could get USB debugging to work i would probably be ok, but when i do the commands via cmd prompt it says okay but it doesnt seem to do anything!
My goldcard now seems like it doesnt want to be one, thus the cid error..

I am just going round in circles here..

Think i might just throw the damn thing out of a window - Its doing my head in!!!!!

All from answering the poxy phone whilst plugged in!!!!!
7th September 2010, 08:52 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Leigh

More
wow.. was hoping for a few replies.. guess no one has any ideas.. guess i am buggered then... ok so if i send the phone back to o2 - what is worse case scenario if they do see its flashed??.. will they just charge me for the fix or just not touch it at all??
7th September 2010, 09:42 AM |#19  
Kashyyyk, Galactic Empire
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:

wow.. was hoping for a few replies.. guess no one has any ideas.. guess i am buggered then... ok so if i send the phone back to o2 - what is worse case scenario if they do see its flashed??.. will they just charge me for the fix or just not touch it at all??

I would suggest you put your SD card in your computer and verify the content. Or even better, I hope you have a backup of your SD Card after you rooted your phone. I think your partition may have gone, so you can't boot up anymore. Try to format your sd card, partition it with Gpartition or whatever prog you have and copy back the content of your SD Crad back up on your newly formated SD card. It should do the trick. The same happened to me when I changed my 8gb SD Card for a 16gb one.

Good luck and let me know how it works (or not).

forelli, in Darth Sidious mode.
7th September 2010, 09:59 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Leigh

More
The sd card seems ok in a card reader? I did do a backup a while back but i have a spare sd card so i will try that? Would the sd card problem stop me going into recovery though??? I thought that was phone based and not sd card based??
7th September 2010, 10:03 AM |#21  
Kashyyyk, Galactic Empire
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:

The sd card seems ok in a card reader? I did do a backup a while back but i have a spare sd card so i will try that? Would the sd card problem stop me going into recovery though??? I thought that was phone based and not sd card based??

Your recovery is in your sd card (the rooted recovery), so if there is a SD card problem, your phone won't boot because he won't find the recovery update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)