FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Camera] [Mod] Armani + power button focusing + video recording

422 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By aleadam, Senior Member on 8th September 2010, 07:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Time for a big update to this post.

The andromeda roms have now a camera that not only uses the power button for taking stills, but also for video recording.

More interestingly, the power button in still images function now as the grey button on the display, i.e., one quick press takes a still as is, while a long press focuses until the key is released, and then takes the still.

The second mod required a change in android.policy.jar to prevent the power button long press to bring the power menu up. Thus, it will only work in the andromeda rom unless other rom developers decide to implement the change also.

You can find the diffs between the original armani camera app and this one attached here. For the actual app, please take a look at the andromeda page for the reason stated above.

I will explain the changes in posts below (20-23) so I don't clutter this one too much.
GlobalActions.smali is part of android.policy.jar, while the other three belong to the camera app.

BTW: This does not belong any more to Q&A. Dear Mods, would you please move the thread to a more suitable forum (apps or dev)?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aleadam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aleadam Ad-Free

19th September 2010, 06:39 AM |#2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 146

More
+1, how do I do this?
19th September 2010, 07:04 AM |#3  
Miami
Thanks Meter: 10

More
subscribed...
19th September 2010, 10:47 PM |#4  
Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same here... Any rom removes this?
26th September 2010, 07:51 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
subscribed... really, that is annoying...
1st January 2011, 04:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
If this helps in the search:

I installed dropbox, and noticed that dropbox now shows as one of the upload options. This suggests (to me) that there is a configuration file or database entry somewhere where this was added.

If we can find out where, there is a possibility of just removing the lockbox entry.

I doubt that its built into the app, they would want to sell this to different providers, and each will have (or not) its own version of the AT&T lockbox.

I did spend an hour or so this morning perusing databases, but didn't find anything.
3rd January 2011, 05:29 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Albany, NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipPeake

I installed dropbox, and noticed that dropbox now shows as one of the upload options. This suggests (to me) that there is a configuration file or database entry somewhere where this was added.

If we can find out where, there is a possibility of just removing the lockbox entry.

I doubt that its built into the app, they would want to sell this to different providers, and each will have (or not) its own version of the AT&T lockbox.

I did spend an hour or so this morning perusing databases, but didn't find anything.

Lol! I almost forgot about this thread already! So many roms now and I always saw that button that I learned to be careful

I just decompiled it and this is what I found:
Code:
$:~/android/apk_manager/out$ grep -i -r -n 'locker' *
res/values/strings.xml:271:    <string name="menu_qsend">Send to Online Locker</string>
smali/com/sec/android/app/camera/ReviewImage.smali:2346:.method public onSendToOnlineLocker()V
smali/com/sec/android/app/camera/ReviewImage$9.smali:57:    invoke-virtual {v0}, Lcom/sec/android/app/camera/ReviewImage;->onSendToOnlineLocker()V
$:~/android/apk_manager/out$ grep -i -r -n 'menu_qsend' *
res/values-it/strings.xml:261:    <string name="menu_qsend">Invia a Armadietto online</string>
res/values-de/strings.xml:261:    <string name="menu_qsend">Senden an Online-Schließfach</string>
res/values/public.xml:1563:    <public type="string" name="menu_qsend" id="0x7f07010c" />
res/values/strings.xml:271:    <string name="menu_qsend">Send to Online Locker</string>
res/values-fr/strings.xml:261:    <string name="menu_qsend">Envoyer à Casier en ligne</string>
res/values-es/strings.xml:261:    <string name="menu_qsend">Enviar a Bloqueo en línea</string>
res/values-ko/strings.xml:261:    <string name="menu_qsend">온라인 보관함으로 전송</string>
smali/com/sec/android/app/camera/R$string.smali:506:.field public static final menu_qsend:I = 0x7f07010c
I'll dig a little more into it
4th January 2011, 02:46 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Albany, NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipPeake

You made me look again into this

Check the first post
4th January 2011, 02:56 AM |#9  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,484

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleadam

You made me look again into this

Check the first post

On JPY, the Video says "Camera Failed" and exits the app. Pictures work fine.

EDIT: The stock camera app is doing that too... so it's not a problem with this.
4th January 2011, 03:12 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Albany, NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike01

On JPY, the Video says "Camera Failed" and exits the app. Pictures work fine.

EDIT: The stock camera app is doing that too... so it's not a problem with this.

I don't think it's a jpy problem. I just tested on Doc's rom and the video works fine. On glitterballs kernel in case it's important.
4th January 2011, 03:29 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
So what makes this different from the other modded camera.apk?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bloatware, captivate, online locker

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)