FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy 3 GT-i5800: root, gps fix, lagfix, upgrading (JPM/JPD fw)

153 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By slumpolo, Senior Member on 9th September 2010, 03:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th November 2010, 01:34 PM |#771  
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgunator

Again they mention in a recent tweet "we will roll out Froyo for the Apollo once the Galaxy S upgrade is complete."

What does it meants? December, I think, because Galaxy S upgrade ends this month

Posted by samsunghub on November 4, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Samsung has confirmed the release of the Froyo update for South Korean Galaxy S users. The update which was delayed previously due to optimization issues will be available from next week. Froyo is said to make Galaxy S’ application processing speed 2-5 times faster than the phone running Android 2.1.

so that means next week then galaxy s gets update we will get it to? or they just starts to optimize issiues on apollo?

sorry 4 language
5th November 2010, 01:40 PM |#772  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I now have another problem ... My phone is rooted (I can check it in the About my phone-screen, at the kernel info), but apps still don't recognize it and can't gain root acces? ROM Manager says it's missing files in the /system/... folders?

I do have the superacces app from the market installed though :/
5th November 2010, 01:42 PM |#773  
Flag Santander
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenixas

Posted by samsunghub on November 4, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Samsung has confirmed the release of the Froyo update for South Korean Galaxy S users. The update which was delayed previously due to optimization issues will be available from next week. Froyo is said to make Galaxy S’ application processing speed 2-5 times faster than the phone running Android 2.1.

so that means next week then galaxy s gets update we will get it to? or they just starts to optimize issiues on apollo?

sorry 4 language

They said "roll out"
5th November 2010, 03:49 PM |#775  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by precurse

Anybody else having this issue?

I tried hooking up my phone to Kies, but it doesn't prompt me to select "Kies" or other choices - USB Mass storage, etc..

Also, when I turn on Debugging mode, it doesn't tell me my phone's in debugging mode. Thus ADB doesn't work, and I can't get at any files on my phone.

I'd rather not do a factory reset if I can help it.

I have to quote myself, because I can't post link, but try this from my earlier post. It's better then factory reset:
Quote:

Anyway, after searching all over the internet, I found the way to get USB connection working again without hard reset. Try this:

1. Dial *#7284#. This should open app called PhoneUtil (there are other ways to get to it)

2. In USB section, swith it to Modem, then switch it back to PDA

3. Exit, and USB should work.

I think for some reason it stars working as USB Modem, because dmesg are same as when I manually switch it to Modem and leave it there. However, on PhoneUtil it doesn't show as Modem, it just behaves like one. Still, it can be forced back to normal PDA mode. Go figure.

5th November 2010, 04:24 PM |#776  

More
thnx dude !!! yr post was of gr8 help ...
5th November 2010, 07:54 PM |#777  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jup007

I have to quote myself, because I can't post link, but try this from my earlier post. It's better then factory reset:

Thanks. I remember reading that, but forgot how to do it. I ended up factory resetting it last night anyways. I wanted to try hacking some registry values to see if I could get Kies to update my firmware to European firmware - but it wouldn't work..

It was working with Kies earlier, but then stopped all of a sudden. Not sure why it would have jumped into Modem mode.
5th November 2010, 07:55 PM |#778  

More
Best firmware available? Anyone?
6th November 2010, 07:33 AM |#779  
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 12

More
To those who already have rooted their mobile,enabled live wallpaper still need internet via ad-hoc(from laptop)

extract wpa_supplicant in root.zip from rmagyar's post

people who need their mobile to use internet from laptop replace the wpa_supplicant file using root explorer in system/bin folder restart your mobile.now that it can see ad-hoc network but couldnt connect to it,struck in obtaining address thing....

First Configure it as a computer-to-computer (ad hoc) wireless connection, then press add in the wireless network window. Specify a network name (SSID) in the wireless network properties window and set it as open. If you want encryption for your wireless net work, please choose WEP and enter a pass key.Then clicks advanced and choose Ad-hoc for your WLAN network mode, and finish it. Please note you should enter the same SSID when you configure your mobile, or you will not be able to connect to the laptop.

Second, Configure your Wi-Fi mobile phone. In wifi settings add new wifi,enter a name and enter your SSID as your WLAN network name. Please note if your wireless network is open, you should choose open network for the WLAN security mode, otherwise you have to enter your WEP key as you entered above.

When this has been finished, go to the advanced settings. Choose IPv4 settings, specify the IP address as 192.168.0.3 or others other than your modem's ip and laptop's ip. And enter ip of your laptop as the default gateway. Now click on start, and choose RUN, enter CMD and click ok. Enter ipconfig/all when a CMD window appears, wirte down the primary and secondary DNS addresses of the network that connect to the internet. Now enter these DNS address in your mobiles IPv4 settings.

Third, Configure ICS. Right click on the Local Network or any network that connect you to the Internet, select properties and then advanced. Enable Internet connection sharing (ICS) and choose your WLAN network.Just confirm and finish it. Then your mobile phone will be able to connect to the Internet through your laptop.

thanks rmagyar
6th November 2010, 11:27 AM |#780  

More
flashing/installing roms
Hi to you all! I am just wondering if I can install/flash a Rom running HTC 'sense' (or some equivalent alternative) too! I find it very convenient. If yes,where can I find such a rom?
6th November 2010, 11:30 AM |#781  
Flag Constanta
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello, i just got my sister a i5800 today and it has XXJG7 firmware on it. She is happy with the phone, but i run JP6 on my SGS so i was bummed when i saw Froyo is not out for her model yet. So should i update the firmware to I5800XWJH3 ? What are the problems with I5800XWJI4 ?
Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
froyo, galaxy, i5800, i5801, live wallpapers, root, samsung

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)