So i coulden't wait and had to try out JPC firmware. Personally i didn't like it at all, so i went back to JM7. 1 thing i did not like is my product code changed from XEN to KOR.
And here is how to fix that easly:
I tested this on 2.1 cause i was on JM7 when i found this out, but this works with JPC/JPH also.
this fix is for those who do not have (correct) .bak files in the /efs/ directory!
- First make sure you are ROOT and install a Terminal Emulator (can be found in the market)
- Now open the Terminal, enter ''su'' to gain root access
- Enter: cp /efs/nv_data.bin /sdcard/
- Connect you're SGS to the usb and download ''nv_data.bin'' to your computer
- Open ''nv_data.bin'' with notepad or wordpad and search for ''KOR'' change this to the product code matching your country (red marked text should be changed). Im dutch, so mine is XEN. The line looks like this:
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿMP 0.800 ÿKOR GT-I9000HKDKOR
- Connect your SGS with usb, upload ''nv_data.bin'' to internal sdcard.
- Disconnect USB !
- Open Terminal Emulator and enter ''su''
- Now enter: cp /sdcard/nv_data.bin /efs/nv_data.bin
Also enter: rm -rf /efs/nv_data.bin.md5
- Close terminal, Reboot Phone. And Voila!!! Product Code restored!!
**IF YOUR SIMCARD DOESN'T WORK AFTER THIS, EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING**
- adb shell
- busybox chown 1001:1001 /efs/nv_data.bin
You can also do this from the Terminal Emulator if you don't have ADB on your PC! Like this:
-chown 1001:1001 /efs/nv_data.bin
I hope it's easy to follow my steps, it works guaranteed.
UPDATE - 13/09
Some people say you don't have to create a new md5, just remove the old one on the phone. kaffre and i tested this, the phone recreates the md5 file for you. So i've updated the steps in my tutorial, to make it even more easy!
UPDATE - 15/09
Simcard fix added. Thanks to tokinux