FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Solved] Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server

11,736 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,640

By AllGamer, Retired Forum Moderator on 11th September 2010, 01:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm running out of ideas on how to fix this bug...

When i try to Add a Google Account it gives me this error message.

"Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server"

The error is misleading as it has nothing to do with connections, i tried on 3G/H and WiFi, and simply because the phone sync just fine all the other google accounts in the phone, and can download/upload stuff without any connection error, Android Market and Apps Brain works fine as well.

before it was working fine i was able to add like 5+ accounts in there, i were able to delete and re-add accounts, but the last few days it has been unable to do that, due that error message.

but if i add the same account that worked, or those that failed on another SGS factory reset, then it works fine.

problem is.... i don't really want to re-install my 200+ apps in the phone....

I already tried wipe-ing the caches, it didn't help.

Any body else got a clue what else we can delete to reset the google accounts in the phone?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server.jpg
Views:	195465
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	399185  
The Following User Says Thank You to AllGamer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AllGamer Ad-Free

12th September 2010, 03:55 AM |#2  
OP Retired Forum Moderator

Donate to Me
More
no body have seen this before?
12th September 2010, 12:17 PM |#3  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Never had this problem but you can try to go to Settings> Applications > Manage Apps and find those from google and press clear cache and clear data
13th September 2010, 03:53 PM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exadeci

Never had this problem but you can try to go to Settings> Applications > Manage Apps and find those from google and press clear cache and clear data

i did mentioned, it has already been done on the original message and it still gets that error message.
13th September 2010, 04:33 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
i even tried this app

CacheCleaner
http://www.appbrain.com/app/org.lsartory.cachecleaner

it fixed up a lot of other stuff but not gmail accounts...
16th September 2010, 10:38 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Got the same problem...even tried a factory reset and it still won't let me sign into my google account on the market.

Doing my head in now.

Logicalstep
17th September 2010, 02:20 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I had that issue when I first tried to setup my account. I took out the SIM and just used WIFI to sign in and it worked.

Or you can try this:
Quote:

1. adb remount
2. adb shell
3. su
4. rm /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

I believe the above method will reset your home screens or something, so use at your own discretion. Details can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3477
The Following User Says Thank You to psychedelic'd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift psychedelic'd Ad-Free
17th September 2010, 03:02 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
ahh no, what that does is deletes

settings.db
from
com.android.providers.settings

it might work, but that will sucks as i'll have to reconfigure all the accounts again, doing that will delete all the accounts that are currently working.
17th September 2010, 03:09 PM |#9  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 28

More
the only time i had that issue i solved it by making sure that background data and auto-sync were checked in the general sync settings. without them being checked i could not add an account over wifi or cellular data. as soon as i checked those boxes i was back to normal
The Following User Says Thank You to hondaguy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hondaguy Ad-Free
17th September 2010, 03:24 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
all my 7 other accounts are checked to sync everything

i'm trying to add a new account but it's giving me that weird error

even if delete an exisiting working account and try to re-add it back, then it gives me the same error

it definitely might have to do with the settings file getting corrupted or something
17th September 2010, 07:44 PM |#11  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Have had the same problem and exact same messgae yesterday after I wiped my device. It wasnt until evening that I was able to log into my Google account and that was after doing another wipe form the phone settings instead of doing through the 3 button reset. Eveything works fine now but still can't understand why this happened.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)