Thank you very much
for posting this. This has been something bothering me since I got the device.
I have no idea how to use these tools, but I will figure them out.
EDIT: Figured it out. The steps worked! My taskbar is so clean and beautiful now!
Here are some VERY BASIC directions. Use at your own risk. They worked for me.
- Make a backup of your services.jar on your device (or alternatively make a nandroid backup): adb shell cp /system/framework/services.jar /system/framework/services.jar.bak
- Get services.jar from your device: adb pull /system/framework/services.jar .
- Extract classes.dex from services.jar
- Decompile the .dex file: java -jar baksmali.jar classes.dex -o outputdir
- Make desired edits to the files now in outputdir/
- Recompile the .dex file: java -Xmx512M -jar smali.jar outputdir/ -o classes.dex
- Add the new (modified) classes.dex file to the existing services.jar file (which is actually a zip file)
- Cross your fingers and push services.jar back to your device: adb push services.jar /system/framework/services.jar
- Reboot device: adb reboot