FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

High capacity battery?

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By jmreed97, Member on 11th September 2010, 05:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone find a high capacity battery they could recommend? Did you need a new back cover? If so where did you get it or did you just go without a back cover?

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

11th September 2010, 07:13 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-x-1500mAh-Batt...item4aa49471e3

I've seen these on ebay but haven't tried them yet.
11th September 2010, 09:56 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-x-1500mAh-Batt...item4aa49471e3

I've seen these on ebay but haven't tried them yet.

I was hoping to get a recommendation on one of the 2000mah batteries, but if I could win it cheaply, it'd be worth checking out. Maybe I'll buy one of those wall chargers too. I could easily carry the extra battery in my wallet.

Thanks!
12th September 2010, 02:18 AM |#4  

More
I never saw a 2000mah battery. I want to let you know, don't expect what you see in the picture. Those 1500mah ones are probably unbranded. It doesn't make a difference, as long as they work, I guess.
13th September 2010, 02:24 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s

I never saw a 2000mah battery. I want to let you know, don't expect what you see in the picture. Those 1500mah ones are probably unbranded. It doesn't make a difference, as long as they work, I guess.

Just won the auction and got them for 9.50 plus 4.99 shipping. The ones pictured appear unbranded as well. They don't say HTC. And if they aren't actually yellow, it doesn't matter. Until someone makes a clear back plate, no one will see.

Thanks again!!
Jake
13th September 2010, 02:32 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I'm a lil weary of those cheap non branded extended life batteries. If you go on amazon and read some of those reviews the users complain about this batteries not working after a certain amount of recharge cycles. The best off brand to trust has been seidio. Other than that just go oem. With a price that low it sounds like you could end up spending another $9.50 in a couple more months. Now, I love my ebay but that sounds too suspect.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
13th September 2010, 04:26 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Well I'll report back how they work...

13th September 2010, 10:46 PM |#8  

More
This is the seller's exact response when I asked him about returns.

'you can return it anytime if you done think the battery is what you exoected
but you will need to pay to ship it back
thank you'

I'm weary of buying them too, but he did say I can return 'anytime' and I plan on holding him to that word. If I get them, I'll test them with a voltmeter each week and ship them right back. Even if it's 6 months later haha.
18th September 2010, 06:03 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Well I got them already... They seem to last longer than the stock battery. Who knows if it will last, but they are good now.

Glad I made the purchase.

18th September 2010, 07:56 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
How much longer we talking about? Just a couple hours?
19th September 2010, 12:02 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
Yeah... Just a couple hours. I'm not saying it is significantly better than OEM. I'm just saying it will work great as a backup. I also got a wall charger so one battery will be kept in my wallet as a backup and I will charge them both each night.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)