***Edit- I cleaned up my post and attached a good PRL to use (42700) and "ConnectBot.apk". I also believe I have MMS sorted out. I'm gonna double check everything later tonight to make sure there's no issues and I'll update my post accordingly.
*Download and install Qpst. 2.7 build 355
*Download and install normal Epic 4g drivers.
*Cricket prl. (42700 PRL is what I recommend. I've attached it to my post)
*Your MSL.(I attached connectbot to my post in case you need it)
---Getting your MSL---
-If you know your MSL already you can skip this part and start at the "Getting started and setting up QPST".
1. Find and install "Connectbot" found in the market or at the bottom of my post.
2. Select the dropdown box on the bottom left that says "SSH", and choose "local". Put whatever you'd like in the nickname box and hit "enter".
3. Click on "Android".
4. Use the command "getprop ril.MSL" and hit "enter".
5. Your MSL should now be displayed.
...If that doesnt work...
1.Type "getprop" instead.
2. It should show a long list, scroll down to the section that starts with "ril".
3. You should see "ril.msl", the 6 digit MSL number will be after that.
---Getting started and setting up QPST---
1. Plug in your phone to your computer and when prompted to choose between "Charging, mass storage, or tethered modem", choose "Tethered modem", then choose "3g modem".
2. Open up QPST > "QPST Configuration". Click on the "Add new port" on the bottom right. Uncheck mark the "Show serial and USB ports only". In the box above it, you should see your phone connected and the corresponding COM port. Select it and the "Port" and "Port label" will autofill. Hit "Ok".
3. Open up QPST > Service programming. Select your phone in the "Select an active phone" box.
Click on "Read from phone" and enter your SPC when prompted.
***(Note: If you are having trouble with QPST recognizing your phone, instead of using the "Tethered modem" method when plugging in your phone, dial ##8778# and switch both the "UART" and "USB" options to "MODEM". QPST should then see your phone. Revert the "MODEM" option in the previous menu to "PDA" when done.)
1. You will first write a new prl to your phone. Cricket prl 42700 is preferred.
2. Click on the "Roam tab at the top.
3. Click on the "browse" button under "Preferred roaming" and locate the prl file you wish to write.
4. Click on "Write to phone".
5. Let QPST do it's thing and voila, your new PRL will be written to your phone.
1. Click the "M.IP" tab (may be "M.IPv6") and set "Mobile IP Behavior" as "MOB + Simp".
Select any profiles listed under "user profiles" and click edit. Do the following for all profiles:
Make sure that "profile enabled" is checked and enter in the following:
NAI: [email protected]
Tethered NAI: [email protected]
2. Change "home address", "primary ha", and "secondary HA" to all zeros.
3. On both "HA Shared" and "AAA Shared Secret, select the "enter text string" and type in the following password (all lower case): "cricket".
4. Click "Ok".
5. Set active user as "0".
6. Click "PPP Config".
7. Click the "Um" Button.
8. Under user ID enter: [email protected] as well as for tethered NAI. If a text box is black with red lines in it, click it and press ctrl + D. Enter "cricket" in the password box.
9.Click the "AN" Button and repeat the last step.
10. Click "write to phone"...After that, you should now have the 3g icon on your phone.
11. Last step to get internet and apps working, if you're already activated on cricket, is to call customer service and have them switch you to the 55 dollar Android plan.
*Please note: They have a 55 dollar "All-in" plan, as well as the $55 Android one. So make sure you're put on the right one. I've had most luck by asking to speak with the "Smartphone department" and then requesting them to have my equipment and plan changed.
**Thanks to anderdroid for testing Android plan with fascinate.
Hope this helps! PM me if you need a download link for QPST.