FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for the Epic 4g! Permament Method! FINAL! FIXED!

908 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,697

By noobnl, Recognized Developer on 14th September 2010, 04:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd November 2010, 05:30 PM |#461  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
bondo - how did you finally get it to work??

I AM NEEDING SERIOUS HELP WITH MY EPIC, I have rooted it with OneClick and removed a few stock apps. I still have the DI07 baseband. ClockWork is not working for me, though ROM Manager says it's my current recovery. I've tried the 3-finger boot, and it still takes me to stock recovery every time.

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? Should I do a DI18 stock recovery / root uninstall? Should I try a different Clockwork installer package/zip file? I feel that if I could just get CWM up and running, I could move forward with DI18/new kernel/new ROM updates. I'd like to backup my current ROM, install the DI18, re-root if necessary, and start re-building from there. OH, and I'm working on a Mac, NOT PC. Thanks!

4th November 2010, 08:20 PM |#462  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredzmd

Is there a ste-by-step tutorial on getting Clockwork Recovery onto my Epic 4G...Everytime I go threw the process of RunTryLast and RunTryFirst it gives me an error the Zimage fails..WHAT AM I DO WRONG!?! Please Help!

Same here :-/
4th November 2010, 09:19 PM |#463  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have never had success with RunTryFirst but I always run it first anyway. After it finishes I use RunTryLast and the process works every time. The only think that ever causes me problems is when I forget to enable USB Debugging first. If that is done and you run them in the right order then I suspect you have moment drivers conflicting or don't have the correct drivers installed for the device.
4th November 2010, 10:28 PM |#464  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyteris

bondo - how did you finally get it to work??

I AM NEEDING SERIOUS HELP WITH MY EPIC, I have rooted it with OneClick and removed a few stock apps. I still have the DI07 baseband. ClockWork is not working for me, though ROM Manager says it's my current recovery. I've tried the 3-finger boot, and it still takes me to stock recovery every time.

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? Should I do a DI18 stock recovery / root uninstall? Should I try a different Clockwork installer package/zip file? I feel that if I could just get CWM up and running, I could move forward with DI18/new kernel/new ROM updates. I'd like to backup my current ROM, install the DI18, re-root if necessary, and start re-building from there. OH, and I'm working on a Mac, NOT PC. Thanks!

I'm having the same problem.

It's gotta be something simple were missing.

UPDATE!!! I'm not 100% sure what I did but after several reboots and battery pulls and trying both RunFirst and TryLast I finally got it installed and working fine.
6th November 2010, 09:10 AM |#465  
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargsbeer

I'm having the same problem.

It's gotta be something simple were missing.

UPDATE!!! I'm not 100% sure what I did but after several reboots and battery pulls and trying both RunFirst and TryLast I finally got it installed and working fine.

I have the right drivers and I have ensured that it is USB debug. The Three Finger boot (volume down, camera, power) takes me to the stock booter each time.

What made the difference? Was it just random luck of the draw?
6th November 2010, 06:35 PM |#466  
Flag Ontario

More
Thumbs down Tried for hours; not working
Deleted see below.
7th November 2010, 03:50 AM |#467  
Flag Ontario

More
Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I managed to get it working.

Here are the step by step instructions:

1. Download the All in One. It seems to work better.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/500010/epic.aio.v1.13.zip

2. Back up everything (I used Titanium Backup Paid)

3. Using it, flash Andromeda Kernel (that way you are rooted; not sure if this step is needed, but it may be). Edit: I had difficulties installing Clockwork with the stock kernel, so I tried with this kernel and succeeded. You need to be rooted I think so that may be why.

4. Go into the stock boot (after starting, hold power, volume down, and camera)

5. Clear the cache.

6. Then reset to factory (this is why you needed to back up)

7. Now connect to USB with phone, ensure that USB debugging is on, and that you've got the right drivers. Now in the all in one, choose option 3 0 install clockwork.

8. It worked for me - your phone will reset, but it won't boot properly.

9. Go into the clockwork booter, now reset back to factory (note that the camera is the select button in clockwork). You haven't lost anything - as you reset right before flashing anyways.

10. Once you have reset, you are free to go! You can go back into stock ROM with andromeda, or flash something else via clockwork. I am testing syndicate right now.

I hope that this works for everyone. Good luck.

Edit: This was also done on Windows 7 x64. It seems that there have been driver issues on Windows 7. Vista and XP seem to be immune. If you are using Snow Leopard or a Linux distro, I believe that the steps should be the same.
7th November 2010, 03:55 AM |#468  
Recognized Developer
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 3,785

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauron0101

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I managed to get it working.

Here are the step by step instructions:

For what it's worth, my method is to Odin to stock DI18, download the One Click Clockwork flasher, turn on USB debugging, connect to PC, and use "run-try-last.bat". Works every time for me.
7th November 2010, 09:04 PM |#469  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Do I have to install this in order to use custom roms?
8th November 2010, 02:59 AM |#470  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 3

More
ok here is my issue im using a epic im rooted on my stock kernal when i attempt to install clockwork i get abd not recognized intenal and external. im using a 32 bit windows vista machine. it says wait 60 seconds then when u press any key it just closes out . please show what to download and instructions. cause im following all other instructions with no luck also debuggin is on and im not mounted. i did try mounted and unmounted as well please help thanks
8th November 2010, 03:06 AM |#471  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 57

Donate to Me
More
You did extract the .zip file to a folder right? You're not trying to run the .bat from the zip?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)