Disable leds between hard buttons

Search This thread

zorglub08

Aug 6, 2008
I tried screen filter but didn't like that it wasn't a permanent solution.
If you want the leds disables permanently, try the script solution, it works (2.1 and GB)

Disable the button leds automatically at every boot:

- Save the following as noled.sh somewhere on your SD card.
It's not my script, it's just the minimum you need for the button leds
Code:
#! /system/bin/busybox sh
DIR=$(cd /sys && find | grep brightness | cut -c 3- | cut -d : -f 1 | head -n 1)
LED=/sys/$DIR
LEDB=$LED:sled/brightness
echo 0 > $LEDB
chmod 00444 $LEDB
exit

- install script manager from Market, open it, browse to noled.sh, open it as script, check "run at boot" and "run as root", save.

sorry but i get this error :
cannot create device/plateform...../leds directory nonexistent
unable to chmod /sys/...: no such a file or directory

any idea ?

thanks

alpinejoe

Feb 12, 2011
Touch the power button to bring up lock screen(dont unlock).
Touch power button again, led's should turn off.

It doesn't seem to work here, when I press the power button again the leds turn back on.

Try with screen filter, it's working on my x10.

This doesn't seem to work either, all it does on my phone is make the screen darker.

Thanks for trying to help though, but I suppose I'll just carry on covering the buttons with tape for now.

zorglub08

Aug 6, 2008
Sorry, I forgot to mention you had to save the file with the Unix end of line style.

I edited the post, get the attached noled.zip file, there's no reason it wouldn't work now!

Reactions: alpinejoe

Frosty666

May 10, 2011
Perth
Placing the noled script in init.d with the correct name also works. No need for script manager.

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App

Anseldor

Aug 29, 2010
I tried the script solution with unrooted 2.1 ... but doesn't seem to work.

I imagine that "run as root" , also implies that I need to root my phone.
OR, that this solution only works for 2.3.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

zorglub08

Aug 6, 2008
Placing the noled script in init.d with the correct name also works. No need for script manager.
Indeed, I updated the post with steps for the init.d way, although less advanced users may still prefer the comfort of a GUI.

@Anseldor, absolutely, to run as root you need root. It works on 2.1 and 2.3. Rooting 2.1 is as easy as launching Flashtool on your computer, but if you have a X10 try installing WB-XPERIA TW Gingerbread V3, it's the stock 2.3, pre-rooted, optimized, and with a few extras ported from Arc. The latest version as of today (V3+Speedfix3.1) is very fast and stable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anseldor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screen filter has an option to disable hardware backlights, have a look in the market. Works great for me

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
    Disable the button leds automatically at every boot (not my script)
    *root needed, works on 2.1 and 2.3*

Edit: Thanks to Adolf1994 for the original script!

New: xRecovery solution, but doesn't work for all roms.
    xRecovery Button Leds Switch

Universal solution, only requires root:
    - copy noled.sh somewhere on your SD card.
    (important: use Unix end of line, if you don't know how to do that download the file attached to this post)
    - install Script Manager from Market, open it, browse to noled.sh, open it, check "run at boot" and "run as root", and don't forget to click Save.

(use Unix end of line)
    Code:
    #! /system/bin/busybox sh
    DIR=$(cd /sys && find | grep brightness | cut -c 3- | cut -d : -f 1 | head -n 1)
    LED=/sys/$DIR
    LEDB=$LED:sled/brightness
    echo 0 > $LEDB
    chmod 00444 $LEDB
    exit

/etc/init.d solution, but doesn't work for all roms.
    - explorer with root capabilities needed, for GB users you can download Estrongs File Explorer from the market, open it, open the settings and check the two root options
    - copy noled.sh to /etc/init.d and optionally rename it to 50-nobuttonleds or **-nobuttonleds where ** is a number between 00 and 99 that is not used by another script in the folder
    - reboot, if you still see the button leds:
    - add this line to /etc/install-recovery.sh (check first if busybox is in xbin or bin):
    /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
    or
    /system/bin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
    and try again
    Touch the power button to bring up lock screen(dont unlock).
    Touch power button again, led's should turn off.
    I use my phone for astronomy and the white leds destroy my night vision so being able to turn them off really would be useful.

Try with screen filter, it's working on my x10.
    Sorry, I forgot to mention you had to save the file with the Unix end of line style.

I edited the post, get the attached noled.zip file, there's no reason it wouldn't work now!