[Q] is there a download file size limit?

Search This thread

gecko01

Sep 30, 2008
Hey guys, I'm new here so I hope i am asking this in the correct forum.
I have an att Expo with stock Rom, win 6.5 and I am trying to download a large file for the internet.
The file is about 76mb. I have about 30mb free on the phone and I have a 2 gb memory card the is empty.
When I try downloading it directly to the memory card it gets about half way through (Im guessing about 30 mb into it) and then gives me a error message about running out of memory. ''You are criticaly low on Memory'' or something.
My question is, To download this file do I need 76 mb of space on the handset so that it can then be transfered to the memory card after download? if so then Is there a way to download directly to the memory card without using device storage?

Thanks guys, you rock!

josefcrist

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 5, 2008
Logan, UT
www.acetylated.com
I am pretty sure that you are running out of ram when you download the file; I could be wrong though? also why dont you just connect your expo to your pc and get the file that way?

gecko01

Sep 30, 2008
I actually needed the file while I was at work and I did not have a computer handy. But I was able to get the file using Pocket Downloader freeware. It downloads it directly to the sd card regardless of ram size.

ppc-download-pocket-downloader.html

from freewarepocketpc dot net

Thanks for the reply.

All you guys still rock.