This is an APK (Normal Android App) that will install an EXT2 lag fix for you.
The APK itself can support a number of different lag fixes. It currently has the old OCLF V1 fix, which uses symlinks, and it now also has a new V2 fix which uses bind mounts.
This is in a new thead, as the old thread is very very long, and this is now version 2.
New features of the OCLF2+ lagfix vs OCLF1+
- Bind mounts are faster and require less O/S overhead than symlinks, making this fix smoother in everyday use.
- The bind mount allows for Android to report the correct free space available.
- If something goes wrong at boot, and the bind mount does not initialize, you will boot up to a copy of your data from before the lagfix was applied. This makes V2 safer than V1. (copying /system/bin/playlogosnow onto /system/bin/playlogos1 will effectively restore your device to how it was before you applied the lagfix. There is also an undo option, which will copy all of your changed data back to RFS before restoring.)
- As a bonus, an option to set the wifi screen off timeout is included.
How to use this:
Copy over the APK file onto your phone, and run/install it as normal using 'My Files'. There will be a 'One Click Lag Fix' app installed. Run that, and select the option you want!
The app will automatically kill all running tasks, and enable flight mode. You should probably not use the device while the lag fix is running. If you accidentally hit back or home by mistake, re-enter the app and re-select the lag fix. It should still be running.
Known issues in 2.0.0
Some devices with heavy carrier customization cannot install EXT2 Tools. Fix should be in the next version, if possible.
On Froyo (Android 2.2) this lag fix will refuse to install if the apps2sd feature is in use. The error you will see if Apps2SD is in use on installation will be that the loopback cannot be mounted.
Workaround: In order to install the lagfix on froyo, you will need to set each app that is on the external SD back to regular. Once the lagfix is installed, you can move apps back to the SD.
Fix should be included in the next version, if possible.
If you use up more space inside the EXT2 than is available outside the EXT2, you will have to remove apps/delete data until you have enough space to copy your data back when you want to uninstall. To help avoid this, don't set the space bar all the way on the far right.
Supported Devices And Firmwares
Root support is available for:
- I9000 Galaxy S on Android 2.1
- Captivate on Android 2.1
- Vibrant on Android 2.1
Other devices / Android versions will have to use a different method to root
Lagfix support is available for:
- I9000 Galaxy S on All Firmwares
- Captivate on All Firmwares
- Vibrant on All Firmwares
- Fascinate on All Firmwares
2.0.1 - 2.0.4 Changelog
- Fixed WifiTimeout option to work on Froyo
- Fix for OCLFV1 undo.
- Sync is called before bind-mounting, to ensure no data is lost.
- Fix for APPS2SD error (loopback can't be linked error)
- Fixed WifiTimeout to work on strange firmwares without a system.system
+ Lagfix V2+ has been updated to V2.1+ which features enhanced data security
In order to install it, you must first undo V2 using the option, and then install V2.1+ as usual
- Fixed WifiTimeout to now correctly require EXT2 Tools
- Fixed Cleanup option to now correctly clean up the V2 lagfix as well as V1
- EXT2 Tools will now remount /system as read-write
- Changelog included in app for market users
- Fixed 'Restore Bootlogo' option to work correctly when V2 lagfix is installed.
- Fixed 'Restore Bootlogo' option to restore the froyo bootlogo if running froyo.
+ Lagfix updated to V2.2+ which contains:
- Fix for new Vibrant, and I9000 JJ1 firmware.
- Fix for the timezone issue.
~ To Install V2.2+, use the undo V2 function, and then re-do with V2.2+
+ Kernel Installer (ALPHA) that allows you to easily flash a kernel to your device
- Fix for menu->help button opening kernels page.
- Minfree now shows current settings
- Set scheduler now shows current settings
- Set scheduler now has an option to apply tweaks from hardcore on XDA forums
- Text cleanup
- Fix for occasional crash on fetching kernel manifest
- Galaxy Tab Support
- Fix for installing with APPS2SD active
- Fix for set-on-boot for minfree and scheduler/tweaks
- Bug fixes for occasional 'Broken Pipe', as well as related failure to copy boot up scripts.
- z4root option added, which opens the market to the z4root app.
- update.zip root option now downloads update.zip instead of having it included.
- Fix for typo in cleanup option, it should now work correctly
Froyo's recovery mode is locked down, so you can't root it from your device.
However, you can use this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682
Since a lot of people have been asking, I set up a paypal account and got a donate link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted
Feel free to donate if you want, but I'm happy if you don't donate too.