Update: see the complete wiki here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...ecovery_Images
This applies to some latest N1 stock models as such:
MODEL: Nexus One (SLCD version)
WHAT YOU WILL GET :
- Root without unlocking your bootloader
- Successfully Install Recovery
- Successfully Install CM6
WARNING: This method worked for me, It should work for you in the same conditions. If you intend to install a moded rom over your stock N1 , you are supposed to know what you 're doing. I can't be held responsable if you brick (not likely) your phone, break-up with your lover or witness a nuclear explosion.
----- Since I'm a new subscriber, ALL links in the guide don't work , just paste them in your browser -------
A- Root your phoneGet latest Universal Androot from (blog.23corner.com/tag/universalandroot/) install the app and follow the instructions.
This has the benefit of rooting your device without unlocking your bootloader and thus NOT voiding your warranty.
B- Install Recovery.Since you got an S-LCD device you can't use the default Clockwork Recovery (for example if you install Rom Manager). If you do you'll end up with a black screen when rebooting into recovery and will not be able to go on to proceed to flashing the Rom.
You need to get Amon_RA Recovery v188.8.131.52 (I think v184.108.40.206 also works)
you can get it here : (alternate-coding.com/recovery-RA-nexus-v220.127.116.11-aw.img)
Since you didn't unlock the bootloader I believe you can't use the fastboot commands to flash the recovery, so it's a bit tricky but you have to install it with another method :
First you need to have Adb installed in your computer.
follow this guide: (forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=690362)
First save the file flash_image (get it here benocharm.lensworks.org/flash_image) to the root of you SD card
1) also put the recovery-RA-nexus-v18.104.22.168-aw.img to the root of your SD:
- next unmount the SD put keep your phone connected to the USB
2) Open a terminal prompt (if you do Windows type "CMD") and navigate to your adb "Tools" folder, type "adb shell" and hit Enter (don't write the quotes "" from now on)
3) On the terminal write "su" and hit enter
- Caution: At this point your phone should ask you permission to use the SuperUser app (if it does not you have to allow it specifically)
- Now on your terminal window the "$" symbol should change to a "#"
4) Still on the terminal, write "mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system" and hit Enter
5) on the terminal, write "cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image" and hit Enter
6) on the terminal, write "chmod 775 /system/bin/flash_image" and hit Enter
7) on the terminal, write "flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-nexus-v22.214.171.124-aw.img" and hit Enter
8) on the terminal, write "rm /system/etc/install-recovery.sh" and hit Enter
9) on the terminal, write "rm /system/recovery-from-boot.p" and hit Enter
10) Next: type exit + Enter till you get out of Terminal
You'll find that maybe steps 8 and 9 give you an error because the files don't exist, so don't worry anyways.
Now you should be set,
next, reboot the phone holding the Power button on + volume down and go into
recovery to see if anything went OK.
C- install CM6Get yourself the latest Cyanogen ROM.
Since your phone has got HBOOT 0.35.0017, if you try to flash CM6 from recovery, it will give you an error and fail.
This is because the update script of CM6 checks for HBOOT 0.33.0012 and fails.
Some people have got a way around this by reverting phone to HBOOT 0.33, (just do a search in this forum if you need this) but personally I prefer a less "destructive" and simplier method.
What you need to do is to get winrar, or another zip/compress tool and unzip the rom.
Navigate to folder "META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script" and open "updater-script" with your favorite text editor.
What you need to do is to comment 3 lines of it:
Almost in the beginning of the script look for this part :
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "passion" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "passion" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "passion"); assert(getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.33.2012" || getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.33.0012"); ui_print(" "); ui_print(" "); ui_print(" ");
You need to change it so that it goes like this.
# assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "passion" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "passion" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "passion"); # assert(getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.33.2012" || # getprop("ro.bootloader") == "0.33.0012"); ui_print(" "); ui_print(" "); ui_print(" ");
Now repack the rom (CAUTION: if you did unzip it don't zip the resulting folder, just zip ALL the files IN IT, otherwise it will give you an error later)
Next copy the Rom to the root of you phone SD card.
Now reboot into Recovery and flash your Rom.
Welcome to CM6 !!
I hope this will help someone.
Please keep in mind I'm by no means a specialist, and that there are maybe other (better) ways to achieve this (I didn't find them). Also my knowledge of Android is very limited so I won't probably be able to help you if you run into problems following this how-to. I repeat, I did it and worked ok for me.
I will be happy that some of you maybe correct or contribute to what I have exposed if you fell like it.