FORUMS

[SOLVED]Incoming diverted call notification

5,129 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,584

By Rapier, Recognized Contributor on 20th September 2010, 05:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'd like to bring again into attention this lack of functionality of both Android and WinMo devices.

As far as I know, with the exception of Nokia and some Sony-Ericson devices, no others notify about receiving a call made on a diverted phone.

That is, if I have 2 numbers (A and B) and A is diverted to B, if I receive a call on A I don't see a "diverted" icon (or sign of any kind) on the phone with number B.

Still no solution or software for this?

P.S. Also when you call somebody and you are waiting on line (the other party has "call waiting" activated), there is no "waiting" sign to notify you.
21st September 2010, 07:08 PM |#2  
Flag Zadar
Thanks Meter: 57

More
This call waiting issue is also present on iPhone. I don't understand why these two functions are not present in smartphones (except Nokia Symbian) and at the same time the cheapest dumb phones have them
21st September 2010, 08:07 PM |#3  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Actually, call waiting works for me. Whenever I am on a call and someone else calls, I hear a beep and I can see on the screen that I have another call. If I don't answer, the other call stays in my call history as an unanswered call.

About the first issue, I wondered about that too. I had a really dumb Sony Ericsson phone which supported this feature.

P.S. I misread your call waiting issue... Whenever I call someone who has call waiting I get a beep that tells me I am waiting... However, as far as I know this is an operator feature. On another operator a voice actually tells you to wait because the other party is talking.
22nd September 2010, 10:57 AM |#4  
Flag Zadar
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sveon

However, as far as I know this is an operator feature.

I didn't switch to another operator, I just switched from Nokia E66 to iPhone and later to Legend when I lost that feature.
27th September 2010, 09:40 AM |#5  

More
i get another issu too !!
and am sure you all get it ..

in (smart) dumb phones when i call my manager (and my manager is already talking in a call with his wife for example) it gives me different call sound tone, to notify me he is in a call so i stop calling and wait to call again later ...

in (stupid) smart phones, Windows Mobile and Legend !
if i call my manager and he is already in a call, i never hear anything to notify me! so i dont stop my call , and it really seems so stupid and disturbing from me sometimes !

the reason is what ?
i dont really know ....
is it that much hard to put these simple options ?
4th October 2010, 12:56 AM |#6  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 16

More
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11026

... suggests that the functionality is within the stock Android dialler, but not in the HTC dialler. Use a ROM that allows you to install the standard dialler and use that by default?
17th October 2010, 08:41 AM |#7  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sveon

Actually, call waiting works for me. Whenever I am on a call and someone else calls, I hear a beep and I can see on the screen that I have another call. If I don't answer, the other call stays in my call history as an unanswered call...

I was talking about "call waiting" notification when you are calling someone that has call waiting function, not when you are the one that is called and you're notified about a second incoming call. biomy explained better the idea that I was talking about.

And no, there is not about the operator. You can have a nokia on any carrier, it'll work the same. It's just the way the phone or it's software decodes the incoming call signal. As this is received by all phones the same, I presume any phone/software can decode it in the same way nokia is doing if it has this implemented. As far as I know though, there is no application on the market (paid or free) that does this simple thing. I'm sure most of us will even pay for it.
24th October 2010, 01:02 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Same here.. All calls from my boss diverted to my number if he didn`t pick up phone in 10 seconds.. My old Nokia 6233 show green arrow for diverted calls, but no any notification about it with my Samsug Galaxy Spica and Samsung Galaxy S.
5th January 2011, 01:48 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_bember

Same here.. All calls from my boss diverted to my number if he didn`t pick up phone in 10 seconds.. My old Nokia 6233 show green arrow for diverted calls, but no any notification about it with my Samsug Galaxy Spica and Samsung Galaxy S.

Any updates on this please?

I have the same issue. No diverted call icon when an incoming call which has been diverted comes through
6th January 2011, 06:39 AM |#10  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bucharest

Donate to Me
More
No update...seems like nobody has found a solution to it. Still waiting, pity we don't have such thing

Maybe we're not so many that needs this, in order for someone to start looking and develop something. My hope is that a developer will need this feature at some time and he'll start doing it. (or we should find a Nokia with Android )
10th April 2011, 08:28 AM |#11  
Flag Lancashire
Thanks Meter: 72

More
If some android phones have the diverted call notification (galaxy s on 2.1) can the code be ported to other devices?
I divert calls from my work phone to my personal mobile, and really need to be able to tell when I'm receiving a diverted call from my work number
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)