Note: 1.0.1 is the same as 1.0 except using older kernel to prevent blue screens and other startup issues.
This is a brand new build. I have based it on the official HTC EVO rom and tweaked it for the HD2. The rootfs will create a 1GB data image.
The EVO base is friendlier to the non-trackball phones.
Important note: after booting Haret you will notice strange lines on the screen. This is normal, be patient and it will boot. Also, you will probably need to manually enter your APN information for MMS/Mobile Data to work.
Instructions on APN settings:
1. Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
2. Push 'Windows' button, choose 'New APN'
3. Enter all relevant information for your specific provider, you can likely google it.
4. When everything is entered, push 'Windows' key again, then 'Save'.
5. Push on the radius button next to the new APN you created, it should turn green.
What's Added that you won't get in my other build:
- EVO keyboard with directional buttons
- Proper HTC camera interface with working previews
- Additional downloadable sense Widgets are working
- Ringtones, notifications, etc. work without additional media folder (no more ringtones with your music!!)
What is working:
- Louder sound over speakerphone and headset
- Very stable and fast internet over PPP. Hard freezes are completely eliminated
- Light sensor
- Touchscreen/Gsensor Freezes Eliminated
- Bluetooth Streaming Media/Phone
- Wifi/USB tethering
- USB transfers
- EDGE/3G/HSDPA Internet
- Camera (flash is buggy)
- Standard Definition Camcorder w/flash
- LED Keypad Lights and Charging Indicator
- No more green line in HQ YouTube
- All other items working on other builds, too many to list
- The camera flash is premature causing dark photos in low light
- You may need to enter a manual DNS address when using WIFI tethering
- There are menu items for 4G. The hardware doesn't support 4G, they will fail.
- Notification led is flaky, works at times, not at others. Don't rely on it.
- Use SetCPU for better battery life.
- Turn off live wallpaper for better performance and battery life.
- I have included a Task Manager. Learn to use it religiously to improve battery life.
- CPU scaling is enable by default without SetCPU. This kernel cannot be overclocked.
- I have included Astro File Manager as well as a Task Killer.
- Unzip the contents to your SD card. All of the files should extract into a folder named "Android".
- Use an autoloader or, in Windows Mobile, browse to the Android folder on your SD card and run CLRCAD.exe, then Haret.exe.
- Let Android boot. The first boot is always the longest and larger data sizes require longer times.
- Enjoy Android.
If you don't have any ringtones or notifications, download this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZZBUXPK2
Unzip it into your Android folder.
Kernel Sources (note: nothing below is required for you to run Android. Everything listed here is already included in the download).
The latest kernels and modules can always be found here: http://oe.netripper.com/files/htcleo...uild_evo_tree/
The autobuild dated 20.9 was used in this build.
Thanks to all of the devs working on kernel - Cotulla, dcordes, gauner1986, markinus, ElBartoME, etc. Also, thanks to Darkstone, Cass, and many others for their great support.
Also, thanks to all the folks on #htc-linux and #htc-linux-chat!
As always, donations are appreciated but not required.