Hastarin#4.1 - Kindly built & optimized by hastarin (Check his thread for changelog and source code)
This is based on the latest Over The Air (OTA) Update for the HTC EVO. Thanks to phiredrop, mdeejay and mattc (1st EVO based builds I learned from) & myn for the Stock EVO OTA Update
First Boot Notes:
* First Boot will take about 20 minutes (or seem like it or longer) as the data.img is being unpacked.
* New EVO kernel uses the logo.rle in the initrd.gz (Black HTC Splash) that stays on while the Build "does its thing in the background"
* During setup, you may see that the "phone process" Force Closes (FC's) as a result of APN's now being Set during initial Setup
* If you rename the Buildfolder Android or anything else, DON'T FORGET TO CHANGE THE startup.txt OR ELSE you will not be able to boot properly.
If you don't like Sense, Feel Free to try my CM6 Based Build... The HyperDroid which can be found right HERE!
* Interactive and Powersave schedulers (Thanks to Hastarin)
* Perflock disabled (for underclocking via SetCPU) (Thanks to Hastarin)
* Market Fixed
* No Boot Sound
* Cool Blue Droid Eye to match the Rest of the Theme
* MattedBlues by Jabbawalkee Themed
Note: Due to its Bleeding Edge Nature, Some stuff may not work as you might expect. Please follow the Bug Reporting Process I outlined on the thread. Just to be sure, here it is right here: How To File a Bug Report with Logcat: Install android sdk Install drivers for adb on PC connect phone to PC open cmd.exe type 'adb logcat' without the quotes start the app that causes the issues wait for the app to close or get to the error copy logcat contents and put in pastebin copy pastebin links here OR Install "alogcat" from Market Run it to get log until your Issue pops up copy logcat contents and put in pastebin copy pastebin links here Before filing a bug report, please consider the answer to these: 1. Is the bug reproducible? 2. How do you reproduce it? 3. What is the expected behavior? 4. What actually happens? 5. Do you have a Task Killer running? 6. Are you on the default Kernel? 7. Did you restore using Titanium Backup? Info Needed: 1. Are you using the default kernel? Y or N 2. If using a custom kernel are you loading the correct bcm4329.ko and tun.ko? Y or N 3. Are you using a fresh data.img created by the system on 1st boot? Y or N 3. Are you using the default Build Folder Name that came with your version? Y or N
- Fixed 3G APN's now set on 1st boot (Huge Shout Out to mdeejay, phiredrop and hastarin for helping me out here!)
- Added some Important Utilities like Term, GScript, etc.
- 240 set as default DPI
- ReadMeOrWeepInWinMoMisery Included
- Updated liblights latest fix by gauner1986
- Added Languages (Thanks for the tip mdeejay)
- 1st Sense Build
- Fully Themed using MattedBlues + Matte Gray
- Using Hastarin#4.1 kernel as default
- Updated Maps
- Updated Street
- Updated Gmail
- Included Gallery3D
- Other tweaks and fixes
- Only English & Spanish languages Supported
Tips & Tricks:
Everything may not initialize properly on first boot. Reboot twice after the first successful boot. Use all the defaults (including build folder name and kernel) before changing anything. On First Boot, Install then Open Spare Parts and Disable Compatibility Mode to get Full Screen Apps in Older Apps that don't scale Fully Charge while Device is Off before first boot, then upon first boot go to terminal and enter these (without the quotes) and press enter after every line. su rm /data/system/batterystats.bin Ensure that Keypad Lights are on when Haret is launched.
To fix dialer from adding 011 every time a "+" precedes a number dialed, please refer to this.
Please read through the instructions on fixing the 011 bug... Its Right ABOVE THIS Sentence.
To get data working:
1. Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names
2. Press the menu button and choose "New APN"
3. Enter your provider-specific information (Google for CyanogenMod APN as they have a whole list there)
4. Press menu and select "Save"
5. Press the radius button next to your new APN and you're good to go!
*Note: Data is quite picky on this build as its originally a 4G ROM and CDMA... If it doesn't work for you, then hopefully the next update fixes it.
The 3 Hyper Rules:
Rule#1 Please read & follow Instructions before reporting unknown bugs on the thread (Known Issues will not be responded to... If you're smart enough to load Android on your HD2, you're smart enough to search and read the stickied information) and not by PM... PM's will be ignored
Rule#2 If It can fixed, I will do my best to fix It... No Promises...
Rule#3 The Next Build will be released when its ready... No ETA's
Please Follow the Instructions:
1. Please read the OP... this serves as the README for this 1st build... next builds will have it included in the Zip.
2. Please Copy the HyperDroidSense Folder to the root of your SD card.
3. Run clrcad (to enable sound) THEN run haret (which will close the WinMo kernel and load Android).(OR do it Automatically by Using Exceller's Android Loader, which I highly recommend and use myself to Quad-Boot)
3. Wait about 15-20 minutes for the device to initialize
You want to use another Android loader? Simply rename the folder to Android and change the startup.txt to reflect the change... after booting successfully for the 1st time and letting the device "simmer" (e.g. "rel_path=Android")
* Backup the data.img that comes with the build as creating a new data.img is NOT recommended
* If some apps don't look the way they should, download LCD Density app from market and change to default 240.
* The Blue Wallpaper may not be set by default... Go into /system/customize/resources and copy SPC_Wallpaper and set as Wallpaper using Astro
What's TESTED & working:
USB Transfers (surprised it worked myself)
G-Sensor (Goodbye Freezing on PPP)
PPP Data (3G + HSDPA)
LED Lights Notifications
What's NOT working:
EVOCamera Flash (kernel support is being looked into) turns pics with flash Black
Native Android Camcorder Crashes (Use EVO Camcorder instead)
4G and Sprint Specific Menus will NOT Work
Data (Out of the Box) does not work UNTIL you Manually enter your APN
Enabling and Disabling the Mobile Data Crashes the com.android.phone process (most probable cause is the CDMA origins of EVO builds)
Don't complain in the thread why any of the 5 things above don't work since its on the OP.
What could be working but has not been Tested:
MMS (Since I use WiFi only, I'm not able to test MMS Properly)
Wi-Fi Tethering (ditto)
USB Tethering (ditto)
by Clicking the links below!
CLICK ME to Download NOW!
CLICK ME to Download NOW!
About this Build/Release:
In the spirit of the open source community, allow me to share and give back to something I enjoy participating in--- Tweaking my Gadgets to Death... yes, to death...
I am not a developer nor do I aim to be called as such. I believe this should be reserved for the real people who do the work behind the scenes and in the trenches of kernel hacking.
I am an extreme gadget enthusiast or simply a Gadget Geek... The work I do is to put together bits and pieces of what works and what looks good to create a gadget experience that is elegant, polished, minimalist and functional (E-P-M-F).
From my HyperROM WinMO ROM roots to today, I've always liked using and sharing a ROM that meets my E-P-M-F aspirations for a gadget. Today I bring you my personal twist on an Android ROM based on the latest EVO OTA Update (3.29.651.5)
1GB Data Image (included)
Latest Overclocked and Undervolted Stable Kernel by hastarin
Custom Modded Theme and Apps
Useful Tools/Utilities Included and easily updateable or removable
Want to try out the latest and greatest kernels from GIT?
1. rename zImage to workingzImage
2. copy new zImage to "/HyperDroidSense" directory on the sdcard
3. copy bcm*.ko and Tun.ko to "/HyperDroidSense/root/system/lib/modules" on the sdcard (create the paths if its not there)
I sincerely hope you enjoy your HD2 as much as I have... Android has literally given my device a new lease on life...
Enjoy the HyperDroidSense for your HD2!
Props go out to the following: for this excellent theme & mods used: - Jabbawalkee - UltraLinx for making all this possible: - Cotulla - dcordes - darkstone - danij3l - gauner1986 - hastarin - Cass67 - Markinus - LeTama - phiredrop - mdeejay - manusfreedom - mattc - zego - ElBartoME - shu8i - cyanogen - michyprima - huanyu - anyone else I've forgotten (silent contributors) for the learning: -everyone on #htc-linux & #htc-linux-chat