FORUMS

Enter U.S. T-Mobile Vibrant Recovery Mode Guaranteed

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By galonet, Junior Member on 28th September 2010, 12:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
THIS GUIDE WORKED ON USA T-MOBILE SAMSUNG VIBRANT BUT MAY VERY WELL WORK ON ALL SAMSUNG GALAXYS PHONES

After reading many XDA-Developers Forum Posts to try and figure out how to get into the Recovery Mode / Download Mode without any success, I gave T-Mobile Support a call.

After the usual noop run-down, "did you take the battery out" questions, I simply asked them how to get the Samsung Vibrant into recovery mode.

Unline the many tutorials that claim to require the Up or Down button pressed, along with the Home button then the Power, the true process is as follows:

1. Press the Up and the Down button at the same time (yes both). I too thought that button was a Toggle which only did either Up or Down, but found that in fact it does do both.

2. At the same time, press the power button.

3. As soon as the Samsung / Vibrant logo comes up on the screen, release the power button.

4. Release the Up and Down buttons.

5. PRESTO
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to galonet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galonet Ad-Free
28th September 2010, 02:42 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Talking Download Mode from Recovery Mode: Allows File Push through ADB
UPDATE

Once in Recovery Mode, to swith to what I believe is Download Mode, due to the fact that it now allows me to push files to the phone:

Click on the MENU Button from Recovery Mode.
28th September 2010, 03:02 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 622

More

You do relies the people with this download mode problem have hardware locked phones, rite?
Therefore they cant access recovery because the volume buttons dont work
28th September 2010, 03:59 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I had a hardware locked vibrant and got to recovery the exaxt same way he described. Ill attest its true. Don't know about download mode though. Sounds interesting.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App
28th September 2010, 04:43 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galonet

1. Press the Up and the Down button at the same time (yes both). I too thought that button was a Toggle which only did either Up or Down, but found that in fact it does do both.

2. At the same time, press the power button.

3. As soon as the Samsung / Vibrant logo comes up on the screen, release the power button.

4. Release the Up and Down buttons.

5. PRESTO

I can't get it to work. How long do you wait before releasing both volume buttons (step 4)?
28th September 2010, 04:51 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
You do realize that "hardware locked" means the volume buttons don't work ... right? Otherwise what do you think it means?
28th September 2010, 05:09 AM |#7  
Flag Kirkland, WA
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrantjr

I had a hardware locked vibrant and got to recovery the exaxt same way he described. Ill attest its true. Don't know about download mode though. Sounds interesting.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

Then it wasn't a hardware locked Vibrant...
28th September 2010, 05:44 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
How do you know if your phone is hardware locked? Is the only impact that you can't get into recovery mode?
28th September 2010, 05:52 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
This technique has been around for a while and it simply does not work for hardware locked phones. There is no known way to get the HL phones into recovery from a power off.
28th September 2010, 05:54 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
ive tried this method many times on the 2 vibrants ive had over the past 2 weeks. hasnt worked. although i can get into download mode just fine.
28th September 2010, 06:40 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Never mind wrong mode I was trying to describe
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
vibrant download mode, vibrant recover mode

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)