Read this post thoroughly, in its entirity. Don't ask for support on something that's been covered in this post!
VillainROM is sponsored by Hyperbees, LTD - publishers of SpeedX, The Impossible Level Game and more!
Let's get on with it, shall we?
Well, it's been a long time coming, and in typical VillainROM fashion, we hope it's been worth the wait.
Many of you will know our work from the HTC Hero community; work which started just under a year ago and grew into a team of developers, themers and systems administrators working to produce THE most popular ROMs on the Hero.
Some of us recently attended the HTC press event in London, where we were asked by many, many disgruntled Desire users when we were going to release some ROMs for the device. The good news is, today is the day. For anyone that's been waiting for our ROMs, I apologise for the wait.
So... why the delay?
Yes, you guessed it... midgets. I'm not talking about the little sweets, either... I'm talking about the little fellas. It's nothing at all to do with the fact that I have been lazy, despite having dozens of angry Desire owners (including many of our team) hassling me day in, day out. No, it's not that at all; it's the midgets.
I won't pretend I don't feel guilty about it, though. I'm as guilty as Alan Carr is gay. And that's pretty guilty.
Many of our team own the HTC Desire, so expect to see several of our ROMs appearing on this forum in the future. It's an exciting time to be a Desire owner, with so many talented developers around working on it... not to mention the upcoming release of the Desire HD, and the HTC kernel sources.
So that you're kept in the loop, so to speak, this is one of a series of ROMs for the HTC Desire that will be released over the coming fortnight (ideally). In no particular order, the other ROMs that we'll be releasing in the near future are:
- SuperVillain 1.0.0 (Based on VR 1.0.0 with Rosie, widgets and a lot of other Sense UI stripped out for speed. This will come in 2 versions... LP and ADW).
- FroydVillain 1.0.0 (A pure, AOSP build. Immensely fast, but currently quite buggy. This will be sorted prior to release)
- VillainROM HD (I'm working on a stripped down version of this ROM that installs without the need to store half the system folder on your SD EXT partition. This isn't too far away from release now).
Anyway, I've rambled enough. Many of you haven't read this far, and are already thinking 'TL : DR'. I have no doubt about this. I don't care though. That being said, I will 'get to the point' right about now.
Welcome to VillainROM 1.0.0
VillainROM is the name given to our ROMs based entirely on the manufacturers latest update, similarly to the Modaco Custom Roms. We've tried to keep it as standard as possible, adding only a few extra, essential features here and there, with our own, typical modifications. Please don't expect this to be groundbreaking, but if you're after a stable, close to stock, heavily supported ROM, then VillainROM is the right choice for you. As with all of the ROMs on offer from Team Villain, updates will be regular and meaningful.
- HTC Sense UI ROM (based on build 188.8.131.52)
- De-odexed & Zip aligned
- OpenVPN Support
- Wifi N Support
- EXT 3 & 4 Support
- CIF Support
- CFQ Support
- Latest Superuser & Busybox
- VR Wallpapers
- UV Kernel - thanks, Neophyte
- System R/W access - overlay method
- Reboot in power menu
- Shiny, VillainROM boot animation (credits go to Alex from the VillainROM forum)
- Huge APN list - thanks, Cyanogen
- Supports major European languages
- PNG Optimised
See post #2 for Changelog
1. Flash the latest radio image, if you don't have it already
2. Full Wipe
3. Flash the ROM
4. Boot up and enjoy!
Original Font: Click Here
Wake on OJ and Power: Click Here