Magic SPL HBOOT collection

Search This thread

funfobia

Dec 4, 2006
Just a question.. I am currently on

SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT-1.3300.0009 (SAPP10000)
CPLD-12

Does this mean I can flash the Engineering SPL HBOOT-1.33.2005 and I will be able to install google ion rom?

Also how safe is this? And if I want to install the google ion rom, can i use the image downloaded from HTC? including the radio and recovery image?

Thanks!

I don't think so, i already flash 1.3300.2005 from Haukuro and still can't flash
those with Google ROM, ION or Hero. Those ROM will stuck on logo screen. We still stuck to daldroid ROM.

Is this SPL different from Haykuro version?

psydroid

Jun 23, 2009
I tried Engineering SPL HBOOT-1.33.2005 on HTC Magic from TIM (Italian)

# fastboot erase hboot
erasing 'hboot'... OKAY
# fastboot flash hboot hboot.img
sending 'hboot' (512 KB)... OKAY
writing 'hboot'... INFOsignature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)

hmm.. I guess it's bricked now? Doesn't turn on at all anymore.. :(

bernard black

May 22, 2009
I don't think so, i already flash 1.3300.2005 from Haukuro and still can't flash
those with Google ROM, ION or Hero. Those ROM will stuck on logo screen. We still stuck to daldroid ROM.

Is this SPL different from Haykuro version?

Could you try the Rogers ROM and what Hero ROM did you try, SuperHero v2?

Oh, and did you try downgrading the radio to, someone hinted that this might be necessary.

Amon_RA

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jan 2, 2009
Just a question.. I am currently on

CPLD-12

Does this mean I can flash the Engineering SPL HBOOT-1.33.2005 and I will be able to install google ion rom?

Also how safe is this? And if I want to install the google ion rom, can i use the image downloaded from HTC? including the radio and recovery image?

Thanks!

Yes this will work, I tried this myself on the same configuration but for me the camera didn't work (I'll try to find a fix for this soon).
- You'll need to flash the Engineering SPL HBOOT-1.33.2005 or 2004
- The official update script will not complete because it will look for CPLD-10 and you have a CPLD-12. To solve this you can :
1. update the script yourself and resign the update.
2. or you can unzip the update files and flash all images manually (so bypassing the installationscript).
3. or you can run modded ion rom with fixed installscript and root access from here

=> Don't forget to also flash the radio of the ION, otherwise you'll be stuck at the bootscreen.

Amon_RA

Jan 2, 2009
I tried Engineering SPL HBOOT-1.33.2005 on HTC Magic from TIM (Italian)

# fastboot erase hboot
erasing 'hboot'... OKAY

hmm.. I guess it's bricked now? Doesn't turn on at all anymore.. :(

:( Sorry to hear this. Did you try to boot in fastboot mode again (maybe take out the battery and put it back in again) ?

Do you remember what your board type + CPLD and previous SPL was?

psydroid

Jun 23, 2009
:( Sorry to hear this. Did you try to boot in fastboot mode again (maybe take out the battery and put it back in again) ?

Do you remember what your board type + CPLD and previous SPL was?

I tried removing battery / holding back button - nothing works. It's all dead (gives the impression of a dead battery but even with AC connected it does nothing).

I guess "$ fastboot erase hboot" really bricks it when new image fails.

Hope someone knows a trick to get it do something at all :confused:

If I remember correctly i had the "SPL HBOOT-1.33.0008" stock installed before.

goa200

Jun 8, 2009
got
CPLD-12
RADIO-3.22.20.17

tried Engineering SPL HBOOT-1.33.2005 (Working on 32A and 32B)

# fastboot erase hboot
erasing 'hboot'... OKAY

havnt powered off my phone so its still in fastboot usb mode.

Also tried
Shipment SPL HBOOT-1.33.0009H but same error
same for
Engineering SPL HBOOT-1.33.2004

tripledes

Feb 21, 2006
I tried removing battery / holding back button - nothing works. It's all dead (gives the impression of a dead battery but even with AC connected it does nothing).

I guess "$ fastboot erase hboot" really bricks it when new image fails.

Hope someone knows a trick to get it do something at all :confused:

If I remember correctly i had the "SPL HBOOT-1.33.0008" stock installed before.

I'm having the same problem, my phone does nothing....did you found a solution?

Device info:

PVT 32B - CPLD10
SPL HBOOT-1.33.0004 (IIRC)

Amon_RA

Jan 2, 2009
In case you are getting "remote: signature verify fail" :

# Download haykuro's SPL and rename it to update.zip and copy it to your sdcard.
# Reboot into recovery mode via a rooted recovery image.
# Apply update.

psydroid

Jun 23, 2009
In case you are getting "remote: signature verify fail" :

# Download haykuro's SPL and rename it to update.zip and copy it to your sdcard.
# Reboot into recovery mode via a rooted recovery image.
# Apply update.

This will only work then the hboot partition it not erased already by doing "$ fastboot erase hboot".
When this is done, it is not possible to turn off the phone, if you do that the the device won't boot anymore (and neither will the recovery console / fastboot).
I guess it's a bricked one then.

*looks with sad eyes at my HTC Magic*

Amon_RA

Jan 2, 2009
This will only work then the hboot partition it not erased already by doing "$ fastboot erase hboot".
When this is done, it is not possible to turn off the phone, if you do that the the device won't boot anymore (and neither will the recovery console / fastboot).
I guess it's a bricked one then.

*looks with sad eyes at my HTC Magic*

I removed the procedure to avoid people from bricking their phones.
I'll try to update the procedure with a more user friendly one asap.

bernard black

May 22, 2009
So if you're stuck at fastboot with an erased hboot, what do you do in order to push Haykuro's SPL to the SDcard?

In other words, is there any way what so ever to push a file to the SD card via fastboot?

I guess fastboot push update.zip /sdcard/update.zip wont do it.

jmaurice

Jun 14, 2009
Tokyo
ION from Google Japan:
SAPPHIRE EVT1 32B DEV S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.3005 (SAPP20000)
CPLD-10
RADIO-2.22.19.26I
May 29 2009, 14:38:09

HT-03A released by NTT Docomo:
SAPPHIRE EVT1 32B SHIP S-ON G
HBOOT-1.33.0006 (SAPP20000)
CPLD-10
RADIO-2.22.19.26I
May 27 2009, 19:06:41

funfobia

Dec 4, 2006
Yes this will work, I tried this myself on the same configuration but for me the camera didn't work (I'll try to find a fix for this soon).
- You'll need to flash the Engineering SPL HBOOT-1.33.2005 or 2004
- The official update script will not complete because it will look for CPLD-10 and you have a CPLD-12. To solve this you can :
1. update the script yourself and resign the update.
2. or you can unzip the update files and flash all images manually (so bypassing the installationscript).
3. or you can run modded ion rom with fixed installscript and root access from here

=> Don't forget to also flash the radio of the ION, otherwise you'll be stuck at the bootscreen.

What is your Magic brand? What I experience so far is that phone with HTC or PVT32A is not able to flash the same way as PVT32B. If you downgrade radio on PVT32A you will get bricked. The same way you flash wrong SPL. As daldroid and Haykuro mention that the boot process is different between "HTC" brand and "with Google" brand.

tripledes

Feb 21, 2006
Well, seems like my device is totally dead....will be going to vodafone tomorrow and try to trick'em a little...:) luckily I haven't changed anything else on the phone, just erased hboot.

Let's see if they'll give me a replacement....

BTW, what's the right procedure to install a new hboot? Should I install first the haykuro's SPL? Because as far as I understand it's signatures problem....or am I wrong?

Thanks.

dr_dre

Aug 8, 2007
pls correct me if im wrong.

i am able to flash multiple roms ( ion or otherwise) on my

sapphire pvt 32b ship s-on g
hboot-1.33.0004 (sapp10000)
cpld-10
radio-2.22.19.26I
apr 9 2009 23:30:4

But im not able to use my nandroid backup rom due to the wrong ( read original) spl ? and a patched spl for my magic im able to get the original rom in place ?

so all i have to do is wait until this is sorted and thats whats this thread is all about .

Amon_RA

Jan 2, 2009
What is your Magic brand? What I experience so far is that phone with HTC or PVT32A is not able to flash the same way as PVT32B. If you downgrade radio on PVT32A you will get bricked. The same way you flash wrong SPL. As daldroid and Haykuro mention that the boot process is different between "HTC" brand and "with Google" brand.

I have a PVT 32A CPLD12 and I could "downgrade" the radio without any problems after upgrading to the 2005 SPL.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check out this thread in case you have a perfected SPL (fastboot remote: not allow).

Proceed on your own risk, you might brick your phone!!!

The following SPLs "should" work on PVT 32A and PVT 32B boards :

How to flash :
    Skip step 2 and boot into recovery mode instead of step 3, if you already have a custom recovery flashed!
    1. Download the SPL of your choice and copy it to the root of your SD-card.
    2. Download the appropriate recovery here
    3. Boot in fastboot mode
      Code:
      fastboot boot recovery-RAv1.2.0.G.img or fastboot boot recovery-RAv1.2.0.H.img
    4. Wait a while
    5. Choose Apply sdcard:choose zip and select the required SPL update
    6. Press the GREEN key once the update is done
    7. Press HOME + BACK to reboot

Download

Engineering SPL 1.33.2004 by Crios is actually a hex-edit of SPL 1.33.2005 to fool updates.

Original SPL list :
    Please update us on any new SPLs so we can include them in this list. :)

• HBOOT-1.33.0004 (SAPP10000) : Sapphire PVT 32B SHIP S-ON G : CPLD-10 (Voldafone NL + UK + Australia)
    • HBOOT-1.33.0008 (SAPP10000) : Sapphire PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H : CPLD-12 (TIM (Italian))
    • HBOOT-1.3300.0009 (SAPP10000) : Sapphire PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H : CPLD-12 (Nordic Magic A6161)
    • HBOOT-1.33.0009 (SAPP10000) : Sapphire PVT 32A SHIP S-OFF H : CPLD-12 (Belgian HTC)
    • HBOOT-1.33.0009 (SAPP10000) : Sapphire PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H : CPLD-12 (Greek)
    • HBOOT-1.33.0009 (SAPP50000) : Sapphire PVT 32A SHIP S-OFF H : CPLD-11 (Rogers)
    • HBOOT-1.33.0009 (SAPP50000) : Sapphire PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H : CPLD-12 (Rogers)
    • HBOOT-1.33.0010 (SAPP10000) : Sapphire PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H : CPLD-12
    • HBOOT-1.33.3004 (SAPP30000) : Sapphire PVT 32B DEV S-ON G : CPLD-10 (ION)
    • HBOOT-1.33.3005 from the Japanese ION

SPL Info
    • The G or H at the end identify if it's a Google or HTC SPL
    • ENG : Engineering version
    • SHIP : Shipment version
    • DEV : Development version (ION)
    • S-off and S-on : Security on and off (writing directly to nand or not) , most probably not SPL linked, S-on prevents you to downgrade.
    • PVT 32A (HTC branded) : 288MB RAM / Qualcomm MSM7200a
    • PVT 32B (Google branded) : 192MB RAM / Qualcomm MSM7201a
    • CPLD XX : What does this mean?
    I have the 2005 SPL. What is the difference among the other engineer spl's? Also, is it worth it to upgrade to a different spl and is it safe for that matter? I don't want to do it to brick my phone. I am perfectly fine with my current one, I am just curious to see if there any advantages of having a different SPL than the 2005. Thanks.
    Anyone know that can help me out on this one? I have been curious about this for a long time.