FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

"Forced upload by keypressing" mode?

146 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By dcc22, Senior Member on 29th September 2010, 01:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My phone returned from warranty today due to a brick and I told them to fix the broken 3br stuff, wrote it by hand on the papers And they DID !!! It was the German O2 branded phone repaired by arvato.
Now I have a stock branded firmware AOJM1 with no apps, also a complete reset. No costs for me either, there was even an added phone sock

But I noticed another mode.
When pressing home+up at any time, even after boot, it gives me the screen below. What's that? recovery and download is already there. I just edited the flashlight from the cam, it really hurts my eyes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0234.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	409746  

29th September 2010, 04:09 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

More
ok, i unbranded it using the kies method. the menu is not available anymore, must be something O2 specific. maybe they deactivated 3br and are updating through that.

i remember this mode was active before i bricked it. after flashing to xxjm1 it dissappeared.
maybe that's a way to fix bricked and branded phones without 3br.
29th September 2010, 05:25 PM |#3  
Flag Weston super Mare
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcc22

ok, i unbranded it using the kies method. the menu is not available anymore, must be something O2 specific. maybe they deactivated 3br and are updating through that.

i remember this mode was active before i bricked it. after flashing to xxjm1 it dissappeared.
maybe that's a way to fix bricked and branded phones without 3br.

Which way did you go after flashing to xxjm1?
What stage are you at now?

I've got to xxjm1, unlocked and rooted. But not sure what's safe to do next. The 3BR doesn't work on my phone, I've already bricked one trying to sort that out. That's why I've stopped at xxjm1, I'm worried about bricking another.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)