FORUMS

Removing lag fix a must before upgrading to JI5?

637 posts
Thanks Meter: 130

By vapotrini, Senior Member on 29th September 2010, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
As the topic asks, I'd like to know preferably from people who have actually done it. Is it 100% necessary to remove the lag fix before I upgrade to the new firmware?

I would have just removed it and not even bothered to ask but I'm having a lot of difficulties getting it removed.
30th September 2010, 12:12 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapotrini

As the topic asks, I'd like to know preferably from people who have actually done it. Is it 100% necessary to remove the lag fix before I upgrade to the new firmware?

I would have just removed it and not even bothered to ask but I'm having a lot of difficulties getting it removed.

Which lag fix are you having difficulty removing? If I am unable to help, I'm sure there are many here who can
30th September 2010, 12:16 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalup

Which lag fix are you having difficulty removing? If I am unable to help, I'm sure there are many here who can

I think it was the original one. The one that you had to do from your computer. Since my phone is Hardware locked I'm a little concerned that if something goes wrong I'll be SOL!
30th September 2010, 12:26 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
You need to remove Ryanza's lag fix otherwise your phone will hag at the Galaxy S screen, happened to me. You can fix it by going into recovery and delete all user data but of course at the point you lose everything.
30th September 2010, 12:47 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiPiePia

You need to remove Ryanza's lag fix otherwise your phone will hag at the Galaxy S screen, happened to me. You can fix it by going into recovery and delete all user data but of course at the point you lose everything.

Ok that's fine but will I be able to restore all my apps & settings via titanium after? Or must I start from scratch no matter what?
30th September 2010, 01:32 AM |#6  
So Cal
Thanks Meter: 5

More
you must remove the lagfix before applying the update as stated above.

you will not lose any data or settings to your phone during the update.
30th September 2010, 02:39 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Lag fix is the only one that should be removed? All other mods/fixes can remain?
30th September 2010, 02:40 AM |#8  
So Cal
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboii

Lag fix is the only one that should be removed? All other mods/fixes can remain?

if you installed a custom rom, you'll have to flash back to stock.

you don't have to unroot but it will unroot it for you.

you can go back adn root with the old method without any problems.
30th September 2010, 03:51 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Thanks for all the replies...

Having second thoughts now, seeing too many people having issues. I may hold off a few days.
30th September 2010, 03:56 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
OCLF
Upgraded without removing OCLF no problems at all
30th September 2010, 04:12 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
So far I haven't had any problems. Just the hang on the restart, but after waiting a little bit it loads just fine...

Sent from my Rooted Samsung Vibrant using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)