Welcome to the "Epic Experience" for the Samsung Epic 4G.
* - Wipe required
[11/22/2010] Version 1.2.09 - 3baebc86bbe8c8f1c1c071a2d39592a8
- "Froyo Themed" - Has a little more of a Froyo look with the Froyo 3G indicator and other framework changes
- Gallery with multi-touch & pinch peek (b-reezy)
- Changed the boot down animation a little bit but still still a tad choppy
- Changed default ringtone
- Fixed a "bug" with the shutdown screen where if wouldn't fully go black
- Added a custom ringtone made by me. More to come soon.
- Updated to the latest version of Google Maps
- Latest version of Wireless Tether
- Added the "smart alarm" ringtones, although I don't think they're working correctly yet.
- Removed custom boot animation (Any kernel can be used)
- Removed duplicate ringtones
- Custom boot & shutdown animation (also an even better one is in the works… this should hold you over though)
- Wired Tether & Wireless Tether included (works out of the box!)
- Updated Spare Parts
- Epic, Nexus, and Moment Ringtones (gremlyn1)
- Vanilla Lock Screen is back
- Reboot Mod & "Battery full" Mod are back!
- Removed Galaxy S apps like Daily Briefing, Mini Diary & Write & Go (saving space, but added a flashable)
- Removed unneeded APKs (More Storage Space)
- Added Car Home (fully works! Thanks SyndicateROM!)
- Updated Google Maps
- Google Voice (I'd recommend setting up your voicemail here... much better than Sprint's!)
- Most recent version of Wireless Tether is on your SDcard (SDcard/Epic Experience/Applications)
- Updated Fascinate Music Player (SyndicateROM)
- Newer 2.2 Market (should fix some market issues people have had)
- Removed 270 degree rotation by default, but added a flashable zip to add it back in
- Back to the Evo YouTube app until the Froyo YouTube is more stable
- Puzzle Lockscreen (...well, sorta)
- Removed "battery full" mod and "reboot" option (newest version caused crashes) - use Volume up + Camera + Power button to reboot.
- Changed the lockscreen "clock font" to look more like the other Galaxy S models
- Added newer battery full pop-up mod (not completely sure if it works correct yet, but it's there)
- Added modified APKs to allow use when battery is below 15% [excluding Music Player - not modified yet] (Firon)
- Added 270 degree rotation support
- New YouTube app (bubby323)
- No more ads! (phaelox)
- No more "battery full" pop-up (raiderep)
- Power off menu now has the "reboot" option (raiderep)
- Removed all Live Wallpapers (zip available to put them back in)
- Updated LauncherPro to version 0.8.1.1
- Moved LauncherPro to /data/app/ (removable)
- Added AppWidgetPicker (Boombuler)
- Put Buddies Now back in
- Daily Breifing
- TouchWiz 3.0 (Vibrant)
- Fixed Visual Voicemail and MMS not working correctly
- TouchWiz 3.0 (Fascinate)
- TouchWiz Clock
- TouchWiz Write & Go
- TouchWiz Mini Diary
- TouchWiz Music Player
- Customized Icons
- New customized shutdown logo
- WiFi Status Bar Indicator (Warns when wifi is on but not in use)*
- Corrected Visual Voicemail not showing up
- Removed ThinkOffice but added an add-on to put it back in
- Removed Launcher.apk but added a zip that includes all the wallpapers
- Vanilla battery icon
- Removed wireless tether app due to force close issues, although installing the apk works (INSTALL)
- Removed duplicate Visual Voicemail apk
- More stable "Desk Clock" app (music button disabled due to force closes)
- Added back in Sprint Visual Voicemail. I thought I had it in there but I guess not.
- Added ringtones from Samsung Fascinate
- Added Wireless Tether app
- Ported the music player app from the Samsung Fascinate! (As everyone has requested)
- Removed "Car Home" until more stable
- Removed kernel that comes with ROM. Added choice of flashing your own.
- Updated Geniusdog254's kernel to a more stable kernel
- Added ringtones from the Nexus One & Samsung Galaxy S I9000
- Added Geniusdog254's overclocked kernel with Voodoo Color enhancement
- Removed Samsung Live Wallpapers by default to save space, although you can flash them back in.
- Fixed "Car Home" not appearing in the ROM
- Removed Samsung Widgets for more storage space, but added an update.zip to add them back in for those who want them.
- Updated Launcher Pro to Version 0.8.1.0
- Fixed some Live Wallpapers not showing up
- Zip-Aligned apk files to optimize RAM usage
- Fixed the "black screen of death"
- Removed crake001's battery percentage mod (caused boot issues)
- Fixed/minimized "acore" force close with contact sync!
- Changed the MMS/SMS app to avoid issues with stock lockscreen & Sprint voicemail
- Added back in Sprint Visual Voicemail
- Changed back to TouchWiz calendar (this fixed some of the force closes)
- Fixed force close on ending a call
- Added back in the Samsung Widgets for you TouchWiz fans
- Added back in the vanilla lock screen (forgot it last time, sorry!)
- crake001's battery percentage mod
- Based on DI18 OTA update
- Changed kernel to noobnl's Andromeda Galaxy Kernel (Version 1.4.0) - Temporary until compatible overclock kernel
- Moved "Car Home" & "News and Weather" to /data/app (removable)
- Fixed music playback bug
- Quadrant now works.
- Added back in the "DRM" files for compatibility (may remove later when bugs are fixed)
- Added the option for the default vanilla Android Launcher (includes still wallpapers)
- Orginal Release
- Do NOT remove TouchWiz Launcher from this ROM, doing so will cause contact syncing issues & "acore" force closes
- Any kernel should work with this ROM other than stock.
- If you are coming from 1.1.xx do NOT try to save yourself some time by flashing 1.2.xx overtop of it. 1.1 & 1.2 are completely different frameworks.
Flashable Add-Ons [Eclair DI18]
Oh yeah, just wanted to give Coucher a little shout out for suggesting the name, Epic Experience.
*I am not responsible if something goes wrong*
If you enjoy my ROM, please consider a donation. Even a dollar helps!
If you would like to use any of my work, feel free to; just be sure to credit me & link back to this post.