Beaware: DesireHD Compatible with exchange 2010?

Search This thread

mjl_79

Aug 30, 2010
Oulu
I got my Desire HD week ago and it came with latest ROM already, nothing to update. We have also Exchange 2010 with SP1. Email works like a charm with this phone. Autodiscovery worked, mails, contacts and calendar objects sync just fine.

Only thing that I don't like is that it syncs only Inbox folder automatically just like Samsung Galaxt S, I use many folders with server side rules so I have to manually go and check every folder if there's new mail.

Maybe I have to install Touchdown again because it syncs all folders(you can select which folders) and when you open folder list it shows folders with new unread emails bolded.

If HTC adds this functionality to mail client it would be perfect!

rikkiboo2

Mar 18, 2010
Factory reset phone, and added account again....still calendar will not sync, but will sync on touchdown.

Hopefully android 2.3 will have a fix.

Try improved email (it does calendar too). It worked better for me, but not really like a charm... Calendar is ok but email syncs whenever it likes! I never could get successful hourly sync. I run Exchange 2003.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

bergfex

Sep 16, 2010
Hagenberg
First I wasn't able to connect to our mail server (microsoft exchange 2010 I think) at all.

I tried different mail apps, none worked.

I was able to solve this problem by removing the german character 'ß' form my password.

Can ayone else confirm this?