FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(Icon) Sony Font White PNG Iconset and 9 single screen wallpapers for it

2,104 posts
Thanks Meter: 620

By PollPixx, Senior Member on 3rd October 2010, 12:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well, Sunday afternoon, wife and kids away so I went on with some icons in the sony erirsson font. When you rooted your phone and use this font as your default it looks great on your phone...nevertheless worth sharing. Here some screens in use:

Here are the white PNG icons in Sony Font containing the following:

Applications: GPS, Music, Pictures, Tools, Video, Weather
Homescreen: Dial, SMS, Mail, Shop, Twitter, Web
Games: Action, Arcade, Cards, Puzzle, Race, Sport

Using Smart Shortcuts you can use these icons as your folder icon and make shortcuts on your screens, when you tap them a folder opens with the chosen applications you chose making the folder in Smart Shortcuts.

If you are using Desktop Visualizer these icons are 100x100 png, they are a bit smaller in words of course as I went of the edge a bit.

They look a bit blurry on the screenshots, but that's because I cropped the screenshot png which already is a small file ofcourse. On your telephone it looks sharp as a razorblade ;)

EDIT: The best thing is of course when your wallpaper is not scrollable (setting in ADW). For that I made 9 wallpapers which looks good with those icons. 3 like in the screenshot and another 6. Also added as attechment. They are 490x854 photo's pasted in a 960x854 background. Just swipe them to maximum and there you go Watch out, there are 2 nsfw pictures in it as well. Herewith an overview of all wallpapers, obviously as i explained you won't see the white parts, it is necessary to get a perfect single wallpaper (unscrollable) for all your screens. For the first two when you want to add the text icons exactly in the squares, make sure you have selected in adw settings, 5 coulomns and 6 rows, than it will fit when using smart shortcuts, this app is free from the market.

Cheers,
Arnold
Attached Files
File Type: zip icons Sony Font.zip - [Click for QR Code] (212.3 KB, 8161 views)
File Type: zip single screen wallpapers.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.19 MB, 2311 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PollPixx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PollPixx Ad-Free

3rd October 2010, 05:19 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
added 9 single screen wallpapers for non scrollable use. That way you can make different pages using those icons.
3rd October 2010, 05:25 PM |#3  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 305

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for sharing and putting time to make these.
3rd October 2010, 06:16 PM |#4  
Flag Oslo
Thanks Meter: 192

More
Although i am totally noob & didn't get it how to do all that (due to my poor english), but really awesome effort from your side Great & Thank You very much ^^
3rd October 2010, 07:00 PM |#5  
Flag Dombivli
Thanks Meter: 200

More
Excellent, and many thanks for this. I don't, however, know how does one change the icons for the apps, what's the app/technique to do that?
3rd October 2010, 07:50 PM |#6  
Flag Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javagreen

Excellent, and many thanks for this. I don't, however, know how does one change the icons for the apps, what's the app/technique to do that?

Just download the program 'Desktop Visualiser' it is not available in the market for the X10, but you can find the .APK on this site. That program is very simple to use, no explaination needed.

Also, extremely nice backgrounds, I already have extremely similar icons (Tallmin: http://www.droid-den.com/android-gui...llmin-icon-set), so most likely won't be using them, but almost certainatly will make use of the backgrounds!
3rd October 2010, 07:52 PM |#7  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 292

More
Your wallpaper collection gave me a boner!!
3rd October 2010, 07:56 PM |#8  
Flag Dombivli
Thanks Meter: 200

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irTim

Just download the program 'Desktop Visualiser' it is not available in the market for the X10, but you can find the .APK on this site. That program is very simple to use, no explaination needed.

Also, extremely nice backgrounds, I already have extremely similar icons (Tallmin: http://www.droid-den.com/android-gui...llmin-icon-set), so most likely won't be using them, but almost certainatly will make use of the backgrounds!

Thanks

On a completely unrelated note, my X10i gave me the 'charging bug' for the very first time just now

Damn!
3rd October 2010, 08:09 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Thank you, nice to hear people like them. Spent 4 hours on it to find wall papers which will fit the icons as a glove. Personally I use them with SMART SHORTCUTS, as desktop visualizer and my phone are not friends, so smart shortcuts folders....that is what you see in the screens.

It is very easy to install. Read the first post and it will work. If you have questions or need help, just post a reply and people will help you...that is the great thing from this community.

Shukla, you are crazy haha

Cheers,
Arnold

Sent from my rooted X10i using tapatalk
7th October 2010, 10:17 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you for sharing, all look great.
7th October 2010, 01:16 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
PollPixx, as always great work follow many of your threads

I've sorta been using your icons (sorta because i like images ) and trying a new dual screen type approach with sophisticated sleek words and minimal view on one home screen with the big colourful images on another home screen. Havent gotten it to look 100% yet as its very hard to get it all to fit nicely with a wallpaper, but when I do i'll post on the desktop thread!

p.s. awesome walls wish i could keep one in particular as my wally but the girlfriend will castrate me :P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)