FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

Problems with Titanium Backup's "Integrate system app updates into ROM" feature.

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By deafcon5, Junior Member on 5th December 2010, 07:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I searched, but didn't find any documentation on this feature, so I did the adventurous thing and tried it out. It's supposed to replace the system apps in the ROM with the updated apk, therefore saving space in the system memory. But after the batch finished, all of the updated apps were completely gone...the originals AND the updates were deleted. Since there isn't a way to "undo" this function, I had to reflash the ROM. Does anyone know more about this option? Does it work with any ROM?

Sent from my Evo with the xda app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deafcon5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deafcon5 Ad-Free

5th December 2010, 03:45 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,919

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafcon5

I searched, but didn't find any documentation on this feature, so I did the adventurous thing and tried it out. It's supposed to replace the system apps in the ROM with the updated apk, therefore saving space in the system memory. But after the batch finished, all of the updated apps were completely gone...the originals AND the updates were deleted. Since there isn't a way to "undo" this function, I had to reflash the ROM. Does anyone know more about this option? Does it work with any ROM?

If your rooted you can replace them yourself.
20th December 2011, 06:14 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:

I faced the same probs. But here is a few tips to get back your app:

1. Use titanium backup, run Batch, uninstall those apps that you have moved to ROM (which already highlighted in Red)
2. Find install apks for those apps in Google, reinstall it
3. Reboot your device
4. All app icons have back

Have fun, mate!!
14th January 2012, 12:12 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbytrick

I faced the same probs. But here is a few tips to get back your app:

1. Use titanium backup, run Batch, uninstall those apps that you have moved to ROM (which already highlighted in Red)
2. Find install apks for those apps in Google, reinstall it
3. Reboot your device
4. All app icons have back

Have fun, mate!!

I had the same problem; with the Android Market app disappeared. I have tried to re-install it the way you suggest, but the app stops working when I start any download from the market. Even reset the phone to factory settings, but I have the same problem. Any clue?
Thanks!!!
3rd June 2012, 09:17 PM |#5  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I just did a hot restart and it was fine for me.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA on Fresh 4.3.3
15th December 2012, 09:09 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

I was having a similar problem with my Galaxy Note on ICS 4.04.
Whenever I tried to integrate the Play Store it would delete both the update and the old app and I would have to reinstall the APK.
I also noticed recently that a few other updates that appeared to be integrated successfully reappeared in the list of available updates to integrate, like they reverted to user apps after a reboot?

What finally fixed it for me was selecting the option in Titanium Backup Pro *Menu; Preferences; Advanced Settings; Check the box "Auto-integrate sys Dalvik into"
I then did a backup of my launcher app, long pressed on the backup and selected "Convert to System App", then single pressed on the app backup, selected restore then selected app data only"
It prompted me to reboot, after reboot when I checked the"batch, integrate updates into system ROM" all the apps which I was having problems with had disappeared from the list, and appear to be integrated now.
I don't know if it was the reboot or enabling the option in Titanium Backup, but something changed.
The Following User Says Thank You to xanderman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xanderman Ad-Free
19th June 2013, 10:47 PM |#7  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have some problems also
I used Titanium mainly to integrate the updates into rom in my previous htc sensation and in my galaxy s3 and it worked fine with them. Now it does not work properly with my galaxy s4. After the integration some apps crash, Chrome, Dropbox. Some of them only delete the update and leave the old one in rom. If I go to google play the update is there to be installed again or some apps just prompt for the update when opened. I sent an email to the developer but I have not response. I have used it successfully in my previous phones but it is not working in this one. Any help is appreciated.
30th June 2013, 01:35 PM |#8  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdefranx

I used Titanium mainly to integrate the updates into rom in my previous htc sensation and in my galaxy s3 and it worked fine with them. Now it does not work properly with my galaxy s4. After the integration some apps crash, Chrome, Dropbox. Some of them only delete the update and leave the old one in rom. If I go to google play the update is there to be installed again or some apps just prompt for the update when opened. I sent an email to the developer but I have not response. I have used it successfully in my previous phones but it is not working in this one. Any help is appreciated.

Yep, I'm having this exact problem. First the apps didn't show up, so I performed a hot restart. They're all back now, but Dropbox, Chrome, G+ and others that were integrated are all crashing now.

I imagine it's mostly to so with new security features with the S4. If you're using an S4 please stay away from this feature until it's officially recognised as an issue by the TitaniumBackup developer. I'll reflash PDA shortly and report back if that resolves the problem.
30th June 2013, 10:20 PM |#9  
Flag Bronx

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfu

Yep, I'm having this exact problem. First the apps didn't show up, so I performed a hot restart. They're all back now, but Dropbox, Chrome, G+ and others that were integrated are all crashing now.

I imagine it's mostly to so with new security features with the S4. If you're using an S4 please stay away from this feature until it's officially recognised as an issue by the TitaniumBackup developer. I'll reflash PDA shortly and report back if that resolves the problem.

I did reflash the phone with the stock firmware and everithing is good. I have tried some apps but it did not work. I just leave them there until titanium backup is updated. This is the most used feature for me and now is not working.
30th July 2013, 10:17 PM |#10  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdefranx

Titanium Backup's update this week supposedly fixed integrating on Android 4.2. Who's up to try it out?
30th July 2013, 10:47 PM |#11  
Flag Bronx

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3wThr33

Titanium Backup's update this week supposedly fixed integrating on Android 4.2. Who's up to try it out?

I will try one of the apps that did not work for me, when I get home. I already updated it today. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)