Checked whether a project for creating a WinCE like plugin for total commander already exist, but couldn't find one, so here it is.
Disclaimer: This plugin is still in it's infancy, therefore it might crash you, your PC or your phone. It might not even start. But it'll improve.
1. What's this?
This is a filesystem plugin for total commander that let's you browse and modify the contents of your phone while using total commander
Although there are some android file managers out there, none of them I've found integrates into total commander. And if you've already using tcmd as a general file manager you usually don't want to open up a new program just to access your filesystem.
The plugin uses the "adb shell" interface to communicate with the phone. It issues simple linux commands, parses the results and shows them to you in tcmd.
4. What's needed?
Total commander on your PC, busybox on your phone (root is not needed, but it will be used if available), and USB debugging turned on as well. Next download the plugin, open it in total commander and let it install.
5. Download location?
Download the latest version from here: http://github.com/sztupy/adbfsplugin/downloads
6. Supported features?
- directory listing
- copying from/to phone (very slow)
- copying/moving/renaming inside the phone
- creating and deleting directories
7. Whats needed?
- Better error handling
- Command line interface
- Attribute changing
- APK management
8. Common pitfalls/limitations/etc.
- If the plugin can't start the adb server, wait a bit, then try it again
- The plugin won't ask you whether you want to overwrite a file or not, it will overwrite it
- Uploading and downloading files is very-very slow
- The plugin starts by trying to use su. If it can't get permission to use su (for example you pressed deny on the superuser page), it will run as a normal user.
Licence: GPLv3 (with the added exception that allows you to use the plugin with total commander... duh) and CC-BY-SA