A ROM for made for and tested on Huawei U8100 Expert Sweden but has been confirmed to work on most, if not all, U8100/U8110/U8120 phones. T-mobile pulse mini U8110 needs an update after install (se end of this post).
This ROM was previously known and developed under a different name in the Swedroid forums and the Modaco forums
(btw, can we PLEASE get at least a generic Huawei forum at xda-developers?)
- RLS4d = RLS4b/c + overclocking fix
RLS4c overclocking fix
- There's a mistake in the frequency tables in RLS4c and the RLS4b camera fix that seems to affect some phones. This fix (attached) can be used on both RLS4b and RLS4c and will fix both the camera issue (RLS4b) and the overclocking issue (RLS4c).
- RLS4b + camera fix
RLS4b camera fix (attached)
- The camera fix replaces the kernel with one that uses the same PLL for overclocking as RLS3 did (PLL2). Appearently PLL1 is used by the camera so it wasn't safe to change it.
- New (QVGA hacked) version of market... propably needs a wipe.
- New overclocking code in kernel, default speed is 633.6MHz but can be tweaked with SetCPU.
- Updated (and hacked) Market
- Updated several apps to latest version
- Removed Facebook (download it from Market if you need it) to free up some space in /system
- Replaced brut maps with latest official Google Maps (5.0.0)
- Propably something more that I've forgotten...
It's propably a good idea to wipe, since Market and Maps has been replaced.
- Changed bootlogo
- Changed bootanimation
- Replaced Google Maps with modified version (brut17) Seems you need to do a full wipe after upgrading because the replaced Maps apk
- Updated DocToGo to latest version
- Added Flash Lite support
- Most likely updated something more that I've forgot
- Fixed a tiny error in the installation script that could kill USB-mounting if you go from stock ROM to my ROM without wipe:ing data.
- Made overclocking code in kernel to be aware of those phones that runs at 600MHz with stock ROM.
- Added support for U8120 optical d-pad in kernel
- Added tun.ko module for OpenVPN users
- Updated LauncherPro
- Updated Roadsync
- 2.6.29 based on kernel source released by T-mobile UK for the pulse mini.
- Slightly modified to work on non T-mobile Android builds.
- Added overclocking based on HTC Hero code by phhusson. Default install is NOT overclocked. Add overclocked kernel with update.
- Added swap support.
- Added compcache 0.6.2 swap free notify patch.
- Added LZO support (needed by compcache)
- Added EXT3 support (for better A2SD)
- Removed unused stuff, like PS2 mouse drivers, non-used touchscreen drivers and NFS support. The result is a smaller, but more useful kernel than before.
- Android 2.1 based on the official U8100 Expert Sweden ROM
- Rooted with latest Superuser Permissions
- Fully odexed (system apps will not use dalvik-cache = more space on /data)
- Removed Launcher2
- Removed MyWeather widget.
- Removed TouchPal and AndroidKeyboard
- Removed ServoSearch
- Hacked a way around the "cust" system making Wifi work on other phones than just expert/se phones.
- Moved autorun.iso to /system freeing up 25Mb for apps on /data
- Added Darktremor A2SD 220.127.116.11 + swappiness bug fix.
- Compiled and added compcache kernel module + script to enable/disable compcache.
- No JIT by default but can be added with update.
- Hacked Vending.apk (Market) version 2006 that will greatly increase the number of available apps by faking HVGA (320x480).
- Fakes autofocus and more for more apps in the market
- Updated to latest Google Maps
- Updated to latest Google StreetView
- Added Launcher Pro
- Added Home Switcher
- Added the last flip-clock versionen of Weather widgets (yr.no).
- Added Googles News & Weather app/widget.
- Added HTC_IME & an AndroidKeyboard with Voice input support (also adds VoiceSearch).
- Added busybox with symlinks
- Added nano (texteditor)
- Added bash
- Replaced bootanimationen with a Nexus animation I resized for QVGA for another project.
- Replaced RoadSync with the offical upgrade you are allowed to download.
- Adjusted wallpapers in the original launcher to correct sizes and ascpect ratio for a QVGA device. May make them look a bit weird in the original launcher.
See post #2
See post #3
See post #4
See post #5
T-Mobile pulse mini users
UPDATE 2010-10-10: New zip file attached that also fixes the GPS. (TCT_tmo_u8110_update_2.zip)
If you can't get a phone network connection after installing, install the attached TCT_tmo_u8110_update.zip. That update replaced the ril libs with libs that are compatible with your phone.
Adding JIT gives a performance boost but I choosed to make it an optional update as it can cause problems with some apps. So far we know some apps that uses the google maps framework crashes if JIT is eanbled. Use the attached TCT_JIT_update.zip to enable JIT. There is also an update to go back to non-JIT if you change your mind later.