FORUMS

[RUU] Official 2.31.651.7 in ZIP Format, Flashable from Fastboot

79 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By tehdarkknight, Member on 10th October 2010, 05:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
As the title says, here's the Rom.zip extracted from RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_2.31.651.7_signed_release.exe for those that don't use Windows, or prefer to have their RUU in zip format.
This will flash your phone to 2.31.651.7 STOCK.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m6x4sr682ruk027
  1. Simply rename this to HERCIMG.zip and place on the root of your SDCard.
  2. Power your phone completely off.
  3. Press and Hold VOL DOWN and POWER until your phone boots into HBoot mode.
  4. Wait for it to verify the zip, then click <ACTION> (Trackball) to update, or <SEND> (Green Call) to cancel.

Enjoy!

Here's my guide to rooting .7:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=804296
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to tehdarkknight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tehdarkknight Ad-Free
21st February 2011, 06:49 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Personally..I want to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

I have spent the last four hours searching for this. This needs to be stickied. I'm bookmarking it for sure. This got my phone unbricked..I thought all hope was lost and I would have to call in for warranty support (I got mine refurbed through Sprint last October..so I don't even know if I would still have any warranty support), and see if I could try my luck and getting it replaced, since that is what others have said to do as apparently this file from OP, did not exist.

And so for future reference, so that others don't go mindlessly searching through the forums.

If you
a.) Managed to overwrite your Recovery some how or completely delete it. (I did..and from searching this and many other forums over the past couple hours..I can see I wasn't the only one), and also have no boot (or a corrupted boot loop)
b.) Still have S-ON (You can find this out by powering off your phone and then pressing and holding the power button and the lower volume button), I recommend you turn S-Off for future reference if you're going to be dealing with customer ROMs a lot (so you don't have to go through the hell I just did..). See here..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=759955
c.) Have an updated Hboot (1.47) (you can also find this info. in part b.)

....then you KNOW that you are stuck. Because you
a.) Cannot flash a ROM in Recovery because you cannot access it.
b.) You cannot access ADB because your phone won't go that far and will only go into fastboot..
c.) But even though you have access to fastboot you can't do ANYTHING like flash a recovery image or a ROM..or anything for that matter..because S is still ON. (this is the "not allow" messages you will see pop up.)
d.) You have bootloader 1.47 so if you for example, were like me couldn't use this file here.. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=657086), because it would say there was a newer version and wouldn't install it.

So this file right here..was the only thing getting my phone back to a usable state. And considering that my searches have shown to pretty much give up all hope and have it sent it for warranty repair, then I think this thread deserves a bump for all those that have screwed up.

Yeah..I have to start ALL OVER now from a stock ROM (thank god for nandroid), but at least my phone isn't a dead brick.

Just thought this needed a well deserved bump.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dzap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dzap Ad-Free
21st February 2011, 12:47 PM |#3  
Flag Beaufort, SC
Thanks Meter: 431

More
I wonder if there is a RUU for the latest .2?
21st February 2011, 03:23 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 827

More
Wanted to say BIG THANKS. This worked like a charm to update prl/profile. Keeping two copies of this one on the sd and on the laptop. Thanks again.

Yea it's me Again. With the
Modified .HERO.
21st February 2011, 03:28 PM |#5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laie1472

Wanted to say BIG THANKS. This worked like a charm to update prl/profile. Keeping two copies of this one on the sd and on the laptop. Thanks again.

Modified .HERO.

Forgive me for seeming NOOBish... but I can use this to do the same, then restore Nandroid back and it will keep the PRL/Profile update?

Just wondering... lolz, thanks!
21st February 2011, 03:40 PM |#6  

More
Yup But you will have to reroot. This takes root from you. You will have to reroot with the Hero rooter from Reg or Z4 or one click root. But read read read. And as far as the prl/profile yup it will stick. When your phone boots up after running this just go into settings and updates and choose update profile and update prl don't update firmware. I repeat don't update firmware. After that just reboot and check your prl should be 60675. After that reroot, then flash a recovery and then nand restore. Hope this helps good luck
Remember this returns you to stock you will loose root and recovery..

Modified .HERO.
21st February 2011, 04:26 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Why don't you guys just flash NFX's or LS's already rooted and way faster stock sense ROM to update PRL, etc?

Running stock ROM has to be one of the worst things ever after being on custom ROMs for so long.
21st February 2011, 04:51 PM |#8  

More
I tried flashing almost ever sense rom on here pmgrands port, ninfintes stock odex and deodex and his apps 2 sd builds he has like 4 or 6 different builds. Tried flashing liquids builds beta and stable. All gave me a error. So I had to use this. I couldn't flash any sense rom
and it was easier to use this than try to figure out y. If he can flash a sense rom then yea that's the easier way but if not this is a for sure way to get back to stock.

Modified .HERO.
The Following User Says Thank You to laie1472 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift laie1472 Ad-Free
21st February 2011, 05:59 PM |#9  
Flag Dahlonega, Ga.
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laie1472

I tried flashing almost ever sense rom on here pmgrands port, ninfintes stock odex and deodex and his apps 2 sd builds he has like 4 or 6 different builds. Tried flashing liquids builds beta and stable. All gave me a error. So I had to use this. I couldn't flash any sense rom
and it was easier to use this than try to figure out y. If he can flash a sense rom then yea that's the easier way but if not this is a for sure way to get back to stock.

Modified .HERO.

I still have my original nandroid from before I flashed any ROMs and it takes me back to stock Sprint, where I do my updating. Is this faster than that?
21st February 2011, 08:11 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jckeyser

I still have my original nandroid from before I flashed any ROMs and it takes me back to stock Sprint, where I do my updating. Is this faster than that?

Yup. That's way better and faster. Just go into settings / updates. Then just update prl and profile. Don't update firmware. After you confirm that your updated just nand restore and you should be good.

Edit not sure if you would have to reroot.

Modified .HERO.
24th February 2011, 12:52 AM |#11  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Thanks for the reply's all... I like Sense and have NFX rom on my Hero, loaded a few ROMS but they won't update, so no worries, when I have some free time I'll sit and do it then. I don't like the one click rooters nor the clockwork recovery, I guess I'm old school and do it the hard way, lol, but thanks for letting me know it'll work (prl update) and stay on the handset!

Regards!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)