FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

complete(write) operation failed...please help

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By marin 8703, Junior Member on 10th October 2010, 05:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone, I'm in a bit of trouble and I am really hoping that someone can help me out.

Yesterday I was flashing some rom or kernel or something and for some reason decided to try to repartition(my stupid mistake), but Odin stayed on Do Not Turn Off Target for a few hours so I thought I had no other choice but too restart the process, so I unplugged it. Well since then I get the phone-!-Computer, but I am still able to get to the download screen.

The problem is this:

Quote:

<ID:0/008> Added!!
<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
<ID:0/008> File analysis..
<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/008> Initialzation..
<ID:0/008> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/008> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/008> cache.rfs
<ID:0/008> Complete(Write) operation failed.<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

What I have tried so far:
1) flashing stock, and other versions-same result
2) using different computers, different OS ( 7 and XP )
3) Odin v1 and v1.3
4) changing the port number
5) trying to repartition again, always hangs for hours at Do Not Turn Off Target
6) I have tried many, many times

I have found others having similar issues but most were able to fix by reflashing to stock, didnt work for me.

I would greatly appreciate any help, thank you

10th October 2010, 06:06 PM |#2  
Flag Maricopa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 78

More
did you install the Samsung drivers on your computer?
10th October 2010, 06:20 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 203

More
First off WRONG forums, more than likely it's you don't have the drovers installed correctly or it's not recognizing the phone correctly in odin

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
10th October 2010, 06:21 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Chicago

More
Yes, I forgot to mention that but I do have the drivers installed. Over the past few days all has worked pretty well, things just went bad after i checked the repartition box and Odin hung.
10th October 2010, 06:26 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Chicago

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan.buddle

First off WRONG forums, more than likely it's you don't have the drovers installed correctly or it's not recognizing the phone correctly in odin

Sorry about that, I am pretty freaked out over this, didnt think to post elsewhere. If moderators can move to appropriate forum, thank you.

I am pretty sure that the drivers are correct and working, I have gone from stock to JI6 and back to stock in the last week with Odin. Also I was able to get adb to work before this happened. Thanks for the input guys.
10th October 2010, 06:37 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marin 8703

Sorry about that, I am pretty freaked out over this, didnt think to post elsewhere. If moderators can move to appropriate forum, thank you.

I am pretty sure that the drivers are correct and working, I have gone from stock to JI6 and back to stock in the last week with Odin. Also I was able to get adb to work before this happened. Thanks for the input guys.

Well repartition isn't anything to be scared of in odin. I would recommend downloading eugene373s froyo that doesnt brick, flash that via odin with repartition checked, then flash back to stock with repartition unchecked. This fixes voodoo soft bricks among other types of bricks. If using windows vista or windows 7 to open odin right click on it and run as administrator. I've heard it sometimes workes without that step, but I never got it to work without doing that.

Edit: also try redownloading the pit file, sometimes if it gets corrupted it can cause problems.

10th October 2010, 06:52 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Chicago

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildklymr

Well repartition isn't anything to be scared of in odin. I would recommend downloading eugene373s froyo that doesnt brick, flash that via odin with repartition checked, then flash back to stock with repartition unchecked. This fixes voodoo soft bricks among other types of bricks. If using windows vista or windows 7 to open odin right click on it and run as administrator. I've heard it sometimes workes without that step, but I never got it to work without doing that.

Edit: also try redownloading the pit file, sometimes if it gets corrupted it can cause problems.

I will try this right now...

Tried this and get the same result. While doing this with repartition checked, Odin hangs again, also tried with repartition unchecked and receive the same result as in first post.

I also tried flashing the stock kernel and it gives pretty much the same result except it fails after zImage instead of cache.rfs. It looks like it just cant write anything. What could be wrong?

Quote:

<ID:0/002> Added!!
<ID:0/002> Odin v.3 engine (ID:2)..
<ID:0/002> File analysis..
<ID:0/002> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/002> Initialzation..
<ID:0/002> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/002> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/002> zImage
<ID:0/002> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

The Following User Says Thank You to marin 8703 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marin 8703 Ad-Free
10th October 2010, 08:02 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:

I will try this right now...

Tried this and get the same result. While doing this with repartition checked, Odin hangs again, also tried with repartition unchecked and receive the same result as in first post.

I also tried flashing the stock kernel and it gives pretty much the same result except it fails after zImage instead of cache.rfs. It looks like it just cant write anything. What could be wrong?

Not sure, as far as I can tell you're doing it right. Maybe an actual malfunction. With the ota bricking a lot of phones of non modders, tmobile wont suspect one more person calling in for an exchange.

Edit: did you redownload the pit file?

10th October 2010, 09:30 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Chicago

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildklymr

Not sure, as far as I can tell you're doing it right. Maybe an actual malfunction. With the ota bricking a lot of phones of non modders, tmobile wont suspect one more person calling in for an exchange.

Edit: did you redownload the pit file?

Yea i re-downloaded everything, but still no luck. I guess its not gonna happen
If nothing works out in the next day or so, I'm going to give t-mobile a try.

Thanks for all the help, if anyone has any other suggestions I'm still willing to try.
10th October 2010, 11:33 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Chicago

More
Some great news. I'm back in business with my vibrant. The issue seems to have something to do with odin, because after several tries WITHOUT closing odin it worked. Until now I would restart odin because I thought that might help but the opposite worked better.

With that and the advise that wildklymr provided I was finally able to flash back to stock.

Thank you very much for the help, really appreciate it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marin 8703 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marin 8703 Ad-Free
12th March 2011, 09:54 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

Some great news. I'm back in business with my vibrant. The issue seems to have something to do with odin, because after several tries WITHOUT closing odin it worked. Until now I would restart odin because I thought that might help but the opposite worked better.

With that and the advise that wildklymr provided I was finally able to flash back to stock.

Thank you very much for the help, really appreciate it.

I just ran into the same problem as you tonight. I tried what you did with not closing odin and it worked for me too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)