From a Spanish cheff, SuperFroyo MVZ Legend 8
The thread is in Spanish, but you can download the rom from the link "Descarga" in red.
The thread: http://www.movilzona.es/foro/topic2567.html
Thanks to superatmel for his hard work, we finally have an alternative with Froyo in our machines.
EDIT: The rom is working FINE finally right now. Download and test!!
Enjoy this rom from Superatmel
EDIT2: Translation of the first post of the SuperFroyo ROM:
SuperFroyo MVZ 8 for HTC Legend, MovilZona edition
It´s installed from the recovery, as every time you install a ROM. Don't worry if takes a long time to get the first splash. It´s absolutely normal because it executes the config files in the first boot.
Added by manudas: It really reboots twice, the first time for the overlay filesystem, for having read/write access to the system partition.
You must have the Legend rooted. If you don´t know how to do, please search in this forum before asking.
I strongly recommend a full formatting to the SDCARD with three partitions EXT3 512MB / LinuxSwap 64MB and the rest in FAT32. You can do it from the recovery, but remember to save your data before (pics, music, etc…). This is because some directories are created in the sdcard (Android) in which records data I found to negatively affect the rom. PROVEN!
This rom autoinstalls itself, and also restarts twice after installation. Ie, reconfigures itself.
WIPE is recommend before the installation, because it has many changes. After installing the rom leave it alone for at least 4 minutes, not touching the screen, because this is the time it takes to finish of installing everything. Then you can setup the rom, but I recommend that you skip the google config, pressing skip button, and once in the launcher you can configure the rom as you like. This is because otherwise the phone will autoconnect to the market, and begin to automatically download all the applications you had installed. Al this can saturate the terminal because it does everything at once. Besides, if the phone connects to the market, background image that you had prior to the rom flashing will be there again, and then you will ask how is possible that after a wipe the bottom appears as you had before.
If you follow my instructions you will do a clean install. Then you should enter the market and install a free application to refresh the applications you have installed in the terminal and to see if everything went well you should go into "Downloads" and see if appears at least an update of SupSetup I'll post this afternoon to check .
Very attentive to you who do restorations of any kind against the rom cause you can have problems. (I mean backups, including their own SupSetup least in the application section). Special attention to restore configuration data of any kind. Under doubt, the best it´s not doing it.
Remember that the installation is at your own risk.
- Added Apps2sd in SupSetup. Now even allows the deactivation of this without having to WIPE. NEW! Do not be alarmed if you reboot, read the posts !!!!! (Better don´t use the applications move feature of Froyo)
Don´t activate Apps2sd without at least once you have restarted
Improvements in this version.
All versions are the same for all terminals
- SupSetup with integration to Legend
- Implementation of the base for HTC Legend
- Bug fixed Chamber
- HTC Legend Custom Kernel (126.96.36.199 reissued)
- Deactivated perflock for changing CPU frequencies (Only Legend)
- Implemented Swap Legend, not Compcache
- New edition of Framework for all bases (Nexus, Magic, Dream, Legend, Galaxy S)
- Preparation for FM (But not yet available)
- On base Froyo FRG83 2.2.1
- Kernel 188.8.131.52 (Nexus One, Magic & Dream)
- Digital retouching (the Chinese muiu)
- More stable Camara
- Google Apps updates
- Etc. ..
- New Gmail upgradeable
- New upgradeable Street View
- New way of setting up the internal processes with better results
- New SupSetup V12 14.06
- Edited the rill for a better and stable 3G HSDPA coverage
- Various internal improvements
- New management of the post installation Rom
- New way of SupSetup for disabling applications of the rom (Attention!! Disable is not uninstall)
- New very optimized kernel and removed processes that do not use the Nexus
- New SupSetup V12 v14.00
- New Launcher Pro if activated from the SupSetup configured for higher performance.
- Appear new SupSetup's with more applications to disable!!
- Now install themselves the voices for the GPS
- And more internal improvements for a brutal stability. That if it´s installed with a generous WIPE!
- Adding the Control of energy, I recommend activating the cells that are in the last captures for battery consumption settings, because for example when you turn on wifi automatically pass to 2g for lower battery consumption or you change the data will change also to 2g, or if the wifi is enabled then will activate the sync automatically, etc ...
-Added new option in SupSetup with the direct integration against the system (Optimize the system)
- New setup for the Launcher Pro: to activate it from the SupSetup, go to applications! Important if the Launcher Pro is enabled, for activating the future updates of the market you have to execute the option Optimize system!
- New Shazam
- Rescheduled framework for the implementation of the new option of SupSetup
- Kernel settings
- Adding the Control of energy, I recommend activating the cells that are in the last catch for battery consumption settings.
- Etc ...
- Fix Shazam
- Recompiled the framework to eliminate obsolete processes
- A small graphic touch
- Added black and white bar from the jrosmetamorh. (You must enter the program and select the folder jrosmetamorh / SuperFroyoBNegra or SuperFroyoBBlanca, wait to finish installing and reboot).
- Set some xml framework
- New icon of the battery.
- Various internal improvements
- This rom is very stable.
- All Cyano improvements
- Fix for flash player to install without Wipe (Nexus only)
- Improved 3D Gallery
- New ADWLauncher 1.1.5
- SupSetup V12 12.94
- Updated all apps
- Added icon headphones
- New kernel 184.108.40.206
- And as always own improvements
- Fixed a bug in the CPU frequency
- Fixed issue with FlashPlayer, if it does not work, apply "the force be with you" from the SupSetup, and wait to restart. (Solo Nexus)
- Fixed problem with Speech Sinthesis.
- Edited the battery again to display up to 100% load
- Revert SoundRecorder
- Added Series for Android
- Optimized Kernel for lower consumption. (Removed unused drivers)
- And besides of my optimizations, all from Cyanogen too
- Added restart in normal mode, recovery and bootloader
- Enabled again hsdpa
- Fixed bug in the battery icon
- New Wallpaper.apk
- New sounds and notifications in addition to integrating the lock & unlock from Iphone
- Many of internal improvements in the libraries
- Camera with manual focus touching the screen.
- Added Launcher Pro activating it from the SupSetup (applications menu)
- Added File Explorer activating it from the SupSetup (applications menu)
- ADWLauncher updated to version 1.1.4 (thanks AnderWeb)
- New option in the SupSetup Applications
- Added Development (Disabled from SupSetup)
- Added STK sim provider (Disabled from SupSetup)
- Added File Explorer from the SupSetup (Disabled from SupSetup)
- Terminal (Available from SupSetup)
- Added news and weather
- Implemented Flash Player 10.1 (only Nexus)
- Added Google Chrome to Phone. Allows you to launch pages from pc to mobile with one click, after installing the plugin on Google Chrome on your pc.
- Now you can customize the toolbars notifications from the Spare Parts.
- New application for viewing videos.
- Control the music in the lockscreen activated from the Spare Parts
- Many and funny improvements in Spare Parts for the control of the rom.
- You can modify all the colors of the rom including notification bar (text notifications, time and date)
- Now SupSetup applies directly the changing of CPU frequency
- Modified the management of "the force be with you", with better results of suffering sporadic FC's.
- Fixed the problem of always-on Bluetooth from SupSetup
- Implemented LinuxSwap and CompCache, but warning, you can only enable one of the two. If you enable one the other will be disabled automatically (Thanks Tole)
- And many small modifications to control the system.
- Optimized all the apk's png
- Take a look at the new Spare Parts integrated settings.
- Improved management of root
- New Market Management
- Now enabling APNs from SupSetup automatically applies
- Development is disabled from SupSetup
- New options in the Spare Parts that can even choose which applications are installed if not activated Apps2sd (better do not use)
- Wake Unlock & Wake up
- Sound Recorder can record conversations
- Updated Spanish translations
- Added Speech Synthesis (To the voices of the GPS)
- Added provider SIM STK
- Now you can activate and deactivate the JIT from the Spare Parts
- Spare Parts and SupSetup integrated into the rom settings
- Bug fixed contacts and translations
- Redesign of the images of the framework
- Audio Manager
- Google Apps integrated default
- Maps with GPS 4.5.0
- New Gmail
- SupSetup V12
- Wireless Manager
- Wifi status