FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Displex - scratch remover paste - YES/NO ?

286 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Karooluss, Senior Member on 15th October 2010, 06:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'd like to remove a scratch from Galaxy S display. Would you recommend this way to get rid of scratches ??

15th October 2010, 07:47 PM |#2  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 2,587

More
Never had any good luck with these liquids/pastes etc. I had quite a small scratch on my old phone and it never really helped. I suppose nothing would stop you buying it and giving it a go?
If you do report back.
15th October 2010, 07:51 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
I have had luck with Displex, but on a plastic display. The Galaxy S display is glass, and plastic polishes will not do a thing.

There are compounds to remove scratches from glass - they are very specialized (cesium oxide is one) and can usually found at mirror companies. That would be your best bet.
15th October 2010, 08:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
sgs plastics aren't meant to be polished, you could try car polish, but i doubt there's one soft enough! =/

Displex won't have te proper effect, maybe after hours of rubb'n it?
15th October 2010, 08:23 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chrzanow
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog00

I have had luck with Displex, but on a plastic display. The Galaxy S display is glass, and plastic polishes will not do a thing.

There are compounds to remove scratches from glass - they are very specialized (cesium oxide is one) and can usually found at mirror companies. That would be your best bet.

Well I've found where to buy this compound. It's also used in jewels to polish. its Cerium Oxide. There are many soultions how to remove scrathes from glass using polish disc and driller. But I dont know how tu use it on such small surface
21st March 2011, 01:30 AM |#6  
Flag Bogotá
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I used cerium oxide on my Samsung Captivate (gorilla glass) and it worked like a charm.

I just had to mix the cerium oxide pwoder with water and apply it on the phone screen using a rag. After 45 minutes of polishing all the scratches (5 scratches 3-8 mm long)were gone.

Regards!
21st March 2011, 12:57 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Doesn't this damage the touch screen sensors or anything? I know they're built into the glass aren't they? Or are they on the underneath side?

I've got a couple of scratches I'd like to get rid of, but I can live with them if doing this would damage the screen in anyway.
21st March 2011, 03:41 PM |#8  
Flag 13.09°N 80.27°E
Thanks Meter: 16

More
even with gorilla glass, the phone picks up scratches?
21st March 2011, 03:59 PM |#9  
Account currently disabled
Flag XDA Sucks !
Thanks Meter: 2,021

Donate to Me
More
Must do !! i too have a scratch on mine, it is small and looks like a hair strand but its very annoying...

But i invested in some screen protectors they were only £2.50 delivered but they do a good job and has covered up the scratch so i cant notice it anymore.
21st March 2011, 04:57 PM |#10  
Flag Esposende/Portugal
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Unhappy
If you don't like scratchs invest in a protector.
22nd March 2011, 02:39 AM |#11  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Toothpaste works too!

http://www.ehow.com/how_5113910_use-...scratches.html

I have tried it before, but it works better on plastic than glass. I guess glass is just too hard for the toothpaste to have noticeable effect. But might as well give it a try. At the worst it just won't make any difference at all.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)