FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Theme] Black Hole Epic 4G FIXED!!

5,077 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,565

Post Reply Email Thread
BLACK HOLE

This is my latest theme for the Epic, and will most probably be the last before Froyo is out. I'm not sure the framework changes in Froyo, but I assume it will be no trouble to port all of my themes over to Froyo after the release. I hope you enjoy!

First you need to root
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=770388
Then you need clockwork
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=782300
Finally you need a deoxed theme template
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9718693/Stoc...e_Template.zip

Download:
Black Hole V1.0
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9718693/blackhole.zip

What's included
Launcher Pro v0.8.1.0 themed (Plus version has themed widgets)
Background is in there if it doesn't take, check the LP wallpapers, it is in there select the black background and it will show.
Stock themed apps include:

Alarm Clock
Amazon MP3
Browser
Contacts
Camera
Email
Gmail
Gallery
Messaging
Music
Myfiles
Phone (not main dialer)
Youtube

Future updates will be
Camera
Hopefully Phone Dialer--Partially done

For detailed screen shots of all the themed apps click this link
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b3.../black%20hole/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20101012_221624.jpg
Views:	1092
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	421255   Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20101012_222441.jpg
Views:	780
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	421256   Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20101017_113054.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	421257   Click image for larger version

Name:	th_snap20101012_124930.png
Views:	716
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	421258  

18th October 2010, 12:00 AM |#2  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Looks good. Does it work with epic experience 1.0.12

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
18th October 2010, 12:29 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisiana

Donate to Me
More
It should work on any deodexed rom but let me know of any issues. I'm running a stock deodexed di18

18th October 2010, 06:17 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisiana

Donate to Me
More
Finally Themed the main dialer!!

18th October 2010, 08:14 PM |#5  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Midland
Thanks Meter: 69

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsforgotten

Finally Themed the main dialer!!

lookin good! only thing i would say is package a different wall paper in the mix. the dark blue icons dont play well with dark wallpapers. i would also say whip up a dock to match and youve got it!
18th October 2010, 08:18 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisiana

Donate to Me
More
Doc bar is in the works. So are plenty more extras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkidd

lookin good! only thing i would say is package a different wall paper in the mix. the dark blue icons dont play well with dark wallpapers. i would also say whip up a dock to match and youve got it!

19th October 2010, 12:51 AM |#7  
Flag Pittsburgh

More
do you know how the battery life on a stock deodexed di18 is compared to a custom deodexed rom. I really want to flash your theme. Also, does crake001 for the battery percentage mod work with stock deodexed and your theme?
19th October 2010, 01:38 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i'm new to the android world but was successful with changing themes on my iphone. please help me by giving me step by step on how to apply this theme. i already downloaded to my samsung epic but is stuck there.

g.salas
19th October 2010, 07:00 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisiana

Donate to Me
More
I haven't played around with too many roms to compare battery life. I carry two batteries and don't really worry about it. I didn't do the battery in percentages on this one. It is on the list for the future. Right this second I'm using a blue battery widget. Flashing my theme over crake's battery percentage will erase his mod, but it might be possible to copy my framework-res.apk and twframework.apk. I'm not sure though. Keep checking back and the percentage mod will end up on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurgh

do you know how the battery life on a stock deodexed di18 is compared to a custom deodexed rom. I really want to flash your theme. Also, does crake001 for the battery percentage mod work with stock deodexed and your theme?

19th October 2010, 07:04 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisiana

Donate to Me
More
Alright, first you need to download the one click root method and one click clockworkmod recovery if you haven't done that yet. The next step is you need to choose a rom that is deodexed, or download the stock di18 deodexed rom and flash the zip in clockworkmod recovery. You cannot theme the stock rom that comes on your phone, it must be deodexed so you don't run into force closed issues. Once your rom is booted and running, just boot back into recovery and apply blackhole.zip. That isn't the basic as the instructions get if you need more help, pm me and I'll go into further detail, as well as provide you with links to everything you need. Everything you need is available here at xda. Don't hesitate to ask more questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsalas

i'm new to the android world but was successful with changing themes on my iphone. please help me by giving me step by step on how to apply this theme. i already downloaded to my samsung epic but is stuck there.

g.salas

19th October 2010, 11:29 AM |#11  
Flag Pittsburgh

More
Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsforgotten

I haven't played around with too many roms to compare battery life. I carry two batteries and don't really worry about it. I didn't do the battery in percentages on this one. It is on the list for the future. Right this second I'm using a blue battery widget. Flashing my theme over crake's battery percentage will erase his mod, but it might be possible to copy my framework-res.apk and twframework.apk. I'm not sure though. Keep checking back and the percentage mod will end up on here.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)