FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] LauncherPro with fixed People widget

275 posts
Thanks Meter: 110

By ilangoadigal, Senior Member on 19th October 2010, 04:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I didn't like how the LauncherPro People widget had the name covering up the picture so I changed around the grid to fix it. Hopefully the developer will fix this in future releases, and modders can possibly include this simple fix in their versions.

signedLauncherPro.apk is the release candidate version with only the People widget changed.

signedcom.fede.launcher-1.apk is signal23's CLEAR version (white text / clear bg) - Full screen size as seen here- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=783427

Attached Files
File Type: apk signedcom.fede.launcher-1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.61 MB, 567 views)
File Type: apk signedLauncherPro-0.8.1.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.03 MB, 485 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilangoadigal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilangoadigal Ad-Free

19th October 2010, 04:31 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 110

More
DIRECTIONS FOR ADDING THIS FIX TO YOUR MOD

You basically need to decompile your LauncherPro apk, change lpwidget_contact_item.xml and then recompile it. It's pretty simple if you know the basics of Android apps. You need APK Manager. Here's the detailed instructions.

1. Send your launcherpro apk from your phone to your computer. You can browse to data/app in root explorer and it should be there. I usually send it via dropbox.
2. Put the APK in the put-apk-here-for-modding folder in APK Manager.
3. Load script.bat. Select launcherpro using (22). Decompile (9)
4. Browse to the Projects folder and browse to com.fede.launcher-1.apk\res\layout
5. Edit lpwidget_contact_item.xml in notepad to the following

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<FrameLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="130.0dip"
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
<ImageView android:id="@id/imagey" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="100.0dip" android:scaleType="centerCrop" android:layout_gravity="top|center" />
<TextView android:textSize="13.0sp" android:textColor="#ffffffff" android:ellipsize="marquee" android:layout_gravity="bottom|center" android:id="@id/texty" android:background="#aa000000" android:padding="5.0dip" android:fadingEdge="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
</FrameLayout>
6. Save it.
7. Back in APK manager, compile (11). Compile it as a System App. It will ask you if you want to copy over original files, do that (y). It will prompt you to go to the new "keep" folder and delete any files that you are modifying in the new apk. Delete resources.arsc in the root folder and then delete lpwidget_contact_item.xml from the layout folder. Go back to APK Manager and hit enter.
8. It will compile the rest of it for you. Sign it using (12).
9. You now have a signed version of the APK in your place-apk-here-for-modding folder. Transfer that to your phone. Uninstall your current version of LP and install the new one. Restore your old settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilangoadigal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ilangoadigal Ad-Free
19th October 2010, 05:51 AM |#3  
Flag big D
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Thanks, that's always bugged me too
19th October 2010, 06:38 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
THANK YOU!!!! That issue was bugging the crap out of me too, but I didn't know how to fix it. I'm so glad you figured it, and your instructions are so clear and easy to use. I hate when people give instructions and skip steps, so noobs like me would get lost. But your instructions worked step by step!! Thanks again man!
23rd October 2010, 06:50 PM |#5  
Flag Bronx NY
Thanks Meter: 3

More
awesome!!! thanks!
25th October 2010, 06:32 AM |#6  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I used your apk yesterday and I love it, only problem I have is my bookmarks popup is now light grey.
Not a huge deal as I hardly use it, but thought I'd let you know.

Thanks.
6th November 2010, 04:53 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks for your work and perfet modding/ but may I ask author to attach onli modified pepople widget apk files ? without louncher files ? I just asking about ready to install widget becouse I am want to use this app with my standart launcher on SE Xperia X10.

it is possible ? hope so and BIG THANKS for all
6th November 2010, 05:30 PM |#8  
Flag Hoth
Thanks Meter: 1,466

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC TyTN user

Thanks for your work and perfet modding/ but may I ask author to attach onli modified pepople widget apk files ? without louncher files ? I just asking about ready to install widget becouse I am want to use this app with my standart launcher on SE Xperia X10.

it is possible ? hope so and BIG THANKS for all

No it's not possible.
You need LauncherPro Plus.
23rd December 2010, 06:57 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangoadigal

I didn't like how the LauncherPro People widget had the name covering up the picture so I changed around the grid to fix it. Hopefully the developer will fix this in future releases, and modders can possibly include this simple fix in their versions.

signedLauncherPro.apk is the release candidate version with only the People widget changed.

signedcom.fede.launcher-1.apk is signal23's CLEAR version (white text / clear bg) - Full screen size as seen here- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=783427

Any chance this could be updated to the latest version of LauncherPro?

Many thanks in advance

Edit: Never mind. I was able to do it using your instructions. Thanks again, this is GREAT!
6th March 2011, 07:07 PM |#10  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 8

More
awesome! thank you

going to try it out, hopefully it still works on the newer version
6th March 2011, 09:01 PM |#11  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,205

Donate to Me
More
This would be awesome if we could use LPP People widget and the Bookmark widget as stand alone .apk's, it's one of the biggest reasons why I use LPP. I HATE there docking system.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)