FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android event log viewer?

523 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By kegobeer, Senior Member on 20th October 2010, 12:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was wondering...

1. Does Android utilize an event log (system, application, etc) system?
2. If so, is there an event log viewer that's available?

I've had my Captivate shut down the last two days at exactly the same time, and before I take it over to AT&T I want to look around and see what was running before the shut down, and maybe find out what thread ordered the shutdown.

Thanks in advance.

20th October 2010, 04:43 PM |#2  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 353

Donate to Me
More
Logcat from the market

Sent from my Captivate
20th October 2010, 07:03 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I'm a fan of OSMonitor. It can do logcat and a lot of other useful things as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheYar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheYar Ad-Free
20th October 2010, 07:29 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Panama City Beach
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Thanks for the info.
27th January 2011, 02:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Does anyone know how to save the Logs to my device so they are not purged when my phone reboots using OSMONITOR?
6th February 2012, 12:32 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I know this is a really old thread but after watching the introduction noob video i think searching for previous related topics and posting in them were the instructions.

My question is there app like the Windows "Event Viewer" that logs failed login attempts or failed pattern attempts?

I downloaded both the apps mentioned in this thread OSmonitor and Logcat. I was unsuccessful finding what i was looking for in both those apps. Is anyone aware of a app that performs what I'm looking for?

Tried:
Googling- Android Event View, Android Event Log, Android Security Log, Android Security Events, Android Failed login, Andorid Failed login log, etc etc. No luck so far =[
The Following User Says Thank You to Envvy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Envvy Ad-Free
12th July 2014, 10:31 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envvy

I know this is a really old thread but after watching the introduction noob video i think searching for previous related topics and posting in them were the instructions.

My question is there app like the Windows "Event Viewer" that logs failed login attempts or failed pattern attempts?

I downloaded both the apps mentioned in this thread OSmonitor and Logcat. I was unsuccessful finding what i was looking for in both those apps. Is anyone aware of a app that performs what I'm looking for?

Tried:
Googling- Android Event View, Android Event Log, Android Security Log, Android Security Events, Android Failed login, Andorid Failed login log, etc etc. No luck so far =[

Did you find something that logs activity? I'm getting sleep of death and want to know the cause
12th September 2014, 12:01 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How to check internet connection time date
Hi everybody,
can you tell me if I could check date and time of Internet time to my carrier servers? Because I had disbled Internet connection, but my carrier made me pay 4€ for connection request...he said!
Thanks in advance.
21st April 2016, 04:20 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Since this is a top search result for event logging - if you're looking for the event logs generated by calls to Log (android.util.Log) - these are accessible via logcat with
Code:
logcat -b events
. Similarly, Slog (android.util.Slog) entries are shown with
Code:
logcat -b system
These can be combined into a signle log.

From logcat --help,
-b <buffer> Request alternate ring buffer, 'main', 'system', 'radio', 'events', 'crash' or 'all'. Multiple -b parameters are allowed and results are interleaved. The default is -b main -b system -b crash.
21st March 2018, 11:09 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can you check activity log on a note 8 like on the iphone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)