FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Stock DI18 Theme Template For Themeing Stock/Non-Deodexed Rom

5,077 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,565

By dreamsforgotten, Senior Member on 21st October 2010, 07:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Stock DI18 Theme Template for the Samsung Epic 4g

This is for the themers to work from as a base and for those who wish to theme the stock DI18 rom on the Epic without having to install a deodexed rom.

Credit goes out to Raiderep and Crake for getting the ball rolling, and DearmasFamily for altering the code to make it work correctly. Thanks D, hope you guys enjoy.

This file deletes all the *.odex in system and framework, while installing stock files that have been deodexed and zipaligned. Should run very efficient! Hope you guys enjoy!

Flash in clockworkmod recovery right over the stock rom.

Download:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9718693/Stoc...e_Template.zip

Should be updating tomorrow with even more optimized stock files.

21st October 2010, 08:10 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisiana

Donate to Me
More
Just updated link, found 2 media hubs on my phone.
24th October 2010, 09:41 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I made a deodexed stock DI18 ROM already a few weeks back for this purpose.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=797090
24th October 2010, 04:38 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisiana

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firon

I made a deodexed stock DI18 ROM already a few weeks back for this purpose.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=797090

This isn't actually the same thing. For the average user to get their stock rom fully deodexed, you are correct. They can run your update zip, then place a theme on top of it. But for the themers, who are testing multiple themes, or the users who use more than one theme and switch back and forth, there is a huge difference. Let me give you an example. If I'm testing out my mayan theme and I want to flash the black hole. Lets say the mayan theme has the fonts changed and black hole doesn't (not true, just for sake of argument). I flash my theme template to reset the font and then I flash the black hole or have the font from the mayan theme bleed through to the black hole. At this point I'm not going to flash back to a entire stock theme and loose all my settings, I'm just going to flash the theme template to reset the framework files to stock. All settings, including your launcher, phone apps, etc will remain exactly as is when switching themes.
8th November 2010, 02:38 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisiana

Donate to Me
More
Updated. I was told by Zienzu that there is an issue with the Media Hub not recognizing file formats. I replaced the Media Hub and its services so they should be just fine now. If the problem persists, please notify me.

Looks like the first go round when I had 2 versions of the media hub in there, one was the fixed and one the broken. I deleted the fixed version out by mistake.
25th December 2010, 07:11 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello
i read your post and i also watch your work you need to improve your self if you need help then visit them unitthemes.com premium magento themes maybe they can help you well.
25th December 2010, 07:15 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
very nice
26th January 2011, 08:04 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No screenshots of this theme? I believe this is the only one I found made specifically for the Stock ROM which I like
26th January 2011, 08:17 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisiana

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipskicks

No screenshots of this theme? I believe this is the only one I found made specifically for the Stock ROM which I like

Lol this is not a theme, it deodexes the stock files on your phone from the phone. It has all the stock framework files sup you can flash this to wipe a theme off as well

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
3rd March 2011, 12:40 AM |#10  
Flag Concord, MA / Seoul, Korea
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Would it be possible to update this for EB13? or point me toward as to how to get a stock eb13 template? Is it the same as downloading the stock theme from the acs frozen rom addon? Thanks.
6th March 2011, 06:32 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisiana

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyl3rdurden

Would it be possible to update this for EB13? or point me toward as to how to get a stock eb13 template? Is it the same as downloading the stock theme from the acs frozen rom addon? Thanks.

Not quite the theme template for SyndicateRom has been tweaked to work without carrierIQ plus there are a few other changes in it like reboot option, 3 images for the GPS rather than 2. Sorry for the delay on answering this question. I'm going to work on a stock EB13 theme template.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)